Terragen Preferences - Navigation Panel
From Planetside Software Wiki
The Navigation preference panel contains setting relating to the Navigation Panel, as well as navigating around 3D Previews in general.
- Show navigation panel in 3D Previews: If this checkbox is checked then the navigation panel will be shown in 3D Previews, including shaderA shader is a program or set of instructions used in 3D computer graphics to determine the final surface properties of an object or image. This can include arbitrarily complex descriptions of light absorption and diffusion, texture mapping, reflection and refraction, shadowing, surface displacement and post-processing effects. In Terragen 2 shaders are used to construct and modify almost every element of a scene. and terrain previews. Initially a toggle button will be displayed, which can be clicked to show the full navigation panel. If this setting is unchecked then the toggle button and navigation panel are not shown. You can still access the standalone navigation panel from the Navigation Window item in the View menu. See the Navigation Panel documentation for more information.
- Use custom steps sizes for slowest navigation speed: If you would like finer control over positioning using the navigation panel you can use this setting to let you define custom linear and angular movement steps, using the two settings below. When this setting is checked the custom step sizes below are used whenever the navigation panel speed bar is set to the slowest speed (just one box highlighted in the bar).
- Movement step: When the checkbox above is checked you can use this setting to define a custom step size for linear movement. The value is in metres.
- Angle: When the checkbox above is checked you can use this setting to define a custom step size for angular movement, such as rotation, tilt and bank. The value is in degrees.
- Show compass in 3D Preview by default: If this is checked the navigation compass is shown in the top left of 3D Previews by default. It can still be shown and hidden as usual.
- Show compass in Heightfield/Shader Previews by default: If this is checked the navigation compass is shown in the top left of Heightfield and Shader previews by default. It can still be shown and hidden as usual.
- Default compass style: This popup lets you choose the default compass style. You can choose from a 2D Heading compass or 3D XYZ axes.