Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Antarctic landscape
« Last post by sboerner on Today at 02:50:45 PM »
Is it possible to feed the results of procedural displacements back into a heightfield shader? It would be nice to able to apply the erosion after most of the displacements, instead of between the heightfields and procedural sections of the network. I've tried a couple things but can't get it to work.
« Last post by sboerner on Today at 02:22:00 PM »
Thanks to all. Appreciate the feedback and ideas. Here is the result after the first shading pass. The rock face is looking OK but may benefit from finer detail (more octaves, roughness) in the shading nodes. The ice surface needs some work less contrast, more specular. Thinking about next steps . . . clouds, foreground objects. Would be nice to include something to suggest wind. I understand that it gets very windy there. (As well as very, very cold.)

77253-0

What you could also do is paint a heightmap in Photoshop in 16bits grey, as good as is possible form eying the area on photo's or google, or even onto a low level (reduced to 16bits) DEM. Then add some procedural extra displacements.

That would be a good workflow for a scene like this; might make it more authentic in that you could at least represent part of the original topography. I wonder if you could sculpt the basic mountain shapes in Maya, then export a heightmap that could be loaded into Terragen and finished. May have to try that some time.

Then erode. Daniil's erosion plugin has the benefit of maps.

Some day, perhaps. (I use a Mac.) Till then, I'm using the built-in Heightfield Erode node. I've learned to bake the results into an exported .ter file (as an erosion field) and merge them with an uneroded heightfield in the working file. The slider in the merge node can be used to fine tune the amount of erosion, and saves a lot of back and forth.

Image Sharing / Re: Cirrus sunrise
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 02:19:24 PM »
Thanks Hetzen! I tried that w/o the transform merge and voila! I got some very cool patterns that I want to try elsewhere, especially with a low scalar on the sin side. Psychedelic fractals!
WIP I will add some more vegetation to pick up the highlights.
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion in use
« Last post by zaxxon on Today at 01:23:58 PM »
The Zbrush wood experiment looks promising! The 'dirt", using the Erosion Shader is truly intriguing, hmmmm... As always Ulco, your 'explorations' inspire me to spend more time with TG!
Image Sharing / Re: Exploring II
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 12:43:35 PM »
I bet you could crochet nodes in your sleep! Very good! :)
Image Sharing / Re: More Columnar
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 12:37:59 PM »
And thank you both for continuing my education! (dusting off brain cells)  ;D
Image Sharing / Re: New Old project
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 12:28:14 PM »
I tried seperating them and got this? That is 7 individual objects now. I will continue adding bump maps etc.
I ended up with 7 total, due to leaf problems with the other one. My download has all the textures, but I had real problems adjusting specular and ambient even in Poseray.
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 12:18:07 PM »
Some neat stuff here.  :)
Some cool features of TG include making groups and notes in the node networks. For ease of navigation and often previewing other settings, you can also disable items in the height field string (or a complex object i.e.) while you tweak others.
Image Sharing / Re: Cratered VII
« Last post by mhaze on Today at 10:56:15 AM »
Ooo! nice, the moon with an atmosphere!
Image Sharing / Re: Exploring II
« Last post by mhaze on Today at 10:54:32 AM »
Great textures and a fun concept, nicely done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything