Planet Halo

Started by rcallicotte, February 28, 2008, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

No matter which way I put the sun, this halo persists around my planet.  This is not the default planet, though not far from it.  Maybe I should already know this, but I can't find where this was addressed.  Any help?

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Have you tried disabling the atmosphere?  That will certainly help.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Well, no.  I'm using the atmosphere to even see the planet.  The planet isn't visible and this is under the condition of putting the sun anywhere and everywhere.

dhavalmistry

lower the atmo altitude...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Oshyan

The "halo" is the atmosphere. What are you trying to achieve? Why do you want it to go away?

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

As soon as I figure it out, I'll let everyone know.  If I can't, I'll post a TGD.  I think the problem is that I'm doing something to hide the asteroid behind something...like another planet.  I simply can't see or render the asteroid.  I'm sure it's my fault.  I will get back to this.

JimB

Switch on raytraced shadows in Atmosphere?
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

bigben

Accidentally turned off render surfaces in the planet node?. That will look like this...

ghotir

Are you trying to make the Halo go away, or are you trying to make the planet show up?

rcallicotte

Planet show up.  I think I find out one - problem: planets inside of other planets lose the light from the sun.  That was one problem.   :-[

Quote from: ghotir on February 29, 2008, 10:50:42 AM
Are you trying to make the Halo go away, or are you trying to make the planet show up?