Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Terragen Discussion / Re: Vertical problem with cloud warping
« Last post by Matt on March 17, 2018, 11:07:05 AM »
I think you understand this correctly. The only point where I am not sure if I should clarify something is the mixture of Redirect Shader and Vector Displacement Shader. There is no reason to input a Redirect Shader into the vector input of a Vector Displacement Shader, because the Vector Displacement Shader is expecting the input to be a colour or a vector function(*), yet the Redirect Shader's output is displacement (any colour would simply pass through without being changed).

(*) Colours and vectors are interchangeable, raw data. But displacement is different, it is a modification of the description of a surface. Shaders can be used to generate displacement (displace a surface) using vectors, and other shaders can extract vectors from displaced surfaces.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Another stab at it
« Last post by mhaze on March 17, 2018, 10:52:31 AM »
I love it! Bones of, "Mother earth from the ground" has real potential.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Jo Kariboo (wip's)
« Last post by mhaze on March 17, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »
Beautiful. I love the camera angles and focal length.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: AndyWelder WIP's
« Last post by mhaze on March 17, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »
Great image! I've had the black spot problem before but I really cannot remember how I solved it! I've been looking at the file but really can't remember. Renders crashing happens to me sometimes! usually after I've been using TG non stop for several days. It often pays to restart before an important render and always save before a render.
Image Sharing / Re: Today's distraction
« Last post by mhaze on March 17, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
Nice one Bobby, almost missed the car!
Image Sharing / Re: Edge of the Tundra
« Last post by mhaze on March 17, 2018, 10:37:48 AM »
Great image.
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion in 4 renders
« Last post by mhaze on March 17, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »
Announcements / Re: Plan for 2018
« Last post by OldFlak on March 17, 2018, 10:01:11 AM »

1) Can't get a decent render for skyboxes for use in game engines - the six renders are slightly different shades so they don't match correctly

Did you ever figure out your SkyBox issues?  I have been getting perfect results using a 360 Camera, and then creating the cube faces after the fact in some other tool.  Some engines will just import the Equirectangular Pano and automatically convert to the 6 cube faces (Unity for example).

Sorry for lengthy delay answering.

No I haven't solved the issue, I am pretty sure it just can't be done with the free version, so gave up trying and have been working on PBR assets instead.

Is the 360 camera operational in the free version, or does that require the paid version? Any tutorials on how to use that feature?

Terragen Support / Re: Problems importing animation from Maya
« Last post by xxdaggerxx on March 17, 2018, 08:16:22 AM »
I am able to export the maya cam via FBX, the rotation and translation works. But cant export object animation via CHAN with out the rotation going bonkers.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: AndyWelder WIP's
« Last post by AndyWelder on March 17, 2018, 08:12:13 AM »
Anticipating a mindblowing final render...
Well, don't hold your breath... The render that was on its way when I wrote my last reply was almost finished when Windows decided to restart, so it seems, and I was looking at the log-on screen when I woke up yesterday morning... Reason for this behavior? Unknown... It wasn't an update because I "disabled" that by postponing updates for 30 days. Also there wasn't the usual message telling Windows did get an update.
So I did start another render, 3000x1200, detail 0.8 and AA 8 and if this one finishes it'll become my entry. If it doesn't finish I'll quit, that simple... 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]