Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
great stuff!

I am a bit slow from concept as some know here, I would like to look at it, I have to register and how?
Image Sharing / Re: Safari
« Last post by the first seer on Today at 03:14:06 PM »
So wonderful my friend, looks great!
Terragen Discussion / Re: Cloud Days and Terragen Sun
« Last post by the first seer on Today at 02:58:18 PM »
Think of it in terms of a camera.
On cloudy days you would have to turn use a wider aperture and/or longer exposure.
Whilst aperture can be controlled it only effects DOF so we have to use exposure instead.
This can be modified via either the camera node or the vertical slider to the left of the preview window.
Works in PBR mode but you'll get a more accurate result in normal preview mode.
Good luck :)

Hmm well it should work ... I have just done some tests and I'm getting some weird bright fringingat surface boundaries (land>sky, object>sky)
Verry odd.

Yeah It works :)
I had pushed the background colour up to a light grey

Why is this crossed out and what about grey, this really works?
Terragen Discussion / Re: smooth filter issue
« Last post by Tangled-Universe on Today at 02:05:02 PM »
Is the "obey downstream smoothing filters" tickbox enabled?

Could you isolate the 2 PF's and the surface layer (with the smoothing shader in between) and post it as a tgc here?
(You can also just copy/paste straight as text here which makes it fast and easy to have a direct look with downloading and searching/opening the clip file.)
Congratulations Hannes! :)
Great integration of your great (and indeed dramatic!) work into the final footage. Well done!

Great to hear there will be a breakdown! Looking forward to that.

Reading here it seems Hannes only asked thus far, but hasn't heard anything yet afaik?
Terragen Discussion / Re: Terragen used in a commercial again...
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 01:49:19 PM »
BIG CONGRATS on this! Futuristic landscape very cool! :)
Image Sharing / Re: 15 miles on the Erie Canal
« Last post by sboerner on Today at 01:34:52 PM »
May I make a few more suggestions; dirty up the poles, especially the lower end, where they sink into ground. Rain splattered dirt/mud againts them and such. Same goes for the buildings at front. If the poles are a pop, it's easy, if it's all individual it's more work, if it's one object, well easy too.
And I would give the plant objects alongside the road just a tiny tilt of 3 or so. They have some kind of evenness to them (but this is really nitpicking).
And perhaps roughen up the stretched lines on the dirtroad a bit more, some bigger, some smaller?
And a last thing (sorry); give the waves a bit more variation, like wind patches. They seem very even.

These are all great suggestions, thank you. I've added them to my running list of things to fix. I also want to fix the diffuse shader on the railroad ties it repeats and creates a pattern when the ties are foreshortened. Add flashing and soot stains to the post office chimney. And dirty up the interurban car's windows they are far too clean. Detail work like this is easy and kind of fun, and the cumulative effect makes a huge difference.

I've run into a snag with the print resolution test strip. The renderer was chugging right along but hit a small area about 75 percent of the way through that stopped it dead in its tracks. I need to investigate the surface shaders of that area to see what's holding things up.

Image Sharing / Re: 15 miles on the Erie Canal
« Last post by sboerner on Today at 01:25:04 PM »
Truly amazing!! The lighting looks so beautiful. It's quite difficult when the sun is more or less behind the camera, but you did a great job here. And the details are fantastic!

Thank you, Hannes. The light has been a challenge from the start, because I want to use a legitimate angle. (It would be much easier if I could just put the sun wherever I liked.) The time frame is very narrow, early fall between 1914 and 1917. At the moment the angle is set for 6:45 a.m., September 24, 1915. The light seems a bit harsh to me now, but there will be scattered cloud cover that should soften it.
Terragen Discussion / smooth filter issue
« Last post by Dune on Today at 12:18:06 PM »
If I have a PF and I want a smoother version to be displaced, I obviously chose to add a smoothing filter. But it doesn't work, not even with a very small 'filter', or even disabled. Only after removing the filter, does the ground displace. What am I missing?
Still using 7 64bit. When I bought this machine I had the choice between Win 7 or 8. So I decided 7. Whenever I will buy a new computer, I'll see what's available. At the moment I'm quite happy with Win 7.

I agree with my friend!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything