Rendering Temperature problem

Started by vizer33, May 29, 2015, 12:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vizer33

Hi guys, i am having some temperature issues while trying to render 3D animation in Cinema 4D, the temperature reached 100 C and all 4 cores load were maxed at 100%, is there a way to lower the temperature?? btw i am using a cooler master hyper D92 heat sink on my CUP or is there any better recommendation?

Haswell refresh i7 4790
gtx 970

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjhec9sm2qn3qwh/Untitled.png?dl=0 This is insane

archonforest

Cannot recommend a brand but just get a bigger cooler than u have right now. Or consider to set-up a water cooler in the case.  Or in case of overclocked cpus you might consider to go back to standard frequency.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Or check whether the processor is securely linked with the silver stuff between. Does it heat up with other soft too?

Hannes

Recently I had some overheating problems too and cleaning my computer with a vacuum cleaner solved this problem. Embarrassing... :-[

DannyG

Get a hydro, they are extremely cheap nowadays. Depending on your case a Corsair i80, i100  or an i110 will cost you only $80 - 100. Its worth the investment.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

otakar

Check for dust. My fans move a lot of air around (and dust, unfortunately). The heatsink tends to get gummed up a bit too. Also, depending on the setup, your bios can control the fan speed and turn it up as necessary.

zaxxon

Ditto Danny on the liquid cooler. I've had great results from my Corsair i100.  6 cores running virtually 24/7 at 100% usually 20+ points below max.