Water Shader - Reflections Tab
This tab controls the reflectivity of the water.
- Master reflectivity: Controls the overall level of reflectivity for the water.
- Index of refraction: The amount of light refraction caused by a given material, as indicated on index of refraction (or refractive index). 1.33 is the standard refractive index for water. Index of refraction also affects the reflectivity of a surface. The higher this number is, the more reflective the surface will be at angles facing towards the camera (e.g. when looking down at water below the camera).
- Horizon shift: This function is used to simulate the "shift" in reflection due to the aggregate effect of greater or lesser surface roughness on distant reflective surfaces. It will essentially shift the angle of distant reflection toward or away from the horizon.
- Highlight intensity: Controls the strength of specular highlights from light sources.
- Min highlight spread: Control how much "spread" the reflections have; in other words, how diffuse the specular highlights are.
Back to: Water Shader