Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: New series of river works
« Last post by Dune on Today at 09:24:22 AM »
Nope, this should depict a sandy floor, with puddles of water, and higher banks of hard seaclay (where the veggies reside), like a tidal area. But maybe the sand should be brown-greyer, I'll have to ask the client (specific location, you know).
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 09:14:34 AM »
I remember the same what WASasquatch says, but I'm still remaining on 4.1x and didn't test PT so far.

Did I miss the description somewhere? Are the last renders in your project about salt production?
File Sharing / Re: Directional Slope Masks
« Last post by Hannes on Today at 09:10:08 AM »
For example snow blown by the wind onto one side of a mountain. Or mushrooms only growing on one side of a treetrunk.
Image Sharing / Re: Columnar Cliffs - Evolved
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 09:06:39 AM »
Nice detail view!
Image Sharing / Re: Untouched Land
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 09:03:42 AM »
Very nice render! Smooth and peaceful ambience.
File Sharing / Re: Directional Slope Masks
« Last post by Stormlord on Today at 08:59:33 AM »
Even if I do not figured out, for what this slopedingelsbums is, I say Thank You... and save it meanhwile at my hard disc
(Hope I will find it out in the future...)

STORMLORD
Terragen Discussion / Re: Terracing without Strata Shader
« Last post by Tangled-Universe on Today at 07:57:35 AM »
A single terrace can be made using the get altitude function.
Then use a conditional set to 'between' for an altitude range and whenever that criteria is met then set the output to the lower limit of your altitude range.
When the condition is not being met, thus exceeds the altitude defined in your range, you will end up with a big vertical stretched step and you want to avoid that.
To do so, subtract the altitude range from the output of the conditional.
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 07:49:33 AM »
I remember Matt, or Oshyan mentioning something about PT being able to achieve softer reflections. I wonder if this is something that is currently hard coded for testing purposes? It'd be odd if the path tracing muddles the reflections that much.

It's so soft it looks like the water is frozen itself, aside form the actual ice. Reminds me of the flash freeze (or maybe it's slow? we don't get ice often but when we do it's usually cause we suddenly dipped well below freezing) ice we get here overnight that's totally translucent.
Image Sharing / Re: Untouched Land
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 07:31:06 AM »
Nice color scheme and scene as a whole. I like it very much.

Mr. Lamppost has released grasses a long time ago, Walli has too, and I have some (free) at NWDA. Searching the forum may help you find them.

I find Ulco's (Dune) single grasses to be incredibly versatile, but due take awhile to populate. His clumps are very nice as well.

The grass you have in this project looks rather nice, very soft and "rolling". The ground texture in the right with the grass particularly draws my attention. It's nice.
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:25:03 AM »
Yes. At that time they were purely wild horses, with likely only minor color differences.

Here's another scene, rendered with PT. I was wondering about the reflection being so soft. The water is 100% smooth, so I would expect a hard reflection (like in RT), unless it's a 'long exposure render'. Added some photo's as refs.
Or maybe I forgot to set a variable again?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10