update queery

Started by Kevin F, April 17, 2012, 05:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Thanks for the new version guys, but what's happened to the pixel filters and ray detail region options in the render tab? Both just give one option. Can't see ref to this in the changes log.

Kevin F

It's happening with noise flavour too. Only one default option available.
Any answers?

Kevin F

In fact it's effecting everything with a pull down menu. Amazing that this got through!

Kadri

No problem here Kevin .
Did you tried uninstalling and reinstalling ?
What are your specs ?

cyphyr

Its working correctly for me.
I agree with Kadri's advice
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

Sorry to hear about that problem, but we certainly never saw that in testing, and there were a lot of eyes on it (so to speak). It may well be a bug, but it sounds like it could be specific to something in your system configuration. I think starting with a complete uninstall, making sure to delete all existing TG2 files (in the install directory, /program files), would be a good  idea. Especially if you simply installed over your existing version rather than uninistalling and then installing the new one.

- Oshyan

Kevin F

Quote from: Oshyan on April 17, 2012, 03:08:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that problem, but we certainly never saw that in testing, and there were a lot of eyes on it (so to speak). It may well be a bug, but it sounds like it could be specific to something in your system configuration. I think starting with a complete uninstall, making sure to delete all existing TG2 files (in the install directory, /program files), would be a good  idea. Especially if you simply installed over your existing version rather than uninistalling and then installing the new one.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan, just done all that and still got the problem. I re installed 2.3 and that was O.K, so I then reinstalled 2.4 and same prob comes back. Wiered.
I do need a new system and this could just be the excuse I need!

Oshyan

Strange indeed. Is the problem with dropdowns the only issue you're seeing? Any other graphical or UI issues? I don't suppose you're using a different font size or a Windows theming app? Perhaps try updating your graphics drivers (long shot).

- Oshyan

Kevin F

Solved it! If I highlight a dropdown box and then roll the middle mouse wheel, the options appear in rotation with the wheel!
Still going to get a new system (just for the animation of course ;D

Oshyan

Well, I'm glad you found a workaround. We'll see if anyone else reports similar issues. What operating system are you on?

- Oshyan

Kevin F

Quote from: Oshyan on April 17, 2012, 05:53:28 PM
Well, I'm glad you found a workaround. We'll see if anyone else reports similar issues. What operating system are you on?

- Oshyan

XP pro sp3 32 bit

Oshyan

Strange indeed. Thanks for the info. Hopefully this thread will be found by any others who might be seeing this issue, though I'm happy to see no other reports of it thus far.

- Oshyan

jo

Hi,

I have to say my XP machine has been awaiting a new graphics card for a couple of years now, so I haven't been doing any testing on XP. However I can't think of any changes made since that time which would stop the dropdown list box working. My suspicion is that it's graphics driver related. I did have intermittent problems with some things when I updated drivers. I know that somewhere in XP, Displays control panel I think, there is a slider which lets you control how much hardware acceleration is used for drawing the UI. I would suggest that you move that slider all the way to the left and see if that fixes the problem. If it does try moving one step to the right until it stops working, than moving it one step back to the left.

If you can't find the slider I mentioned let us know and hopefully someone more familiar with XP can fill you in.

Regards,

Jo

Kevin F

Thanks Jo, but I did try that.
But..... I did change the windows theme back to the basic default, rebooted and hey presto all is as should be. At first I didn't think the theme I had could have been the problem, it was only the basic default with my own desktop image and a black background.
Interestingly, I then changed back to a modified theme again, rebooted and it's still o.k. Can't see how but I don't care, it's working.
Thanks for the help guys.

jo

Hi Kevin,

Changing the themes was actually something we recommended to people, now you mention it. I was never able to figure out why. Pleased to hear it's working for you now.

Regards,

Jo