Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Ryan Archer's Canyon - Path Traced
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:27:13 AM »
Nice contrast. Veggies in shadows come out very nicely. But I wonder how your eye would perceive a scene like this. I think shadows are nice dark, but maybe not natural dark, if you get my point.
Image Sharing / Re: Still a Desert
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:24:07 AM »
Very nice. But I miss some shore wetness... or calcium deposit....
Image Sharing / Re: Still a Desert
« Last post by dorianvan on Today at 03:07:12 AM »
Great image and nice variety of foreground rocks. You might want to match the mountains and ground a little bit better.
Image Sharing / Still a Desert
« Last post by Rich2 on Today at 02:20:59 AM »
I did a few tweaks on what I've been toying with, and this time added a tad of moisture.  Just for a lark.
Image Sharing / Re: Ryan Archer's Canyon - Path Traced
« Last post by Rich2 on Today at 02:17:04 AM »
Nice to see you're having fun, and lovely to view!
Of course! Duh! I love my Disp to Scalar! Thanks a lot digitalguru, who knows how long until that dawned on me. >.<

I have just found out with some testing that this can be used rather reliably with high Noise Variation on a noise flavor like Voronoi Billows to create canyons, that are both floored, and ceiling-ed.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Masking / Limiting Terrain by Altitude w/ Fuzzy Zone?
« Last post by digitalguru on October 18, 2018, 11:00:54 PM »
is this what you mean?
85511-0

was playing with soft maximum / minimum a while ago and got this.

play with the "softness" node to round / harden the edges

Terragen Discussion / Masking / Limiting Terrain by Altitude w/ Fuzzy Zone?
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 18, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »
As the title suggests. How would one go about this? I tried get alt, surface layer with terrain as child with maximum alt, and with a surface layer as a mask with maximum alt and solid white colour. None of these even effect the terrain or cut if off at the desired altitude. I even tried offsetting by "crunching" the tops with a minimum alt but wasn't getting right results.

Been trying to make plateau type scenery using just PFs as the shapes provided are often very nice compared to warping/fractalizing a SSS imo, but can't grasp how to get my tops right, being mainly just flat, but some curve to the ledges.
Terragen Discussion / Re: DEM questions
« Last post by surrealdan on October 18, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »
that worked! thanks!
Image Sharing / Re: Mars Again
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 18, 2018, 08:28:45 PM »
Like this a lot man...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10