Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Sun lit pond
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 06:06:52 AM »
Great; one of your best!

Thanks man, it's guys like you, Ricard, hannes et al that make it possible with stellar advice.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Dune's cliff
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:03:49 AM »
So do I; the mist was an experiment with shadows from objects, but it didn't come out as I hoped it would. But just took a few hours more. The lights are the illuminated glass parts of a lantern, but I tried some glow around them by adding a pop of invisible rocks, same seed as the lanterns with luminance of 6 or so. It's bareley visible and kind of tricky to get right.
Btw. the road system is available at NWDA, so anybody can do this in principle.
I like this concept too, but have to work on the rock. And I might need to get closer to that bridge, or you won't recognize that guy waving...
Image Sharing / Re: Sun lit pond
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:57:14 AM »
Great; one of your best!
Terragen Discussion / Re: Hpw to open an OBJ mtl file
« Last post by Mid-Knight Acchan on Today at 05:34:14 AM »
https://www65.atwiki.jp/terragen/pages/97.html

I'm glad if you can use it as a reference.
However, the explanation is Japanese ;)
Image Sharing / Re: Sun lit pond*UP DATE*
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 05:33:53 AM »
Well I think after tweaking all afternoon that this is likely as good as I can get this.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Artice WIP
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 03:03:08 AM »
Very cool...a whole mess o Blue Nodes right?
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Gannaingh's Cliff WIP
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 02:59:30 AM »
Even with (free) Poseray you could double the poly count on that trunk. Even if you need to split the trunk and leaves first to 2 objects (then double the trunk), then recombine again (just open both at the same time and give a new name). Lots you can do with PR.

Additionally or instead you can displace the split off trunk which also adds polys, with it's bump map. I've had some success doing that to make beach logs.
« Last post by Jo Kariboo on Today at 12:55:58 AM »
Not easy to achieve and also a very beautiful picture. I much prefer the light of the last one!  :)
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Artice WIP
« Last post by Jo Kariboo on Today at 12:54:36 AM »
Very nice deplacement!  :)
« Last post by AndyWelder on February 21, 2018, 09:58:14 PM »
This is the kind of render that rubs my nose through the fact that I have way too little understanding of TG. I envy your skills, Ulco and I'm in awe... Such a poetic scene...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10