Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: New series of river works
« Last post by archonforest on Today at 06:53:55 AM »
I think the large tree version is a no no. They are kinda blocking the view. 2nd and 3rd are spectacular!
Image Sharing / Re: Steampunk Project
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:51:23 AM »
Very nice again. You are very productive!
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:48:01 AM »
Thanks all. Some new WIP's; with larger trees on the islands (mmm), just shrub (better), and a change of sunlight to evening. Used a voronoi island setup this time, mixing 2 sizes and a PF mask, with some adjustable smaller 'cross-bar streams' (cracks, basically). That works a bit better. I think less waves would be nicer, and smooth reflections of course.
They still render pretty quick (1hr) at 0.6 AA6, soft shadows, upped subdivison level to 0.5 and v3 cloud.
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 06:47:52 AM »
Jandosch Arc II

Designed objects in Blender, combined with plants and buildings from DAZ.
Imported and rendered in a Terragen 4 landscape created by me.
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 06:47:21 AM »
And of course the arc tilts the pot for perfect refreshment... :)
Fantastic metallic textures!

Thanks a lot my friend!
Terragen Support / Re: Strange CPU Slow-up
« Last post by jaf on Today at 06:43:15 AM »
Man, I don't know what to think -- the attached scene in my previous post works okay now too, but it sure didn't earlier.  I went back to the original scene where I first noticed the problem and it still has the problem -- renders like this:
[edit] I do see I received a present from MS, a win10 update, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.  I'm going to repeat my testing, slowly removing parts of the problem scene to see if/when the unusual loading goes away, or not.
File Sharing / Re: WASasquatch's Nightsky & Moon
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:28:35 AM »
Looks very good, thanks for sharing. Interesting to see that all the star 'enterprises' I've seen over the years take a different approach.
Terragen Support / Re: Strange CPU Slow-up
« Last post by Oshyan on Today at 03:47:11 AM »
Strange. The GI pass does use fairly low CPU, but once the primary render pass starts it's about 99% on 32 threads on my machine. Were you specifically talking about the GI pass, or does primary rendering also only utilize a small portion of the CPU?

- Oshyan
Image Sharing / Re: Big Knob
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 01:08:46 AM »
Fantastic texturing and amazing how good procedural grass works.
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 01:06:26 AM »
Very fine details. Beautiful view!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything