Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I also just quickly made these two generators in Photoshop. Just load the actions into your photoshop, create a new document, and generate (play) Stars A or B.

Subsequently this allows you to see every action I took broken down. :)

Feel free to use the preview JPEGs if you want as well.

I have an ancient (circa year 2000) yet still useful version of Photoshop, and I cannot find a way to open the file through a new project or applying filters.  Maybe because I have a severely outdated version?  No big deal anyway.  I can take a starfield image and jazz it up quite a bit.

Would that be Photoshop CS or 6? I own both and could try and fish them out to remake it. Know they both have guassian blur and noise filters.

Thanks for your response!  I have version 6.0.

Alright, I have been looking and have found my CS, which is version 7.0, it may provide a action that would work in 6.0. Though in retrospect I'm not sure if I remember actions even being part of 6.0. Still looking for my 6.0 disc. I know I had the box and a burned copy that I use for installs (back than I burned copies of everything and saved the original discs. was young and lost a lot of computers/discs so was developing habits)
User-contributed Tutorials / Re: My way to get stars! (short version)
« Last post by Rich2 on Today at 06:30:31 PM »
I also just quickly made these two generators in Photoshop. Just load the actions into your photoshop, create a new document, and generate (play) Stars A or B.

I have an ancient (circa year 2000) yet still useful version of Photoshop, and I cannot find a way to open the file through a new project or applying filters.  Maybe because I have a severely outdated version?  No big deal anyway.  I can take a starfield image and jazz it up quite a bit.

Would that be Photoshop CS or 6? I own both and could try and fish them out to remake it. Know they both have guassian blur and noise filters.

Thanks for your response!  I have version 6.0.
Image Sharing / Re: Columnar Cliffs - Evolved
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 06:10:47 PM »
Thanks mhaze. Turns out every time I tried to do this myself I wasn't understanding how the voronoi diff was used to "carve" or "detail" the round columnars from the perlin, hence my round columnars in my original go lol

Terragen Discussion / Re: Terracing without Strata Shader
« Last post by cyphyr on Today at 05:56:47 PM »
Ahh, yes I see. Yes it is a constant annoyance that both the top and bottom of an area that has the strata shader has annoying outcrops and undercuts. Always trying to fudge that out.
Good luck. Hope you find a solution in the blue. I would have thought a step shader might help and of course you can do it with multiple surface layers (but it's very clumsy).
User-contributed Tutorials / Re: My way to get stars! (short version)
« Last post by Rich2 on Today at 05:55:33 PM »

Image Sharing / Re: New series of river works
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 05:54:14 PM »
Thanks guys. The horses do have some random added variation, but you may be right it could be a little more. I don't really know about these przewalski-like wild horses, but they were probably a bit varied indeed.
I guess a good question is if they are/we're part of domesticated breeds. That's where the colours came from from breeding sub species
Terragen Discussion / Re: Terracing without Strata Shader
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 05:50:55 PM »
Does anyone know how to step and terrace a scalar like the strata but without obviously all it's strata noise between terraces? I've been making my own strata shader which will be incorporated into a lateral shader set I'm working on but it lead me into a side project on trying to replicate the actual terracing effect (you know what the depth of strata effects).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but can't you just set the octaves to 1.
Then you would just get the terraces at the hard layer spacing and no "detail" or "noise".

Yes you are correct, but if you read the first post this is more about trying to reproducing the effect for a custom shader. Also unfortunately with depth on strata flattens and pushes base terrain level up so hoping to overcome that.
Image Sharing / Re: New series of river works
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 03:22:14 PM »
Here's a crop of another scene is this series I'm working on. Still some things to do....

cool scene and lots of potential for other set ups...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything