Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: importing DEMs or GeoTIFFS
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 02:50:37 AM »
Newbie to Terragen and have been a Vue user for a number of years. Downloaded the Mac Terragen 4 trial version to try out prior to possibly purchasing it and was curious as to the process for modeling real world location/terrain data using Terragen.

Vue allows import of GeoTIFFS and wondering if Terragen has that capability. I would assume it did but thought I'd ask experienced users.

Thanks much for the help.

sgtslick

http://www.archer-designs.com/tutorials/usgs-elevaton-data-with-terragen-2/
Image Sharing / Re: An other canyon
« Last post by zaxxon on Today at 02:27:02 AM »
Beautiful! I'm especially drawn to the water's lighting and the exquisite colors thru the shallow depth. The overall effect with such a bright palette and the detailed realism is like an enhanced photograph (and a most wonderful one indeed). Excellent work as always Luc!
Image Sharing / Re: An other canyon
« Last post by masonspappy on Today at 01:40:54 AM »
Open Discussion / Re: Does anyone here calibrate their monitor?
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 01:25:02 AM »

Now i just use the Windows 10 calibration app.
One of my last renders looked quite dark-contrasty on some smartphones.
Not sure but my settings looked ok. Many see images too dark (or bright) probably.
Terragen Discussion / importing DEMs or GeoTIFFS
« Last post by sgtslick on Today at 01:14:35 AM »
Newbie to Terragen and have been a Vue user for a number of years. Downloaded the Mac Terragen 4 trial version to try out prior to possibly purchasing it and was curious as to the process for modeling real world location/terrain data using Terragen.

Vue allows import of GeoTIFFS and wondering if Terragen has that capability. I would assume it did but thought I'd ask experienced users.

Thanks much for the help.

sgtslick
Terragen Discussion / Re: Rendering Pyramids
« Last post by Oshyan on Today at 12:47:59 AM »
Indeed, my next suggestion was going to be to increase GI settings, particularly Sample Quality. Try a value of 4, for example, for sample quality. You could also try increasing the GI Blur Radius a bit, maybe 20 or so (default is 8).

- Oshyan
Open Discussion / Does anyone here calibrate their monitor?
« Last post by Ethrieltd on Today at 12:07:55 AM »
I had a weird thought before...

There's no guarantee that my (or anyone else's) render look the same to anyone else as they look to me. I guess it's more prevalent among people that work with print/graphics but I wonder how many people bother to calibrate their monitor.

I know how my renders look to me...
Image Sharing / Re: ShapesGalore
« Last post by Kadri on June 27, 2017, 06:56:42 PM »

Yeah...doesn't work always as we wish.
I have a scene that does have much possibility but still couldn't find the golden camera spot :)
Image Sharing / Re: ShapesGalore
« Last post by bobbystahr on June 27, 2017, 06:51:09 PM »

I saw it too and wasn't sure how to reply.
I actually think there is a possibility of a much better image as it is someone there if you can get over...that :)

I did try a few iterations of PF and moved the objects around but got nothing I liked.
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion Terrain Structures
« Last post by Kadri on June 27, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »

Looks good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything