Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: mask to image
« Last post by bobbystahr on December 17, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »
Hmmm, definitely one for the 'Mask Master Dune' I'd say.
Image Sharing / Re: Spot on! Light objects - my go at visible lights
« Last post by bobbystahr on December 17, 2017, 03:38:58 PM »
It's fine to disagree, but we can only know the truth if you share your scene files so others can replicate your tests, as well as try alternate methods of optimization. :)

- Oshyan

Hear! Hear!
Image Sharing / Re: Just some more mountains!
« Last post by SILENCER on December 17, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »
Loving that horizontal crack separation on the cliff face
Terragen Discussion / mask to image
« Last post by micvswind on December 17, 2017, 01:41:09 PM »
hi guys.
here is the question trouble me a lot.how can i convert the mask(from distribution/surface) to a image mask that i can use it anywhere else.like the image output of worldmachine.
and how can i inner offset the mask/selection(from distribution/surface and has no soft edge ) to get another mask

regards.
Terragen Support / Textures don't move with the object ?
« Last post by midnight_stories on December 17, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
Is this a bug when you move an object the texture coordinance for that object dosen't move with it.
E.g I have an ordinary sphere made by TG, I map some planet textures on it use spherical map.
then I move it the texture go all over the place. What's going on ? it must be something basic I'm missing.
Plus another thing I found I couldn't select the sphere in the render window, I can use the heading and distance.
But no real way to select it in the main view and drag it around, I am using a spherical camera so that might
have something to do with it. I've used TG for 3 years on and off and I still feel like a beginner. Just made
an environment HDR pack and DAZ and had great success with it. But it's still frustrating Lol!
Terragen Discussion / Re: Planet-making options
« Last post by Danny on December 17, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
Have a look at this if you would like Frank took a few years to develop it
http://www.store.nwdastore.com/planets/frankb-planet-pack
Image Sharing / Just some more mountains!
« Last post by mhaze on December 17, 2017, 11:40:55 AM »
Terragen terrain eroded by Daniil's classic erosion.  Grass me, creeping zinia by Walli, heather by Dune. I had to use incremental saving on this one, over a hundred saves with lots of changes in-between!  Fakes stones continue to stress me out and I'm still not happy with these.  I tried to use some .obj rocks modelled in Silo but failed to texture them >:(
Open Discussion / Re: Beautiful realism.
« Last post by masonspappy on December 17, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
This guy is amazing.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Planet-making options
« Last post by SpacePioneer on December 17, 2017, 09:08:00 AM »
Thank you all for your replies! ;D I know, I asked a lot of questions, but I'll definitely keep your tips and techniques in mind throughout my efforts.
Two more, woo...
If I do decide to use textures, I'm assuming they need to be in equirectangular projection to work correctly if I want the whole planet covered and shown correctly, right? Or is there some other map type like cubemap I need to work with?  (I ask because I'm much more experienced with equirectangular than any other projection, so working with something else would be annoying at best)
Also, is there any way I can customize the sunburst/lens flare effect you mentioned other than changing the softness and intensity?
Open Discussion / Re: Beautiful realism.
« Last post by René on December 17, 2017, 07:13:13 AM »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything