Not to be held in check

Started by bobbystahr, November 07, 2016, 01:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

by a non working station I reinstalled TG4 on the dell...this is what happened. The walls were made in Imagine3D with their displacement feature which is called curiously, applique, from a map I found a series of online back in Imagine days. Built the gate with 5 cubes and some image maps, that's Dune's stone, bottom left, and his grass as well with a couple of XFROG freebies.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

My stone bottom?  ;D

Anyway, I dig that wall, and the tree coverage. Really. The entrance itself is a bit too rough (and red, but well... Chinese), and the snow needs some displacement intersection or max slope. More grass in front, I'd say. I hope you take this further, Bobby.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 07, 2016, 02:55:42 AM
My stone bottom?  ;D

Anyway, I dig that wall, and the tree coverage. Really. The entrance itself is a bit too rough (and red, but well... Chinese), and the snow needs some displacement intersection or max slope. More grass in front, I'd say. I hope you take this further, Bobby.

Er, bottom left.....I fully intend to. Designing a population of lamps to go along the path as wll as your hints, but realization will have to wait till my workststion comes back from the hospital...breech birth I figger. He came by to fix it onsite and by the time he took it away it wouldn't even boot...confused and a tad embarrased he was as it ran fine and he couldn't crash it before he originally brought it over...oh well, I am a patient dude....

edited the punctuation so it reads correctly now...my Englsh teacher would have been pissed at that sentence.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Get well soon for your machine, Bobby!

I like the start of this chinese project and will wait what happens next - Ulco already said what is to be said  ;)

Dune

Punctuation is vital, sometimes!  ;)

N-drju

Rock-hard bottom but a soft, tender heart. :D

I would suggest to slightly "sink" the vegetation, so that the roots are covered by the ground. Or indeed add some more grass to hide it.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Kadri

There is quite a potential in this image Bobby.Nice.

AP

Agreed and I am liking the neat wall as well. Keep it up.

luvsmuzik

I hope when you get Godot fixed you will add your oriental gazebo type set up somewhere in this scene. If you do a short animation that would be a cool tour of the grounds!
Promising render.

I was just reviewing some downloaded user pictures and found that image. Like a lightbulb, I remembered what you said about displacing the SSS I think. Then found a file about snow stuff. How dumb can I be? In a surface layer you can displace up or down.....everyday something new.

bobbystahr

Been tweaking the gate. As it's all cubes I found rounding the vertical ones made nice carved pillars when displaced, and leaving rounding off for the horizontals made for nice carved lumber also when displace. That's the beauty of the displacable objects, they'll mutate.The sign is textured with a Surface rather than the Default. working on the mountains and getting a grass I'm happy with atm.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

did a small test and well, I have to re pop  as the tree growing out of the wall is immovable in edit mode....I suspect it's the 0,0,0 tree

Just got word my workstation arrives tomorrow afternoon so I'll hold off on a proper render till I have it running.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

That's looking better, I like the effect on those gate parts. Still needs some work on the 'white blob', though! Have you got any flowers to sprinkle in front? that would suit this.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 08, 2016, 03:00:02 AM
That's looking better, I like the effect on those gate parts. Still needs some work on the 'white blob', though! Have you got any flowers to sprinkle in front? that would suit this.

It's gonna look even more different as at that tree growing out of the wall was im-movable with edit, I think I mentioned. It's at the  0, 0,0 spot of the pop and but nothing in Edit would enable me to move it. I sometimes get that with a building at 0,0,0 and a tree pop where the marker at 0,0,0 grows through the house. This has happened intermittently in all versions since pops came to us plus I fixed the white blob...waiting for my machine to arrive this afternoon. He says it was the bad RAM and it's running rock solid now. Then I'll make it big hi res. The grass areas are now 2 types and I've done the Colour Vary thing so it looks more random less lawn like now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

If you move the pop a meter or so, you might be able to edit it. As far as I found, the instances kind of stay similar, but moved with the pop. Then the blasted tree is not at 0/0/0. Then move the pop back and see what happens. Just an idea.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 08, 2016, 10:33:21 AM
If you move the pop a meter or so, you might be able to edit it. As far as I found, the instances kind of stay similar, but moved with the pop. Then the blasted tree is not at 0/0/0. Then move the pop back and see what happens. Just an idea.

Too late, I re-popped last night before I shut her down but I'll keep that advice in mind for the inevitable next time this happens. With this particular tree, VEG_OC49_Eucalyptus_dumosa_White_Mallee,  I can't get an unattractive population so I'm not too worried. Plus there are 9 varieties so I may add a younger one for fill as I can do as many pops as I want now. So long on the freebie I  still act miserly with pops...but I'm getting better, heh heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New