Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: Smoothing filter?
« Last post by René on Today at 11:17:20 AM »
Sounds like a lot of tampering. Thanks anyway.
Would be a useful addition though.
Image Sharing / Re: Expanse (image)
« Last post by Denis Sirenko on Today at 10:58:09 AM »
This topic can be used as a short and understandable tutorial for creating animations based on a static bitmap image. Thanks for this.
Terragen Discussion / Re: make cave in the wall,please do me a favor
« Last post by micvswind on Today at 10:49:18 AM »
This may be a better method for you.

thank you dune.this method solve my problem perfect.

Terragen Discussion / Re: make cave in the wall,please do me a favor
« Last post by Dune on Today at 09:48:06 AM »
This may be a better method for you.
Terragen Discussion / make cave in the wall,please do me a favor
« Last post by micvswind on Today at 08:20:58 AM »
as the image shows below,i have added a compute normal node in front of the displacement,why does the icon isn't round but ellipse,and why dose the plan y can work but plan Z in the projection type option of projection of image map shader.

forgive my poor english
regards
Terragen Discussion / Re: DSM, DTM, DEM's
« Last post by Dune on Today at 07:17:06 AM »
We need a relatively detailed heightmap of this region, but it needs not to be overly expensive. See here: http://search.mapmart.com/data/mapnew.html?WhereFrom=Advanced&category=ALL
Maybe the Harris gap-filled 90m would even do with some additional displacements? That's cheap enough. And we should be able to edit in Photoshop.
Image Sharing / Re: Arctic Sunset with Radar Station
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 06:34:04 AM »
You can work this out nicely, IMO. Why not add some billowy (or mix 1) displacements after compute terrain of 1-2m high (maybe bigger), and perhaps a layer with rough stones, then use the last surface shader to add snow and displacement intersect. You'll get nice dark rocks and smooth snow remains between them.

got a test running atm of something similar. If it finishes before I pass out I'll put it up tonite , otherwise in the AM
Image Sharing / Re: Arctic Sunset with Radar Station
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:29:32 AM »
You can work this out nicely, IMO. Why not add some billowy (or mix 1) displacements after compute terrain of 1-2m high (maybe bigger), and perhaps a layer with rough stones, then use the last surface shader to add snow and displacement intersect. You'll get nice dark rocks and smooth snow remains between them.
I'll fix you a sample.
Image Sharing / Re: Coastal Reef
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:25:35 AM »
That's awfully long indeed, but the quality is obvious, so it's worth the time. One of your best, I think. You could try (a crop) with AA8 and detail 0.6, check out differences in time and quality. I bet the rendertime would be 1/4 or even much less.
Image Sharing / Coastal Reef
« Last post by Lady of the Lake on Today at 02:19:35 AM »
TG4 Creative
 Terrain by Danny G; small palm by X-Frog, date palm (sorry don't know); reeds by Dune, bush by Wali (I think).

I read on a post where someone had used a much higher setting to render than I do, so thought I would try that and see what happened.  AA12, detail 1.  49 hour render!!!.   :)   Don't think I will be doing that again.   :o
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10