Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: The long way to Orakum II The standing guards
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 02:36:42 PM »
Green Material for Terragen 4.
Here I used the material of the first sphere, but as a plane surface not as a sphere
Terragen Discussion / Re: VDB workflow testing
« Last post by pokoy on Today at 01:10:50 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, Matt, this helps to understand the differences. I guess you are also querying the noise function for some visual non-physical shortcuts, that's probably why I couldn't get the small details to be as prominent as in TG's render with Corona.

Totally missed that forward scattering has been already mentioned in the post with results from Clarisse.
I will do a render with a direction coef of 0.99 (the range goes from -0.99 to 0.99 for this parameter in Corona) but from the tests I did I recall that the outer boundaries of the cloud would render too dark since light is not scattered towards the viewer unless you happen to look at the light source 'through' the cloud.
What's interesting is that the silver lining effect is nicely visible with values from 0.5 - 0.7. Since this gives realistic results for the silver lining I think that's the range this parameter has to be in. This also explains why TG features a separate sun glow section for clouds, it would be probably hard to control the silver lining in a realistic way if it was only one general density parameter and nothing else.

Also, in order to get the cloud to receive any light on the bottom in the thicker areas a lot of GI bounces are needed. I can go as far as 100 in Corona (or completely unbiased) but that will take really long. My tests were done with 25 bounces, anything below that just weren't enough. I wonder how many bounces TG does for light scattering within the cloud.

The transparency in Arnold - interesting to see the 'scientific' reasoning behind that value. I find the controls a bit too arbitrary though but will try to get something more usable. I guess it will be very noisy and slow since scattering bounces need to be increased a lot for clouds.
Image Sharing / Re: Grand Oasis WIP
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 12:37:45 PM »
Brilliant idea, very original thinking there...must try this myself...thanks for sharing the image and idea!
Image Sharing / Re: Neanderthals
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 12:34:18 PM »
Nicely posed Father and Child though..well done on that.
Image Sharing / Re: Mountains w.i.p.
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 12:14:49 PM »
Indeed and KUDOs to you Dune for that tip...
« Last post by Dune on Today at 11:18:08 AM »
Yes, that looks so much better!
« Last post by René on Today at 10:35:33 AM »
I have added an extra sun straight from above (soft shadows), as Dune suggested, and it seems to be paying off. I have also removed the fog that may have been part of the problem.
File Sharing / Re: WASasquatch's Terragen Flames / Campfire
« Last post by Dune on Today at 09:26:53 AM »
Just use world scale.
File Sharing / Re: WASasquatch's Terragen Flames / Campfire
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 05:37:21 AM »
... Then you might as well put in a bunch of cards and project the shaders onto them, which might work nicely, btw, and be a bit faster perhaps.

Not a bad idea really though in general, if it looks nice. I've never played with card pops and 2D projections yet, but I'd imagine it'd be able to "Slice" noise by position of the cards giving unique flames per card.
Open Discussion / Re: Morphing DAZ
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:18:47 AM »
After posing you mean? I do that too, but I wanted a 'out-of-the-box' Neanderthal to begin with. Saves time.
I think I know why it didn't work, though; the child is probably already a G1 morph, so I morphed on a morph, which doesn't work, afaik. For a Neanderthalchild I should probably make the whole child from a G1, including the bigger head.
But maybe (for the few more I still need) it's indeed better to do all in ZB.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything