populations not clipping to render camera

Started by Kevin F, July 04, 2012, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Here's an odd one! Populations are clipping to camera01 and not the render camera. In the screen dump "clip prob3"  you can see camera 01 over the roof of the cottage, and the pops which are checked to "clip to camera" are being clipped to this camera and not the render camera. Preview mode is checked as "hidden".
Clip prob2 shows the same screen dump with one of the pops checked for "wireframe" in preview mode.

The rendered version clearly shows the pops clipped to the wrong camera.

Oshyan

Are all populations Clipped To Camera, but some are clipped to the wrong one, or are all Clipped populations using the wrong camera? Have you tried switching the Master render node (check box in the renderer)?

- Oshyan

Kevin F

Quote from: Oshyan on July 04, 2012, 02:38:53 PM
Are all populations Clipped To Camera, but some are clipped to the wrong one, or are all Clipped populations using the wrong camera? Have you tried switching the Master render node (check box in the renderer)?

- Oshyan

Oshyan, all pops clipped to correct camera. The additional camera was only used once to accurately adjust the position of an object (the chimney on the roof of the house which is a separate object). When I subsequently rendered the scene using the original render camera only some of the populations updated to the new camera. I then forced an updated on all populations and things are now o.k. As for the Master render node - I never use it! what's it for?
Thanks for your quick reply.

Oshyan

Oh that makes sense, it just didn't update the clipping, it hadn't realized that you'd switched camera perspectives and that necessitates a population update in that case. A small bug but a bug nonetheless I think.

I don't think the Master render node should affect this, but I figured it was worth a try to troubleshoot. As far as I'm aware it mainly just defines what render node will be used by default when called from the commandline.

- Oshyan