Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Vancouver Mountain
« Last post by surrealdan on Today at 10:24:40 PM »
Thanks guys! More on the way soon!
Open Discussion / Re: Landscape work done with Houdini and vue
« Last post by Danny on Today at 10:01:43 PM »
Aron has been testing for SideFX's Houdini. Apparently they added some new terrain and landscape functionality. Images look impressive. All hos work is topshelf that's for sure
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: René WIP.
« Last post by Danny on Today at 09:43:35 PM »
I think I'm going to explore this scene a little more.

Goood idea !
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: KlausK`s Cliff WiP
« Last post by Danny on Today at 09:42:07 PM »
Nice start, twisted strata looks very nice so far
Open Discussion / Re: Sir David Attenborough on Charles Darwin
« Last post by PabloMack on Today at 08:37:58 PM »
I had the privilege to hear David Attenborough speak at the Bristol meeting of the SVP celebrating the 200th birthday of Charles Darwin and the 150th anniversary of "Origin of Species". They handed out a special publication about Charles Darwin's life. I should have tried to get my copy autographed but there were so may people there, I felt he had better things to do. I have great respect for both men. Charles Darwin was indeed a fair man as he gave Alfred Russel Wallace equal credit for their theory of evolution in a presentation held in London.
Announcements / Re: Plan for 2018
« Last post by archonforest on Today at 07:58:34 PM »
Exciting news!! 8)
No plans for a detailed user guide? ::)
Announcements / Plan for 2018
« Last post by Matt on Today at 07:47:37 PM »
Hi Terrageneers!

I hope 2018 is being good to you all so far. I've been semi off-grid for a few weeks (concluding with a brief but wonderful trip to wintry Iceland!) but there is a lot going on at Planetside behind the scenes. So let's talk about what we have planned for 2018!

First off, Planetside is growing. This year we are adding new programmers to the team. Terragen 4 sales have been good so far and I'm reinvesting as much as I can into accelerating development. I'll have more to say about this soon.

Subscription plans will be available as an option, beginning some time in the first half of 2018. Anyone who prefers to buy perpetual licenses (like before) will be able to - we are not taking that option away from anybody. Adding subscriptions is a way to give people a choice. We want our users to have more options to license Terragen in whichever way works best for them. We think that will attract additional customers who might otherwise walk away from the price of a perpetual license, so we predict this will increase the size of our user community and that is going to be better for everybody.

What features and enhancements to Terragen do we have planned for release this year?

* Faster rendering (expected in 4.2)
* Post effect adjustments in Render View without requiring re-render
* LUTs and other post effects
* Various improvements to the 3D Preview, especially the RTP
* Grouping/hierarchy for objects, lights and cameras
* Rotation and scale modulator inputs for populations
* VDB import/export for clouds
* Brute force GI / path tracing

Finally, in the second half of 2018 I want to show you a prototype of a new tool for creating landscapes. I can't say any more yet; you will just have to wait and see! :)

Matt
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Cliff WIP
« Last post by Danny on Today at 07:30:27 PM »
v3
Jaf,

How are you getting your list to show so many items?  Are you on Windows 10, or some other OS?

I can only get 19 lines/items to show in my list view.  You have a much longer list!

Terragen Discussion / Re: Terragen on Linux
« Last post by bsm3d on Today at 04:45:00 PM »
Render node only, no GUI at present.

- Oshyan

Do you think porting UI over Linux is complexe task ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10