Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Discussion / Re: Rocks by Scanline
« Last post by Dune on Today at 09:02:30 AM »
Perhaps one or a few simple waterfall objects (like in your samples) can be made, which can be placed here and there (in suitable places for a waterfall of course), on which some shader setup will do the water 'falling'. Should be possible.
Image Sharing / Re: Dawn
« Last post by Dune on Today at 08:58:52 AM »
I understand. The latter is strange, probably due to erosion?
Terragen Discussion / Re: gradual transparency method
« Last post by mhaze on Today at 08:22:06 AM »
When, oh when, will be get true grey scale transparency?
Image Sharing / Re: The long way to Orakum II The standing guards
« Last post by mhaze on Today at 08:20:16 AM »
Some very well done and stimulating work here.
Image Sharing / Re: Dawn
« Last post by mhaze on Today at 08:18:34 AM »
Thanks All,

Dune, every time I restart TG and run Danii's classic erosion I get a slightly different result and some times the stream beds are slightly tilted and as they drive the water surface masks, they some times tilt. I have been able to compensate a little by adding some positive displacement. In this case though the water is flat and it's the angle of the foam that creates the illusion(I think). Another issue is that masks  from the erosion filter cannot be adjusted for width very much, exported maps would be handy.  The cloud is a matter of taste, in my years photographing the dawn I saw many strange clouds! and I like the sense of darkness receding from the light the dark cloud gives. Stream water is usually this transparent only becoming murky further down river unless it's glacier water which green and milky.

Another annoying issue is every time I restart the the program I get different fake stones!
Terragen Discussion / Re: Error 135 ?
« Last post by archonforest on Today at 07:46:25 AM »
Open the tgd file in notepad++ and there u will be able to locate the line u need with ease.

In u don't have that program then u can also pull the tgd file into excel. There u can also see line 136 as excel will number each line. Then open the tgd in the regular notepad and locate that line. See if u got any accented characters or something. Delete that and most probably TG will open it without error.
Open Discussion / Re: Rocks by Scanline
« Last post by René on Today at 07:28:01 AM »

Love the sim at 2:09 in the vid, wonder how long that took to compute...

I really have no idea, nor do I have any experience with simulation software. The waterfalls in this scene are built up in layers (for compositing purposes?).
Would it be possible to reuse some of the calculations and transfer them from one waterfall to another?
Image Sharing / Re: The long way to Orakum II The standing guards
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 05:45:51 AM »
I see now...well done

Thank you much!
Terragen Discussion / Re: gradual transparency method
« Last post by Dune on Today at 04:56:32 AM »
I'll try both, but painting in is what I've done now. Thanks.
Terragen Discussion / Re: copy coordinates on background
« Last post by Dune on Today at 04:53:36 AM »
Yes, I install the newest builds as they come. I have to check again if it works now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10