Animated Marsglobes

Started by Mahnmut, September 01, 2012, 08:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahnmut

Hello Together,
I dug out my neverending Green Mars Project again, some day I am planning to have places on the surface also, like Cocateho in his "Cold jungle"-thread. But for now I stay out of the atmosphere (which there is, I just let it away in order to decrease rendertime)
please click thumbnails for animation!
[attach=1]

[attach=2]

What do you think about the surface reflectivity properties? I find it very hard to find reference images of the earth, most you get from google are CGI these days. and though I am quite content with my land, I don´t seem to get the ocean surface right. although it looks much better with atmo.

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

Before I get much further, I have got at least two technical problems to solve:
maybe easy:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15031.0

Somewhat harder:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14724.0

C&C are welcome as always!
Best Regards,
J

Mahnmut

Hm, 50 views and one reply?
Thanks Bigben for the reference.
But you guys know that you can click on the thumbnails, don´t you?
Maybe my little globes simply aren´t that impressing, but even then I would like to hear why.
Best regards,
J

Dune

Yeah, Jan, it's a bit quieter at the forum than a year ago; not a lot of response sometimes. More posters suffer from lack of enthusiasm after their hard work. I don't know why.

jo

Hi Jan, I think those are looking pretty cool.

TheBadger

I like them too. Wish as Im sure you do that they were much bigger.

Cool project.
It has been eaten.

Mahnmut

Thanks for your kind comments!

Dune, you are surely right and I shouldn´t complain, there are a lot of images out there I liked very much without taking the time to comment.
Thanks Jo.
Badger, at least for the ones without atmo I got the renders for 600x800, I just reduced them because of the filesize.
The ones with atmo I rendered small because they take much longer.
And Jo Kariboo, yes, I am still experimenting with my green Mars. at the moment I am trying out first closeup-shots of which "martian surprise is a very early example. Maybe someday I´ll reach the richness of your great images in my Martian landscape, but that´s still far away.

Thanks to all,
best regards,
J