Nacer Eddine

Hi,
my question is simple
is there any technicals or settings to make  waves as in these examples:

thank you

1st step what is the best setting ??
i start whis is :

Dune

The question is simple, but the answer is not that easy. There's no plugin like in Tg classic. You'd have to build your own setup, and work with masks (a lot). The settings of the water shader you showed won't do any good, best keep them at default for an average sea. For shallow water, reduce the 10m setting to 1 or even less, so the waves won't be that prominent.
The way my beach scene works is with a set of (warped) long masks, as briefly explained, covering different parts of the beach and water (either by height restriction, or by location), each surface layer having its own child layers, like sand ripples, wet sand, small stretched waves with a tilt and shear shader applied for the surf, and larger waves at the deep end.

PeterParker

Quote from: Dune on March 15, 2014, 04:33:06 AM
The question is simple, but the answer is not that easy. There's no plugin like in Tg classic. You'd have to build your own setup, and work with masks (a lot). The settings of the water shader you showed won't do any good, best keep them at default for an average sea. For shallow water, reduce the 10m setting to 1 or even less, so the waves won't be that prominent.
The way my beach scene works is with a set of (warped) long masks, as briefly explained, covering different parts of the beach and water (either by height restriction, or by location), each surface layer having its own child layers, like sand ripples, wet sand, small stretched waves with a tilt and shear shader applied for the surf, and larger waves at the deep end.

I wish my understanding would be better to take my pics to another level. :)

N-drju

What I would like to do is to have a lake with several wave surfaces present to imitate windless areas and squalls here and there. I guess I'll just create three to four water shaders and use some masks (fractal-based shaders probably?) to modify where each of these shaders appear. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Are you aware of the wind patch effect of the water shader's surface? This seems to do exactly what you describe.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on March 18, 2014, 09:59:09 AM
Are you aware of the wind patch effect of the water shader's surface? This seems to do exactly what you describe.

You beat me to the punch on that one Hannes.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist