Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Starting over with Terragen
« Last post by Danny on Today at 09:25:11 PM »
Cheers Paul, Nice to see you
« Last post by pclavett on Today at 08:53:32 PM »
Thanks fellas for the comments. I will make this file available in the Sharing section in the coming weeks, may help some newcomers.
Take care !
Paul
Just saw your posting, and I'm really glad, you're back. I can say, that I know how you felt. I had something similar some time ago, and I know, that it changes your life. Keep on, buddy!!!!!
Image Sharing / Re: Sombrero
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 07:06:30 PM »
I suspect that it can also be in the render node settings. Did you notice, are these joints on the borders of threads that render visualization?
Yeah, all the clipping is happening against thread borders. I assume it's how each cell is calculated, it assumes "Hey, there's a bright star here" while the next cells interpretation says "Nope, nothing there".
In general, I'm studying the question of creating stars in order to include this in animation and for me this behavior can be a problem.
Yeah, I believe this would create stars out of no where as movement is created in a scene, which is disappointing. But I am wondering if we can just use a basic repeatable noise map from Photoshop or something to govern stars. They would be "fixed" and not subject to so much clamping calculation within TG, perhaps this would define a stars position more "definitively".

Here is a simple test throwing the stars setup into a thin galaxy bands cloud layer. No galactic core light source, this is all dependent on stars light emission. I'm still not totally liking my star colours, but man did it take ages of testing to ensure there were no green/purple erroneous stars. Colours interact weird when they gradient in TG. Now just need to get balance between star types. Should be more red dwarfs and main sequence yellow stars. Blue and White are already pretty rare, but should be rarer. I would have just use the Night Sky's color system, but it unfortunately favors unrealistic star colours.
Image Sharing / Re: Les vacances commencent
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 06:51:13 PM »
The Grove, does it output .obj or does one have to convert from .lwo or some other output format?

As The Grove is a Blender plugin, it can export in several formats including obj but once exported the file can be big because it uses the particles system for the twigs.
It is better to export in fbx in an external 3d software (Modo 902 in my case) and then after some shader adjustments for the leaves, export in obj if you want to use it in Terragen. But once again with al the leaves the file can get very big in polygons amount.

David.

Thanks David, I totally missed that it's a Blender plugin....guess I'll just keep saving for Speed Tree...
Image Sharing / Re: Les vacances commencent
« Last post by Antoine on Today at 06:39:22 PM »
The Grove, does it output .obj or does one have to convert from .lwo or some other output format?

As The Grove is a Blender plugin, it can export in several formats including obj but once exported the file can be big because it uses the particles system for the twigs.
It is better to export in fbx in an external 3d software (Modo 902 in my case) and then after some shader adjustments for the leaves, export in obj if you want to use it in Terragen. But once again with al the leaves the file can get very big in polygons amount.

David.
Terragen Support / Update?
« Last post by raymoh on Today at 04:10:41 PM »
Hello to everyone

The update checker informs me that version 4.1.20 (Mac only) is available. So I 've installed it, but the "about"-window tells that the version is still 4.1.19. Refreshing the update check, it still recommends version 4.1.20...?
« Last post by Dune on Today at 03:52:04 PM »
Good to have you back, Paul. Take care of yourself and enjoy TG. Great re-entry by all means.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Hannes' Cliff WIPs
« Last post by Hannes on Today at 03:46:27 PM »
Did you change the displacement tolerance on the arch or the planet? You need to change it on the arch.

Thanks, Matt!!
I have to say, that I don't remember.  :-[

Sorry I wasn't here to help while you were working on it. I avoided all WIP threads until after I cast my vote.

Matt

No problem, fortunately I found a way to solve this problem

« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 03:17:28 PM »
Excellent combination of resources and valley floor to be envied. Great job!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything