Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
File Sharing / Re: WASasquatch's Terragen Flames / Campfire
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 05:25:43 AM »
It's a good setup, and gives nice flames. But you really need a huge amount of voxels/quality/AA to get grainless results on such a small scale, and thus is slow (breakpoint for me). Maybe doing a crop and a total without fire combined would be faster.

Considering people talking about render times upwards 8+ hours, I honestly don't see how 1h 20m on a minimum spec system is really that long. Most my usual renders themselves take 8+ hours, so that added hour for a small flame area doesn't seem like much of a impact (especially when you add post work, or making flames elsewhere, and apparently the issues in setting up cards). Also I assume in a regular scene a small campfire won't be a focal point unless a scene like your neanderthals, which is a really cool angle.

And as I said though, my settings are mainly to get by the limitation in AA, meaning with AA alone, considering it's exponential denoising, can probably due the trick with lower settings.
Image Sharing / Re: Mountains w.i.p.
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:08:00 AM »
As a whole it looks really great, but I share your feeling about the struggle; I think you have too much translucency in the main foliage, which is kind of blurring the canopies together. It shows especially in shadowy areas. Did you try less translucency (only 0.2 or so) and setting opacity of the leaves to 0.6 or so? That won't darken the shadows as much as opacity of 1.
Terragen Discussion / Re: gradual transparency method
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:01:06 AM »
Thanks for your input, WAS, but as said in your sharing post; I won't be using your specific setup due to its demand for rendertime. And also because I won't use stuff that's restricting me; a lot of my work is not just for private means. So I prefer my own devices. But the setup is nicely done, and gives very believable flames. I too look forward to what people do with it.
« Last post by Dune on Today at 04:50:04 AM »
It's a good setup, and gives nice flames. But you really need a huge amount of voxels/quality/AA to get grainless results on such a small scale, and thus is slow (breakpoint for me). Maybe doing a crop and a total without fire combined would be faster.
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 03:49:39 AM »
Thanks Kadri.

Was doing some testing and it seems you can omit the depth modulator for little softer edges.
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 02:19:44 AM »

The flame looks good. Thanks for sharing.
Terragen Discussion / Re: "Warping" tab
« Last post by Mid-Knight Acchan on Today at 12:19:42 AM »
Oh, Oshyan, thank you.
Finally, I understood the function.
It is fun to simulate and trial-and-error, but simulation with understanding of the function is more enjoyable.
« Last post by WASasquatch on June 23, 2018, 11:51:22 PM »
Thank you!
This is a great share. Not that it would ever happen for me personally, but commercial gain means "profit/pay for goods or service". not to include an award as a prize for an entry in competition? As if one would include this or any other w/o permission or citation?

BTW, have you applied for the educational version of TG. (A  reliable unit might be first though, if you are still struggling) Life is such fun. :(

Thank you, it's much appreciated. And yes, you are correct, an award would not be commercial gain. Or even donations from a website/portfolio where it is featured. The reason I'm adding this on my more "quality" items is because I have lost "credit" for things I have done in the past, including a PHP framework that imo, and it's current use, was revolutionary.

I have not looked into educational version. It was my understanding the educational use licenses were granted to educational establishments themselves, though I may be wrong. Though it's not like I wouldn't love to be able to use all TG has to offer and discover new techniques for everyone. And as a note my current computer, while not what you'd want is probably well within TG minimum spec with 8GB RAM, and soon, a new CPU, though the current does well enough. 1h 20m on this I think would have been 3+ hours on that intel stick. I also don't really use objects, as I don't have money for ones I think actually look good, so don't really suffer to objects. I also allow TG to cache to a USB stick which so far apparently saves from crashes other people would have during RAM peaks. The Oasis peaked at 10gb RAM, and would have most certainly crashed without ReadyBoost.
« Last post by luvsmuzik on June 23, 2018, 11:41:46 PM »
Thank you!
This is a great share. Not that it would ever happen for me personally, but commercial gain means "profit/pay for goods or service". not to include an award as a prize for an entry in competition? As if one would include this or any other w/o permission or citation?

BTW, have you applied for the educational version of TG. (A  reliable unit might be first though, if you are still struggling) Life is such fun. :(
Terragen Discussion / Re: gradual transparency method
« Last post by WASasquatch on June 23, 2018, 10:56:04 PM »
Alright I uploaded an example flames, and Dune, there are several edits to this setup that may improve look for your final scenes, especially in Flame colouring, which uses a new method for realism.

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24664.msg250711.html#msg250711
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10