Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Terragen Animation / Re: Water test
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 01:51:35 AM »
This ocean was not created by me, but I did get it to animate. 4 octaves  of voronoi displacement. I moved this on the x axis 0-50 for 50 frames, then 50-0 another 50 frames with the transform input. I increased and decreased the water shader roughness at the same rate.
This is two sets of the 100 frames. Render quality is low resolution for testing.
Terragen Support / Re: GIC gathering
« Last post by jwiede on Today at 01:46:52 AM »
File sequences of any kind are not supported by the Gather function at this point. It's something we'll need to add in the future.

I think you're kind of missing the point in this case:  The real problem isn't that the file sequence isn't being gathered.  The real problem is that there's no way to tell the gather process to just point the (newly-produced) "gathered scene" to a cited path, rather than have it attempt to gather the single file referenced by that path. 

Put another way, it's about telling the gather process whether to gather or just keep as a path reference.  There are many cases where if you've got shared content stored on network shares or such, you might prefer to keep those as "common" path references rather than gathering them (read as: duplicating them) into the package.

That the gather mechanism can't gather file sequences is secondary.  Even if it could, the user already has the file sequence on a network share, so wouldn't necessarily want it to be gathered.  It's about allowing the user to decide what gets gathered and what gets referenced on a finer-grain level than just by-scene.  Esp. in group work environments, having the ability to gather scenes while retaining shared content references (instead of copying them) is quite useful. 

Another case where gathering is often undesirable involves certain types of easily-regenerable cache data:  In many cases, it is often more efficient to have the recipient regenerate the cache data on their end, rather than for the sender to package and transport large quantities of cache data.  Having the ability to tell the gather mechanism to just reference the path rather than gather the file(s) in such cases can help minimize distribution archive sizes.
Thanks Matt.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Command line option for color bit depth and image resolution?
« Last post by Matt on August 17, 2018, 11:44:03 PM »
When rendering from the command line, the bit depth is specified in the render node parameter “tiff_bit_depth”. If I recall correctly, a value of 0 means 8 bit and 1 means 16 bit, but you can verify this by saving a file with different settings from the GUI (they’re on the Sequence/Ouput tab).

Preferences have no effect on command line renders, at least in current versions.
Good stuff, a lot of 'not well off' free users and 'pensioners' can now afford an interesting learning experience.
Thanks Bobby - would be good to see you there!
Terragen Support / Re: WIKI - cloud reference page broken
« Last post by WASasquatch on August 17, 2018, 09:58:22 PM »
Hmm, strange. We'll look into it but don't have an immediate solution.

- Oshyan

Yeah it's apparently a suppressed error and need a slight edit to LocalSetting.php to reveal more information.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Ubwjut01ixp3hcqd
Terragen Discussion / Re: Is there ever going to be documentation for Terragen?
« Last post by D.A. Bentley on August 17, 2018, 09:31:07 PM »
Actually I did find one "?" Button that is broken (at least for me).  It's the Cloud Layer v2 Shader "?" that seems to be broken.

Can someone else try going here and test the link?
https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Cloud_Layer_v2

This is what I get:

Derek
Terragen Animation / Re: Another ocean
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 17, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »
Wow. I keep forgetting this section exists...most impressive Hannes
Terragen Discussion / Re: GI artifacts
« Last post by Dune on August 17, 2018, 05:16:32 PM »
As long as they don't overlap and are opacity masked, rendering should go faster.
Image Sharing / Re: Whale Beach
« Last post by WASasquatch on August 17, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
Wicked rock formations. That's really cool. Definitely can say you nailed the separate and distinct terrain types. Great work on this for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10