Alien eve v1.5

Started by Mahnmut, September 15, 2010, 08:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahnmut

I couldn´t resist, but I am learning while it renders.
Stars are from moodflow, all the rest is my own.

First version,scroll down for the new one.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4146/4994102181_9863a1c8f3_b.jpg

What do you think?

Best regards,
Jan

jbest

Definitely a alienesque look to this picture. Great job! You actually made those plants?
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

cbest

Good picture and excellent work! Perhaps the planet on the far right seems a tiny bit disorted?
Terragen: the universe in 56 kilobytes.

Mahnmut

Thanks to all you Bests,
C, you are right, i didnßt notice the distortion and have no idea where it comes from.

J, yes i did make those plants, if you want to see them "by day" take a look here:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=9908.0

Thats how they came out of blender, no tg-surfaces there.

Best Regards,
jan

jbest

You make good alien plants .. !
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Henry Blewer

This is really cool looking. I have to admit that it reminds me of the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones cartoon. Could be his home planet.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

inkydigit

cool alien world...kinda spooky too!

schmeerlap

Nice. I like the overall twilight tone, and those glowy droopy alien plants are great.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

choronr

I like this for its lighting/atmospheric effects. The distorted effect is the barrel effect - I would just delete it since the other planet alone creates a good balance for the picture.

Mahnmut

thanks for all your kind words!

For the creation of alien plants I can really recommend "ngplant". its free and quite easy to learn.
I reckon its also good with terran plants, but my ram can´t handle so many leaves, thats why I made alien ones.

I didn´t realise that terragen has a barrel effect or "lens" distortion at all. Funny.

Another strange thing:
I tried to render a really detailed (0.9) version after some minor adjustments, but I wasn´t content with the outcome.
Since the anti-aliasing comes in one step at the end it seems to be more blurring than in former versions, but maybe that is just the direct comparison. And with lower AA it looks just pixelated. especially the plants (quality set to highest)- as you can see in the daylight image the model is quite smooth
I fear I need the full version and a PC that can handle it.
Any ideas besides that?
Best regards,
Jan

jbest

You use the free version?

dandelO

Try using 'box' as the AA strategy, it's the sharpest, the same AA as TG2 had before the different filters were added.
Also, if you check 'ray trace objects', you needn't worry about the population quality settings at all, they're not needed when you ray-trace objects.

Cool sci-fi render! :)

Mahnmut

Thanks dandelO!
I really do like this AA better.

here comes the result with slightly better quality and some minor adjustments:

Maybe I will postwork it a little bit, but otherwise this is it.
That´s as good as it gets using the free version.

What do you think?

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

domdib

Very atmospheric - the sun on the right is excellent.