Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Est-Reel ?
« Last post by Hannes on Today at 09:41:29 AM »
GI is "Global illumination". Better try to render your images with the default settings first. You can change things afterwards if necessary.
And don't try to use insane values for things if you don't know what they are. That won't work in most cases.
Image Sharing / Re: Est-Reel ?
« Last post by bla bla 2 on Today at 08:58:34 AM »
Well I'm a bit late but agreed on the over exposure but that seems solved. Did you lower the GI from 10? That seemed un necessarily high.

Eh bien, je suis un peu en retard, mais d'accord sur la surexposition, mais cela semble résolu. Avez-vous abaissé le GI de 10? Cela semblait nécessairement élevé.

Yet the GI is to 1. What is the GI ?

Pourtant le GI est sur 1. C'est quoi le GI ?

Strength in atmosphere 10???? Why?? That's indeed much too much. The latest one looks way better, but I think still a bit overexposed. If you want to make the scene a tad brighter try playing with "strength on surfaces", but in my opinion not more than 1.5 or a maximum of 2.

The sky from terragen not are nknow réel.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Classic Erosion plugin
« Last post by blinkfrog on Today at 07:07:17 AM »
I've been having a issue where if I render without eroding Terragen will crash as soon as the "Erosion Progress" starts.
Thank you for the report. I actually have fixed this bug recently and am fixing another bug at this moment. As soon I'll fix it I'll upload new version.

Daniil
Terragen Discussion / Re: Rotating Alpines
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 05:56:08 AM »
Yes they are at 0,0,0.
It's all down to the discrepancy between XYZ and spherical mapping ... I think ... maybe.
All fractals seem to get stretched around the equator.
My somewhat "hacky" solution to this is to create whatever terrain/displacement I want at the poles (0,0,0), limit it with a simple shape shader, and then use a translate (rotate) node to move it to the equator or where ever you want it.

That's a pretty good idea. What I had in mind though was using my background star thing, or none, hadn't decided, and a spinning globe rendered frame by frame, but yeah running into odd things like that to work around.

Like I said, the alpine is most probably based on a vertically stretched fractal to facilitate calculation of the 'erosion', so it's just the way the alpine is built. If you stretch a normal PF and rotate on X/Z you get the same. A positive view upon this; using the colors of the displacement would perhaps yield a solution for your rotation wish.

I also thought of that, sorta rebuilding it based on colour and disp or something.

I don't think I could without animation but wonder if you could just "translate" the shaders and move the sun for a rotation planet.

Or, how big and smooth a SSS colour would need to be to mask in 6 sides to the sphere and rotations of the alpines to look gradual enough to be "blended realistically" before masking in alpines ot "mountainous" areas.
« Last post by cyphyr on Today at 05:41:01 AM »
Yes they are at 0,0,0.
It's all down to the discrepancy between XYZ and spherical mapping ... I think ... maybe.
All fractals seem to get stretched around the equator.
My somewhat "hacky" solution to this is to create whatever terrain/displacement I want at the poles (0,0,0), limit it with a simple shape shader, and then use a translate (rotate) node to move it to the equator or where ever you want it.
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:15:57 AM »
Like I said, the alpine is most probably based on a vertically stretched fractal to facilitate calculation of the 'erosion', so it's just the way the alpine is built. If you stretch a normal PF and rotate on X/Z you get the same. A positive view upon this; using the colors of the displacement would perhaps yield a solution for your rotation wish.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Classic Erosion plugin
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 02:44:22 AM »
I've been having a issue where if I render without eroding Terragen will crash as soon as the "Erosion Progress" starts. I have to erode before I render. I usually do this naturally anyway but simetimes I'll forget.  The plugin/tg has never crashed when starting the erosion process outside of a render.

Come to think of it, I actually don't remember this being a issue when I was on the free version on 4.1.11 or whatever it was when I hadn't realized there was an update cause he update feature is down.
Open Discussion / Re: Chinese Lunar Images
« Last post by SILENCER on May 26, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »
That 1969 moon surface footage is as fake as an Obama birth certificate.
« Last post by WASasquatch on May 26, 2018, 10:50:38 PM »

Kinda upsetting. At every turn my ideas are shoved down the drain to limitations in TG that requires unnecessary work.

Believe me you can see posts like yours in every software.
It depends on what you want to do and if you are on the limits of the software etc.
You learn to get around those problems so much you can.
You know this most probably already but i just wanted to give kind of a little relief :)

That's true, though limitations I've ran into in programs like vue, c4d and Bryce usually tend to fall into more complex scenarios. not just wanting a mountain rotated at a certain position and turning to a line. Though I guess that's why heightmaps are the more popular option in TG... which is a bit depressing, making TG almost like a post-work option for textures and light.
« Last post by Kadri on May 26, 2018, 09:46:57 PM »

Kinda upsetting. At every turn my ideas are shoved down the drain to limitations in TG that requires unnecessary work.

Believe me you can see posts like yours in every software.
It depends on what you want to do and if you are on the limits of the software etc.
You learn to get around those problems so much you can.
You know this most probably already but i just wanted to give kind of a little relief :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything