Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: New challenge
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 05:04:00 PM »
I've also had a problem with TG forgetting camera setting and mixing shaders on me as well....maybe this is a TG thing as we're on 3 very different computers
« Last post by sboerner on Today at 03:36:51 PM »
Water looks much better but you're right that the boats need contact shadows they seem a little detached from the ground.

I agree with Doc I think the broken links are a memory or file-processing issue. I experienced the same thing (for the first time) when I was having painted shader troubles with my big project. The file also includes many populations. Too much data or something seems that Terragen sometimes loses its place when inserting new objects. The broken links all occurred inside internal networks.

Naming nodes is good practice, yes, but there should be no need to give every node a unique name. The application itself duplicates internal node names when you insert new render nodes and so forth.
« Last post by Dune on Today at 03:27:51 PM »
I don't know if it has to do with RAM (but your case may be extreme). I think it's just a naming problem; as soon as a node is introduced that has a similar name somewhere, links are broken. Sometimes internal links are even replaced by a link to the new (external, or somewhere else internal) node. I guess the only way to deal with this is to rename every new node used... EVERY ONE!
But the strange thing is that I do have nodes with similar names, but they are in different levels. So how in heavensname does a new external node change internal links somewhere?
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 03:03:39 PM »
a.) I like the new water in the front! Much better! :)

b.) Seems that I know this error too! I had it in my safari-tgc's and in others when getting into high recource usage (many fakestones-layers or many big populations) In my case I had especially this kind of error in lost links between populations and the relating object makers. Result were black populations :(   It looks a bit like a recource (RAM) dependent problem in my case. After reconnecting manually I didn't have the error... so far ...
« Last post by Dune on Today at 02:19:24 PM »
Update with the new soldiers, 'real' water, some fish, etc. But to my annoyance, a lot of shaders broke their links (presumably after inserting some sort of clip with same names). I only found out later, and repaired, but seem to have forgotten some (helmets mainly). I know the _1_1_1_1_1 wasn't the best, but this is frustrating too.
Anyway, still work to do, as I'd like deeper shadows under the boats. I guess path tracing would do that a lot better. 
Open Discussion / Rest In Peace Ken Musgrave (Doc Mojo)
« Last post by Danny on Today at 01:15:53 PM »
RIP to Doc Mojo himself, the man who was so instrumental in the development of CG landscape design (Mojoworld) We owe much to this guy. Again RIP Doc

http://www.kenmusgrave.com/index.html
Image Sharing / Re: New years wishes
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 01:01:41 PM »
Seasonal greetings to you and anyone reading this. 
Have a great time wherever you are.

Back at ya Jochen
Image Sharing / Re: Just another landscape
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 12:57:15 PM »
Yes, but think this is more what your eyes would perceive with such low sun. A little more haze  would also be good I think, to decrease the 'harshness' of the horizon clouds.

good thought...off to the chiro as it's Mon morning but will try that out when I return...
Open Discussion / Re: How hot can it get?
« Last post by archonforest on Today at 11:29:33 AM »
Perhaps just blow some air into the place where the air gets in so it cleans through the air channel.
Open Discussion / Re: How hot can it get?
« Last post by N-drju on Today at 09:48:46 AM »
Laptop CPU usually using less power than the Desktop version of the same model....thus I would say they should be cooler.

It doesn't quite work that way. Power usage is just a fraction of any temperature you get. It's largely a matter of physical composition. Laptops tend to be hotter than PCs, because all components inside, are very tightly and neatly packed and they are bound to experience higher temperatures (to which, in most part, they are accustomed to) because it is harder to release the heat.

Bottom line, while 75C would be heavy for a PC, it is a dream temperature for an under-stress lap top. 90C with a 15C distance to the maximum value is not too good. However, I can't see any telltale signs of overheating or thermal throttling and this is why I am undecided whether it is time for maintenance, or not. :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10