Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: Need multiple shaders for a plane object
« Last post by treddie on August 18, 2017, 11:49:00 PM »
Thanks guys.

My problem was that I had inadvertently created a "mystery" Power Fractal shader, somehow.  I had built the plane and then assigned the new shader to it, but the node did not exist anywhere, or was invisible.  It was not in the internal network for the plane, either.  But I could do a "go to" shader and it's panel would pop up.  So after reading your posts, I decided to start from scratch by creating a brand new shader in the main area, using the existing values of the old, "invisible" one.  Then I could add to that shader anything else I needed, and attach them to the plane object.  It's working great now.

Cheers!
Image Sharing / Neb test - per Sirenko
« Last post by fleetwood on August 18, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »
Had to try Denis nebula method. Big Thanks for sharing it.
Put in a luminous procedural starfield on the background object (ortho camera required very tiny fractal stars as opposed to the large size needed for a perspective camera starfield) and testing a faint added overall space dust cloud.

This must be the Alien nebula because:
Note the accidental little grey alien standing in the circular structure in the upper right (well he's not grey but has a blue head, out stretched arms, one orange hand and an orange belly...at least I see him- maybe looking at too many renders)

Maybe not related directly to your problem but in the past (if i remember correctly) when i set affinity to 7 cores it stayed that way.
Now it changes so far i see. Not much a problem but a little annoying.

I have kind of the same problems like you have too like the OS stuttering-freesing for a short time.
But loading and saving doesn't look much different to me.
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on August 18, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »
Wow, I totally missed your leap into space Martin...nice exploration...'specially the polar Mars idea...good inspiration that.
Yeah, too much grassy hills for me, it was time for some outer space experience haha
Image Sharing / Re: Corona
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 18, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
Thanks, eclipse day , Aug 21, coming soon.
   Render is done emulating actual eclipse, moon planet in position blocking a sunlike planet with huge cloud stucture. Very fiddly to line up.
   Strange to me, it would not render properly with defer atmosphere turned on, defer causing it to blank out many of the buckets that should have cloud.
    example render defer atmo on, this is rendered to fully finished status :

that is odd...looks like a bug?...corona.jpg render very nice tho.
Image Sharing / Re: Monarch
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 18, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »
Nice one...had some of these frequent my back yard as always as I grow milkweed and they like that. The Monarch in the render seems to lack the vibrant colour the backyard ones displayed.
Image Sharing / Re: Field in dunes
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 18, 2017, 09:01:44 PM »
I couldn't add to this...like it a lot......But the crossing furrows in the plowed field...is that a Dutch thing?
Image Sharing / Re: Mud Boss
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 18, 2017, 08:57:58 PM »

Looks like The Fake President, "Boss Tweet" has finally found a place he's almost qualified to manage. Alluvia is a planet with no life and nothing but mounds of mud. "Boss Tweet" claimed the popular vote here by casting the only ballot. He likes to say he won in a "mudslide".
 He is pretty pleased here, but for the fact that there are no mirrors on Alluvia.
Nobody is sure exactly what the Fake President is made out of, but whatever it is, it reeks.

hee hee hee, quite the political stand. Have to admit even as a neighbour the reek is spreading here, through Alberta, a province Trump would have won were it in USA
Image Sharing / Re: Rocktest
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 18, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
Well 4B 1 seems to have worked.......but I really like the deeply mysterious feeling in 3B 4
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 18, 2017, 08:50:30 PM »
Wow, I totally missed your leap into space Martin...nice exploration...'specially the polar Mars idea...good inspiration that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything