Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ha, I somehow missed it out... it was buried.

That explains a lot.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Vector Control
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:11:55 AM »
An X or Z value has overhanging data by itself if other than zero, I'd say. But maybe I don't understand your question. I see it as a machine. If you want to alter one part, you have to take it apart, change your stuff and assemble again. Can't change without taking apart.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Clouds following terrain revisited
« Last post by N-drju on Today at 06:06:26 AM »
Hm, that's interesting. Would you mind sharing it? If you found an easier method, many of us would greatly appreciate.

Okay, I see. Cloud depth was the main issue in my case so I thought you might want to reconsider. Cloud depth modifier and cloud alt. offset modifier also play a key role.

Are you sure you applied and converted a correct image file for displacement mapping? It has to be exactly where you want your clouds to follow terrain. This is one more element where something might go wrong.

Surface layer cannot control height or depth of a cloud... The shape of edges, yes, but not anything else. I can't envisage how you could have used it...?
Open Discussion / Re: David Lesperance, Digital Environment Design
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:00:27 AM »
Interesting. Thanks Danny.
I f### did indeed. :P There's not a single word about why does it happen. Lots of conversion tutorials but only about intentional conversions...
Open Discussion / Re: Photoshop - grayscale colors as INDEX not PERCENTAGE
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:48:10 AM »
Have you searched the web for answers to that F... question?
Open Discussion / Re: hard shadows
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:46:00 AM »
I was just thinking about more (maybe even generic) bumpmaps to give these guys some bumps and bruises allover. It's not too hard to subdivide the whole model one or two times more and add real displacement here and there, but I also want to keep polys as low as possible. Probably the face is the most important to get more character in, as these are 'just' DAZ genesis people with a homemade neanderthalmorph applied.
Funny, I shortened their arms for the first morph, but then the fingers bent in awkward ways. Rigging is still beyond me.
Well, I've been asked by some guys to check custom terrain importation feature for a game they work on. The thing is this topo feature, for some reason, currently works only with 8-bit .bmp images. When I checked RGB-formatted files or .pngs, the terrain representation was indeed flawed.

It's no biggie, because the anticipated terrain size is small. So you can probably produce a terrain in one go, with a coffee break in between.

It's not the game's problem however! It's the problem of Photoshop and automatic conversion of GS image to indexed format!

In PS, you can freely edit grayscale images. BUT once it gets converted to index after save, you can't use filters, smudge, sponge or sharpen tools. FOR WHAT F### REASON may I ask?!
Open Discussion / Re: Chinese Lunar Images
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:41:12 AM »
Maybe they have a desert where they take these photo's  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything