Urban scene

Started by Hannes, September 29, 2016, 08:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I used the city block I already had in my Dinotopia image. I adjusted even more of the 165 shaders (thanks to Bobby, who gave me the tip to use PoseRay to simplify the shader stuff. I wish I had known this before!!), and used several instances of it, rotaded each one of them, so that hopefully it's not too obvious, that it's the same model.
I created a mask for the road marks in Photoshop by using a top view orthographic render of the scene and broke it up with a PF.
I added a lot of more stuff, and in the end I'm happy, that I worked in real scale from the start. Whenever I use a downloaded model I scale it up or down correctly BEFORE I import it into TG now, which is a great time saver! Adding a thin cloud layer as haze with "receive shadows from surfaces" checked increased rendertimes a lot, but I think it's worth it.
The image took about four hours to render in 4K with Detail 0.8 and AA of 9. Given the fact, that there's a lot of stuff (including some reflective shaders with RT on) in the scene, it's not too bad, I guess.

Btw, all models in this image are free ones.

Hannes

Btw, the girls are NOT naked! They wear tiny little bikinis!

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on September 29, 2016, 08:51:54 AM

you just ruined it....
:D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Quote from: archonforest on September 29, 2016, 09:17:59 AM

you just ruined it....

I'm deeply sorry! ;D ;D ;D I just thought, maybe there are some moralists here...

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on September 29, 2016, 09:32:14 AM
Quote from: archonforest on September 29, 2016, 09:17:59 AM

you just ruined it....

I'm deeply sorry! ;D ;D ;D I just thought, maybe there are some moralists here...

Great render btw!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

Another very impressive image Hannes! Not a usual subject for a TG render, but you've once again shown us what's possible. Excellent!

Hannes

Quote from: zaxxon on September 29, 2016, 09:52:02 AM
Not a usual subject for a TG render...

I know! At least there's a cloud layer! ;)
And it's great to see TG handling vast loads of objects and textures. And the lighting.

Dune

I know those ladies, they prowl around in my digital domain too, waiting to pose  ::) In fact they have been sunning on an island I recently made. Some girls get around, don't they.
Excellent work, Hannes, great light and lots to see. How about the people in the streets, are they pops of people? And the cars also? Lot of work.... but really worth it.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on September 29, 2016, 11:07:19 AM
I know those ladies, they prowl around in my digital domain too, waiting to pose  ::) In fact they have been sunning on an island I recently made. Some girls get around, don't they.
Excellent work, Hannes, great light and lots to see. How about the people in the streets, are they pops of people? And the cars also? Lot of work.... but really worth it.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Yes, the people in the streets are the well known Xoio people. In fact nobody is walking!
The cars are mostly low poly cars I collected from different free CG sites. The people are pops, but the cars are individual models.

DocCharly65

This is great again, Hannes! Another of those pictures, you can watch a long time to discover new details! Really great!

masonspappy

Beautifully done!

Quote from: Hannes on September 29, 2016, 09:32:14 AM

you just ruined it....

[/quote]

Where? Where?  ???

Hannes

DannyG

See that just ruined the whole image for me  ;)
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Well I'm glad that helped hannes, I got into the PoseRay habit back before we had unlimited shaders and many models were made usable that way. This is just stunningly real; well done!
You should do a 360 of this for Danny's new gallery of VR images he's putting together at NWDA..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist