Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Visit to Cloud Library
« Last post by Danny on February 22, 2018, 11:53:50 PM »
The crackling clouds remind me of TG Classic. There were some guys years ago that had that crackle really down working in full scenes. Keep on this
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Cliff WIP
« Last post by Danny on February 22, 2018, 11:46:36 PM »
Clouds, veg and a high res render....

You mean finish the render Mick  ;) Lacking time right now. I hope to get something more finalized, Or perhaps I will play this close to the vest until 04/10
Out of curiosity, why do you want to point your spherical camera up?  Normally when rendering Spherical, you only want to rotate your camera around the Y axis (leaving the Y value at 0 in other words).  If you tilt up or down you get distortion or wavy lines.

Although those results do look strange.  Not the typical wavy distortion I'm used to seeing...
I have been rendering a lot of 360 cloud scenes (SkyBox) as 32-bit EXR with an extra output Alpha image as EXR as well, and am going to be using Natron for compositing. 

I already figured out how to turn off atmosphere to get a good alpha mask render, but I am still wondering about tone mapping settings.  I assume I need to alter those to comply with a linear workflow.

For example, do I put the gamma slider to 1.0 (default seems to be 2.2)?  What about the "Contrast" option, and "Soft clip effect"?

Is there anything else I need to know for linear workflow out of Terragen?

Also, if it's ok for me to ask here, does anyone know how to set up a Terragen rendered Alpha (32-bit EXR) into a workable Mask in Natron?  Somehow I need to combine the RGB channels of my alpha render and shove the result into the A.Color channel to be able to use in as a mask in the Merge Node. 

Thanks for any help,

-Derek
Image Sharing / Re: Orakum
« Last post by luvsmuzik on February 22, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »
Verrrry good. So realistic I could not get my arrow to navigate closer in image 2.  That point of view really draws the eye for sure! Excellent terrain!
Open Discussion / Re: Trunk sketching
« Last post by Upon Infinity on February 22, 2018, 09:17:19 PM »
3D Coat.  It's pretty good, but the UI is a little hard to get the hang of.
Open Discussion / Re: Trunk sketching
« Last post by mhaze on February 22, 2018, 09:03:06 PM »
What program are you using?
Image Sharing / Re: Orakum
« Last post by Dragonfire on February 22, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
the long way to Orakum

Terragen 4, Blender
Open Discussion / Re: Gaea, Early Access February 22
« Last post by mhaze on February 22, 2018, 07:33:25 PM »
Cheers, sjefen, problem solved.  Can't paint anything though - assume that's to come.
Image Sharing / Re: Sun lit pond
« Last post by bobbystahr on February 22, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »
Oooo! very nice indeed - one of your best!

Thank you, as always I heeded good advice and it arrived here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10