Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Image Sharing / Re: Magic Mountain
« Last post by zaxxon on January 15, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »
Good one Danny. Lots of light and rich colors. Damn, those are some large mushrooms! Perhaps some 'Magic' in them?  ;)
Image Sharing / Magic Mountain
« Last post by Danny on January 15, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
v4, Speedtree & megascans. A bit sloppy in some areas, but Havin fun tinkering with cliff displacements for the challenge.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: AndyWelder WIP's
« Last post by Kadri on January 15, 2018, 03:13:48 PM »

Nice WIP. I like the general composition too.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Richard Fraser Cliff Challenge WIP
« Last post by Kadri on January 15, 2018, 03:12:07 PM »

Nice rocks. Looks very promising.
« Last post by Dune on January 15, 2018, 02:57:52 PM »
"Foutje, bedankt"  :P
« Last post by cyphyr on January 15, 2018, 01:34:07 PM »
Thankyou :)

But in the race to get good sharp angles you've got too many artifacts, not only at the bottom, but at sides of cliff too.. The rest is well done, shapes is very promising  ::) ;) ;) Guys you're so talented and amazing  ;) :-X

Yes I agree.
And it will probably get worse before it gets better. Once the cliffs are put in a scene with more landscape, rolling hills etc they will no longer be an isolated entity. The displacements of the rest of the scene will have an impact on the cliffs too (unless I can isolate them).
« Last post by AndyWelder on January 15, 2018, 01:30:49 PM »
The "New Islands" project is on the IC right now, looks like it received a possibly fatal load of buckshot right in its center...  :o78299-0
I don't know what happened, officer! We were chillin', kinda celebrating the first full sized render of the new setup... And then suddenly, bang, we saw how that dude in the middle exploded!! All the PF's... Just exploded! Weird, man... No, officer, the first partial render at the same size and detail level looked OK, everything smooth. No, like I said, I have no clue...*distant sirens getting more distant*
Off to the IC, looks like there's some work to be done... "Scalpel, please!"
Image Sharing / Re: Some new WIP's
« Last post by Kadri on January 15, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »

Nice :)
« Last post by Artice-3d on January 15, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
Mmm... It's really, really good.. Best picture and technique in this challenge so far  :o 8) ;) ;D
------------------------------

But in the race to get good sharp angles you've got too many artifacts, not only at the bottom, but at sides of cliff too.. The rest is well done, shapes is very promising  ::) ;) ;) Guys you're so talented and amazing  ;) :-X
Terragen Discussion / Re: Ray marching / "True sky" clouds
« Last post by KirillK on January 15, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »
  TG clouds definitely could look way more realistic for a certain specific frame or POV.  Still in general, from a ground based POV,  they often looks too surreal  and needs a lot of manual masking and re-compositing to hide it.   I bet that surreal impression is a kind of opposite side of  trying to give more variable cloud shape and nature than what Truesky and such do.

An ability to have a true real-time visual feedback is a key thing  imo since sometimes I see almost perfect clouds in preview window but after the final render  they turn surreal again.

Real time feedback is what makes Substance Designer so great for procedural textures, for example  and why people do so realistic materials there over other similar cpu limited softs which in fact may have better and more flexible options.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]