Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Halloween
« Last post by masonspappy on Today at 06:06:22 PM »
I'm kinda partial to the guy sitting on the tombstone
Open Discussion / Fantastic cloud timelapse video
« Last post by FlynnAD on Today at 04:47:25 PM »
Watch 30 days at sea in a shipping vessel.

Amazing cloud formations. If you want reference material, this is it.

Anyone want to try making this in CG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHrCI9eSJGQ
Open Discussion / Fantastic Icelandic video
« Last post by Kevin F on Today at 04:32:38 PM »
Image Sharing / Re: Halloween
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 04:31:59 PM »
 :) :) :)
Image Sharing / Halloween
« Last post by jaf on Today at 04:28:41 PM »
That time of the year again.  Some Lightwave models and lot's of leaves.
Terragen is certainly used in the film industry and not just for skies. Take a look at Planetsides website for a stack of examples. Often however it is hard to see the Terragen elements in any given shot simply because they are layered together with so many other elements. Terragen then becomes an integral part of the compositing process. I know MPC used Terragen (I worked there over the Summer in Quebec) on Mountain Between Us and Murder on the Orient Express and I believe it was also used in the latest Pirates of the Caribbean.

Terragen comes into its element in the compositing process so therefore if the department using it is not that skilled at compositing then they may find it challenging.

The Render Layers node allows the output of 27 layers of image raster imagery from surface RGB, cloud RGB, Atmo Alpha, Depth and surface normal. this allows an enormous level of control over the final image and blending other externally created elements. Terragen can also export sections of terrain allowing accurate placement of objects rendered in other packages.

EDIT: just saw you were also interested in Game Dev. I think (again my experience only) Terragen is used much more "out of the box" for making environment cubes/spheres. I have been involved in two projects where we used "sky cubes" one for Serious Sam and one for Leap Motion. Both used the environments pretty much as they were created without any modification.

Hope this helps

ps I should say this is my experience, other peoples millage may vary :)
Terragen Discussion / Re: DSM, DTM, DEM's
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 03:31:18 PM »
Interesting thread. Searched for Harris and found a couple of "terragen format' free samples there...cool. they download in the zip as .ter files.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Smoothing filter?
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 02:48:44 PM »
yup, that would be very handy...using that filter a fair bit lately
Image Sharing / Re: Coastal Reef
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 01:16:02 PM »
This is a beautiful render. I hope those hurricanes are done done and done!  :)
Image Sharing / Re: Jack O'
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 01:12:35 PM »
Used Hanne's meat tgc from Materials Library on the harvested heart.  :) Still a WIP

Tereze of xoio with Blender cloth skirt, is waiting not very patiently for her skin has turned blue..... :)
masonspappy grass object from file sharing.
My ground clutter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything