Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: 15 miles on the Erie Canal
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 09:48:51 PM »
WOW...nuff said as it's all been said B 4 and I agree.
Terragen Discussion / Re: gradual transparency method
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 08:50:54 PM »
You may also be able to do your transluparency trick w/o the glass shader. Give it lots of specular and some reddish/orange luminosity and transparency. I am glad to know I am not the only one this inconsistency happens to, however. Sometimes I even have to change an image made with an alpha channel to alpha from color, fiddling with tolerance also. There has to be some other trickery that gets in the way.
Terragen Discussion / Re: gradual transparency method
« Last post by Hannes on Today at 05:38:54 PM »
Weird! If you use two cards there may be some difficulties when there are two glass shaders involved. I had the problem that when I have two objects with glass shaders behind each other the one behind renders black in some cases.
Terragen Discussion / Re: World Creator steps up...
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 04:56:02 PM »
We're using Octane as well. It's GPU city.
Liquid cooling keeps them from getting surly.
This World Creator software should prove really interesting.
Do a bunch of crazy shit super fast and bring into TG for the secret sauce, plus of course the huge TG advantage of a procedural planet, which no one else can touch.

What a time to be alive

Liquid cooling and rendering? Don't hear about that too often. Water cooling has a super slow thermal gradient. It doesn't quickly adjust to temp spikes, but slowly, as it's a radiator that circulates water that must be cooled. My school lost a whole render system to water cooling because it couldn't keep up during the summer and ambient temps plus workloads.

Though with 4 of them, it's possible you don't even see high loads unless deliberate.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Error 135 ?
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 04:52:18 PM »
Otherwise, I have a rather barbaric method. I deleted the temporary render names.
And then, I saved the file and after, I went into the preferences, and load the file I created in startup.
And, that's working now.

But in fact I have this problem for some file link path that must not appeal to terragen, it started from the last two versions of terragen and I find it weird that it works more...

But as you told me Oshyan, it must be my windows must be in French language, yet before it worked well ...

Sinon, j'ai fais une méthode assez barbare. J'ai supprimé les noms de render temporaire. Et ensuite, j'ai sauvegardé le fichier et après je suis allé dans les préférences, et charger le fichier que j'ai crée dans startup. Et, ça à l'aire de fonctionner maintenant.

Mais en faites j'ai ce problème pour certains chemin de lien de fichier qui doit pas plaire à terragen, ça à commencer depuis les deux dernières versions de terragen et je trouve cela bizarre que ça fonctionne plus...

Mais comme tu m'as dit Oshyan, ca doit être mon windows qui doit être en langage français, pourtant avant ça marchait bien...

Is your username on Windows contain accents? Just be sure no special characters are used with TG files you save and related folders, as well as your system username.

No, aucun accents sur mes fichiers.

No, no accents on my files.

Hmm there is no reason that the installation program would not find the desktop, as the path should be all plain English accept your username.

I would suggest running "chkdsk C: /r" in admin command prompt, followed by "sfc /scannow". If that doesn't solve the issue you may need to backup and reformat your PC. This will first make sure the file system is not damaged, and all sectors OK, followed by scanning system files for broken/corrupted files and replacing them.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Error 135 ?
« Last post by bla bla 2 on Today at 04:45:32 PM »
Otherwise, I have a rather barbaric method. I deleted the temporary render names.
And then, I saved the file and after, I went into the preferences, and load the file I created in startup.
And, that's working now.

But in fact I have this problem for some file link path that must not appeal to terragen, it started from the last two versions of terragen and I find it weird that it works more...

But as you told me Oshyan, it must be my windows must be in French language, yet before it worked well ...

Sinon, j'ai fais une méthode assez barbare. J'ai supprimé les noms de render temporaire. Et ensuite, j'ai sauvegardé le fichier et après je suis allé dans les préférences, et charger le fichier que j'ai crée dans startup. Et, ça à l'aire de fonctionner maintenant.

Mais en faites j'ai ce problème pour certains chemin de lien de fichier qui doit pas plaire à terragen, ça à commencer depuis les deux dernières versions de terragen et je trouve cela bizarre que ça fonctionne plus...

Mais comme tu m'as dit Oshyan, ca doit être mon windows qui doit être en langage français, pourtant avant ça marchait bien...

Is your username on Windows contain accents? Just be sure no special characters are used with TG files you save and related folders, as well as your system username.

No, aucun accents sur mes fichiers.

No, no accents on my files.
Image Sharing / Re: testing some new larches
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 04:40:59 PM »
Would really love to see more seasoned version of these trees people make. Like spring versions with newgrowth tips, summer with green pinecones, fall with spent pinecones, etc.  Really want to get some models, but they don't represent the ideas I have in mind and are more generic.
Terragen Discussion / Re: VDB workflow testing
« Last post by pokoy on Today at 04:14:05 PM »
Great result! Yeah that emitter thing was the only way to get something usable in Arnold for me, too. In Corona I could set up a realistic density/absorption combo but still, TG looks better. It's close to impossible to get any details, it all looks very fluffy most of the time with Arnold/Corona.
« Last post by paq on Today at 04:10:05 PM »
Also, after playing with the VDB trying to get a decent cloud look, I have to say that TG renders clouds way better than anything I've seen from Arnold and Corona so far. Way more realistic and surprisingly not much slower, even faster with higher GI bounces. Well done ;)

Yop, Terragen clouds looks amazing, and I really hope I will lean some tricks in this topic to enhance the result in Clarisse ... (I think Clarisse and Arnold are pretty close)

82888-0
Here's a test using the density channel as emitter (thanks to Démian from Isotropix). It's allready better than the default smoke look I had, but clouds are now self emitter :(

@Matt isn't any other possible data that you could generate in the .vdb that "we' could use to enhance the lack of inside scattering in our test ?

Quoting a reply from mdkay (Clarisse forum)

how does the shader (sic) fake the extra lightboost..

The volume shader in clarisse can mimic these phenomena with the scatter value for forward or backward transmission. But that value is static through the entire medium unless a property is provided to multiply it with.
Something like a SDF value which gives a value how close a point is to the surface of the vdb ...
Something Matt sure can add..otherwise a run with Houdini would help as well.

But in the other hand, I couldn't resist to render  the VDB in a 'real' scenario, and for a 5Mb file, it's not that bad at all  8) ...

82890-1
« Last post by pokoy on Today at 04:06:17 PM »
The VDB and grid both came in at 100m on import, so I had to scale them to 10km. I'll remove the scaling to see what difference that might make. Good thought, thanks.

My understanding is that there were some significant changes between Arnold 4 and 5. Many of the shaders were also updated. So maybe that's making a difference, too.

Just had a look, I'm on 5.0.2.4 too, there's a new plugin/bridge version but I doubt it will make a difference. Will update and repeat the test, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10