Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I have noticed a difference in how TG4 looks when loading (file|new has to go through an initialization loading the default scene.)  The display seems to  "whiten" a bit longer, but I imagine the program needs to go through a lot of calculations to get to a point where the preview begins to display the loaded scene.  It will use all your CPU cores as set in preferences, so it could grab a lot of resources if your settings use all cores.

My system has 8 cores/16 thread so in the image below shows all 16 threads getting a 50% to 75% load when doing a File|New (right side of each thread display.)  I'm sure Matt can explain this better than my guesses.

Image Sharing / Re: Rocktest
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 05:40:37 PM »

Nice.
I like especially the composition, lighting of the last one Ulco.
Image Sharing / Re: Mud Boss
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 05:38:39 PM »

Interesting :)
Image Sharing / Re: Field in dunes
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 05:36:52 PM »

Don't know what you can add but i like it already.
Have you tried different sun angles? Could bring a different look. But i like the lighting as it is now actually.
Image Sharing / Re: Nebulae
« Last post by Stormlord on Today at 04:32:00 PM »
I really love it !

STORMLORD
Image Sharing / Re: Nebulae
« Last post by Denis Sirenko on Today at 03:54:46 PM »
How do you make these faint small tiny details (the black dust structures) in your picture "Hulakara-Minkares nebula" ? I can't figure that out..., how do you make them? Do you render them in Terragen (so is it just a question of settings) or do you stamp them later on into the rendering via Photoshop? Hmmmhhh....

You guessed it, I make them a separate pass in Terragen, then I impose either the nebula itself or its alpha channel. It is also not bad to create a weak light nebula between the main nebula and the dark nebula. It creates a good air perspective for the main nebula and complicates the structure and appearance. A weak light nebula you can also render separately. I could do all this in one *.tgd scene, but I'm afraid that my computer will just explode. And since I know the photoshop there's just no point in this.

Unfortunately, I do not have time to study everything you wrote today. But I see that very interesting information. As soon as I can, I'll study. Thank you very much!
« Last post by zaxxon on Today at 02:51:48 PM »
I'm always amazed at your skill with TG, really amazed! The third one is sublime and sets a wonderful mood, and the ruins add mysterious shapes and endless back stories.
Image Sharing / Re: Spherical WIP_HELP
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 02:46:40 PM »
Or maybe this is just not a good image for a Spherical render. Will do a normal one later as well...off to the chiro now....over n out.
Image Sharing / Re: Spherical WIP_HELP
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 02:45:15 PM »
Yes, it looks good afaik. I always render at very low specs and size to see what is where and such. Camera should be pretty close to the most important assets.

Will continue with this; it's the 2 trunks and the fauna(Magpie, Chipmunk and Mouse[in the log]) surrounding/on them...guess I gotta have the camera close in on them...will try a new setup as this one was most unsatisfactory.
« Last post by Dune on Today at 02:22:24 PM »
Ah, good that you mention the ruin; I should have told you that it's an extracted and modded part of Dorian's ruined Egyptian city (so thanks Dorian, I hope you're okay with this).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything