Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Arch preset
« Last post by DocCharly65 on May 23, 2017, 05:19:34 AM »
Thats great how good the arch fits to the under water ambience! Nice work!
Image Sharing / Re: Astronomy site in the woods
« Last post by DocCharly65 on May 23, 2017, 05:17:56 AM »
Cool!

If you can find a bumpmap for the round observatory and its stones, it will be perfect.
Image Sharing / Re: Mission to Mars
« Last post by DocCharly65 on May 23, 2017, 05:16:24 AM »
Strange - I like that contrast of the starbursts blue to the rest of the red colors... 
Very cool indirect lighting of the rocks in the foreground.

Cool!
Image Sharing / Re: First snow
« Last post by DocCharly65 on May 23, 2017, 05:14:17 AM »
The red trees are in fact a bit striking but anyway I like the render :)
Image Sharing / Re: Sunrise............
« Last post by DocCharly65 on May 23, 2017, 05:12:06 AM »
Nice :)
Terragen Support / Re: Automatic centering of Network Window - Preference setting
« Last post by KlausK on May 22, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »
hehe, well, now I am getting confused (and I am out of options of making myself clear if I fail now. Last try..).

My main intention is to not change the nodes I view in the Network view.
I do not want to move around in the Network view.

And because this contextual behaviour is NOT CONSISTENT, meaning,  the Network view simply does
not change contextually each and every time I click on a button in the "Top Toolbar", I use them.
Sometimes I am lucky (regarding my preferred workflow) and the nodes I have arranged to be in view
in the Network view stay in position - other times though, the view jumps to the nodes related to the
clicked "Top Toolbar" button - like it should when as I read in the manual (TG2 guide part 1).
That is why I click the buttons on the "Top Toolbar"above and not the "Group" button in the Network view.
I thought that was obvious, sorry. I simply hope for the contextual functionality to fail  8)

It seems that my workflow is not the intended way of moving around in the interface of TG.
I had that with a few other things I wrote about in the forum earlier. No big deal.
cheers, Klaus
Terragen Discussion / Re: Light rays / sun beams with clouds and objects
« Last post by Oshyan on May 22, 2017, 10:21:12 PM »
Hah! Very good advice from Ethrieltd. :D

- Oshyan
Terragen Discussion / Re: Light rays / sun beams with clouds and objects
« Last post by Ethrieltd on May 22, 2017, 10:02:12 PM »
You must crawl before walk turns to run. Grab a few beginner tutorials and file shares, try examining a file share, note the settings in the examples. You have wonderful ideas but your settings seem very extreme. A general search of most scene types will yield good examples, many with file shares. (tgd)

I've "played" with Terragen for a few years but nothing serious, but recently I have gotten more into it. I would therefore consider myself a beginner. As a beginner I've also played around with multiple different things and have come to one conclusion more than anything else.

If you're settings are EXTREME and you're not getting what you want at all then you're doing it wrong. Cranking the settings often has counter intuitive effects. It's far better to pare it down and tweak things from there than go balls deep...
Terragen Support / Re: Automatic centering of Network Window - Preference setting
« Last post by Oshyan on May 22, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »
Yes, I understand what you would prefer to happen. What I am wondering is *why* you click the Layout buttons (e.g. Terrain, Atmosphere) if you are already working in the node network. I am not saying there is no good reason, I just want to know why you do it.

- Oshyan
Image Sharing / Ledenon but if ? but no. ^^
« Last post by bla bla 2 on May 22, 2017, 04:34:54 PM »
Oulalala. vroommmmmmmmmmm..........  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10