Terragen 2.5 Released with FBX Support
Terragen 2.5 is now available, bringing significant new import and export functionality to Terragen users. Industry standard FBX format is now supported for both import and export, and can include cameras, lights, nulls, and animation as well as terrain geometry. In addition, Nuke .CHAN files can now be exported from Terragen as well as imported.
Terragen 2.5 is a major step forward for interoperability, enhancing workflow between Terragen and many other 3D applications.
Significant changes include:
- Export of cameras, lights, nulls, and animation to FBX format
- Export of camera data to Nuke .CHAN format
- Export of terrain data to FBX format
- Import of camera, lights, nulls, and animation from FBX
- New Card node that can be populated and used for billboards
You can find out more about using FBX in Terragen in the Planetside Wiki:
Version 2.5 includes numerous other bug fixes and enhancements. Check out the full Terragen 2.5 Release Change Log for details.
How To Get It
The 2.5 release is available free of charge for licensed users of Terragen 2 as of Saturday, December 1st, 2012. If you are a licensed user, please use the built-in Check For Update feature to access the new version.