Clouds on Moons

Started by ares2101, May 31, 2012, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ares2101

I started working on a scene for a double planet this afternoon and I seem to have come across something odd.  Is it not possible to create a cloud layer on an additional planet in TG2?  I never noticed it before, but I don't seen an option for placing the cloud layer on another planet in the scene.  If I try pasting a cloud node and attaching it to the other planet's atmosphere node, the scene goes black.

cyphyr

I may be on the wrong track here (not unknown...) but check the internal network of your new planet. You should find your atmos settings in there.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

ares2101

Quote from: cyphyr on May 31, 2012, 03:36:55 PM
I may be on the wrong track here (not unknown...) but check the internal network of your new planet. You should find your atmos settings in there.
Richard

"If I try pasting a cloud node and attaching it to the other planet's atmosphere node, the scene goes black." <-- Tried it.

Simius Strabus

I've seen this happening before. Here's what I did. Go to your second planet, disconnect the atmosphere and cloud(s) nodes. reconnect the atmosphere node to your planet, then connect it to the cloud node and connect the cloud node to the planet again. Also useful when moving a planet and the atmosphere is "stuck" in place, floating in free space. Its some kind of 'reset'.
Hope it works for you.

See image:
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Oshyan

New planets come with an atmosphere by default. Secondary planets have internal surface and atmosphere shader networks though. You need to right-click the secondary planet node(s) and go to Internal Network to see them and make connections there.

If your new planets aren't coming in with an atmosphere attached, what method are you using to create them? What version of TG2 are you using?

- Oshyan

ares2101

Quote from: Simius Strabus on May 31, 2012, 05:03:06 PM
I've seen this happening before. Here's what I did. Go to your second planet, disconnect the atmosphere and cloud(s) nodes. reconnect the atmosphere node to your planet, then connect it to the cloud node and connect the cloud node to the planet again. Also useful when moving a planet and the atmosphere is "stuck" in place, floating in free space. Its some kind of 'reset'.
Hope it works for you.

See image:

Odd thing to have to do, but it fixed it.  Thanks.