Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Image Sharing / Re: Swimmin' Hole
« Last post by J_Con on November 18, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »
Lovely work. I prefer the second image. More diversity in the foliage. The bloom is a nice effect.Cool.
Image Sharing / Re: New Old project
« Last post by J_Con on November 18, 2017, 09:19:55 PM »
Yeah, the general terrain looks great and the fog has a nice effect. The Green of the trees could perhaps do with some translucency and reflection? Perhaps also a slightly different composition perspective ? From low down looking up through the pines maybe? There is a lot of depth in the background. Nice job.
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion in use
« Last post by bobbystahr on November 18, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »
What Danny said...plus a Wow from me.
Image Sharing / Re: Not Terragen Rock
« Last post by bobbystahr on November 18, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »
One thing I always think about with these programs is, as nice as the procedurals they produce are in the final process they are image maps in Terragen, and unless they have very high resolution and accompanying file size ar nowhere near as useful as procedural....and this from a converted mainly maps user due to my colourblind range...
Image Sharing / Re: Cratered VII
« Last post by bobbystahr on November 18, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »
Wow, glad y posted that here as well. It's true awesomeness comes to light; speaking of which, love the near horizontal god rays man....brilliant.
Image Sharing / Re: Simply Marbleous
« Last post by bobbystahr on November 18, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
Yes its a texture not a perfect one so there is some repetition when flipped.

you can add a coloured correctly Power Fractal  as a child as a blender and mask it with another one which works not too bad. I, at the start, was totally dependant on image maps as I'm colourblind in critical areas so used textures from a colour grouped directory...now I post and accept colour correction when I'm wildly wrong about my PF colours as the resolution of procedural is the best...
File Sharing / Re: WWW Hoodoos, the file
« Last post by bobbystahr on November 18, 2017, 06:54:50 PM »
This is gonna be fun, thanks Andy.
« Last post by J_Con on November 18, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »
Really stunning work. The masking? of the sand is excellent.
« Last post by Danny on November 18, 2017, 06:50:43 PM »
Last one really hits the spot Ulco, The water is sooo perfect as well. Cheers
Image Sharing / Re: Lost in Hoodoos WWW
« Last post by J_Con on November 18, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »
Nice textures and Rock. The shadows on the left look lovely.The details in the fractals are stunning. I will look up the file you mentioned. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]