Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Terragen Support / sleepy renders?
« Last post by Polyglyphs on August 17, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
How's that for a subject?  Not sure what else to call it, but I'm having a problem with Tg4.1 pausing or stalling during renders... it's as if my PC (tried it on both of them- same thing) goes into a  screen saver mode, power save mode, etc... and my render just sits there incomplete until I wiggle the mouse or click on the screen then it continues.   It's not "pausing" the render, or crashing... it's just hanging until the PC is bumped into waking up.  This is happening on both of my PCs, and I've check the power management, screen savers, time-outs, etc... and have turned all that off, and it's still doing it.

Anyone have any ideas?   Thanks!

P.
Image Sharing / Re: Monarch
« Last post by fleetwood on August 17, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
Nicely done. Monarch appropriately, seems to be fading away.

Used to be one of the most common late summer butterflies. Now, they are hard  to see here in Michigan, they say the milkweed plants they need have lost habitat.
« Last post by masonspappy on August 17, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »
 Well done. I think a casual observer could look at this and assume it's a photograph.
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on August 17, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »
So I realised what's missing. a huge Greek god like statue. : )

So I sculpted a human body in zbrush, posed it and imported to TG. It's a WIP, I had no time and energy to sculpt a beard and clothes. The posing was a bit quick as well, kind of looks like a poser character....(not a big fan of those models)
« Last post by mhaze on August 17, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »
Excellent.
Image Sharing / Re: Corona
« Last post by mhaze on August 17, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »
Very nice effect.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Terrain advice
« Last post by Dune on August 17, 2017, 07:34:39 AM »
A mix of small scale strata shaders, each masked by small scale PF, can do a lot, I'd say.
Terragen Discussion / Re: question about mask
« Last post by Dune on August 17, 2017, 07:31:31 AM »
It's better to use the colors/scalars from altitude to make your contours. Altitude itself doesn't work like this. See screendump. The color adjust shaders (or smooth step+ 2 constants) give you some altitude, which you can add and subtract, etc, until you have the desired contours.
Terragen Discussion / Re: question about mask
« Last post by micvswind on August 17, 2017, 07:09:47 AM »
What do you want to achieve with this? The masking follows the contours of the terrain allright (though I stretched the Y of the terrain to 10000, which allows for better masking).

i want apply the mash with shape of contour to a flat plane.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Fake stones compute normal vs compute terrain
« Last post by Dune on August 17, 2017, 06:53:38 AM »
I don't see the problem really.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything