Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion in use
« Last post by Dune on Today at 04:16:56 PM »
 ;)
Actually I made some mistakes in the trunk. Did a rough and dirty job. I think one can achieve much more realistic effects.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Classic Erosion plugin
« Last post by cyphyr on Today at 04:02:23 PM »
Great work and thank you very much. Small nudge on the procedural development ... ;)
Terragen Discussion / Re: Classic Erosion plugin
« Last post by j meyer on Today at 03:48:07 PM »
Also build for Terragen 3 is available now.

Thank you very much indeed.
Image Sharing / Re: More Columnar
« Last post by j meyer on Today at 03:42:15 PM »
This last one is remarkable. The fading of the clouds into the blue is great.
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion in use
« Last post by j meyer on Today at 03:40:16 PM »
Cool new creatures, me likey.

Dead wood, especially the bark is nice. Always wanted to do some lying trunk piece
or so myself. So I would be in in case... ;)
Image Sharing / Re: Cratered VII
« Last post by cyphyr on Today at 03:33:00 PM »
Cool! I love craters. The biggest problem for me is the intersection of their rims. I could not solve this problem so far. The upper crater still leaves rims of the lower crater. Although it should have destroyed it and created an flat platform.

You're absolutely right and I've not solved the issue here. I've not been able to work out a way of deciding which of two overlapping craters destroys the other. It can't be uniform because then (for example) all mid sized craters would destroy the rims of large sized craters they overlap and that would not be right. Sometimes they would because the mid sized crater arrived later but sometimes a larger crater was the later arival and destroyed the rime of the mid sized crater. ANd of course it's actually much more complex with many different sized craters.
Terragen Discussion / Re: TG 4.1.11 file open failing
« Last post by sboerner on Today at 03:08:28 PM »
When a specific file from v4.0 is opened, the camera preview screen does not ever completely load (it does not show anything at all), and the application is basically hanging with a spinning cursor wheel. Up top, next to the Pause/ Reset/ RTP and subsequent icons, is the text "Aborting threads..."

I came across this thread while troubleshooting this error. This has been happening with one of my files, too.

So somehow, having both heightfields plugged into each other is causing the issue in TG4.1.11. Occasionally, TG will simply give the preview window message "Aborting threads" and hang. At other failed attempts, TG gave the error message "An unknown error occurred in trBucketRender::RenderMore() rasterized pass      floatn3" without completing the preview window (it remained gray).

Exactly. My file also contains two heightfield nodes. Each holds a 50MB .ter file. The file hangs roughly 9 out of 10 load attempts. When it does load the file, TG throws the "trBucketRender" error message, but I can work with it.

The two Heightfield shaders were connected in series, output to input, with the second connected to the Compute Terrain node. The problem disappeared when I connected both loaders to a Heightfield Merge, then to one Heightfield shader. File loads fine now.

The merge node is probably better in this case, but shouldn't either approach work?

The strange thing is, the first arrangement worked fine for a couple days. The file started hanging after I starting building out the shading network.

Running Terragen 4.1.14 on a Mac Pro, OS 10.11.6, 16GB with an ATI Radeon HD graphics card.
Image Sharing / Re: Cratered VII
« Last post by Denis Sirenko on Today at 03:07:23 PM »
Cool! I love craters. The biggest problem for me is the intersection of their rims. I could not solve this problem so far. The upper crater still leaves rims of the lower crater. Although it should have destroyed it and created an flat platform.
File Sharing / Re: New shadows
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 03:07:16 PM »
a bit late here but thanks as well
Terragen Discussion / Re: Terragen Multiplexor Node Request
« Last post by Ariel DK on Today at 02:54:22 PM »
This can be a stupid question: what is Multiplexor? :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything