Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Dune's 2DFlame Card
« Last post by WASasquatch on July 19, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
The PF SSS on the Sparks could be shrunk a bit to constrain to the shape of the fire but looks really nice. That is a interesting sky, looks cool.
Image Sharing / Re: An evening at the lake
« Last post by archonforest on July 19, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »
what a lucky bastard... :P
« Last post by mhaze on July 19, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »
Hmmm, I think she's sneakin' up on him. ;)
« Last post by KlausK on July 19, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »
...and he is staring at the sunset?!?!?!?

That is really well done!
CHeers, Klaus
Image Sharing / An evening at the lake
« Last post by Hannes on July 19, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »
My own attempt to create a campfire. I used the same wood model as luvsmuzik did with my own burning wood shader assigned to it. I added some localised clouds and a few orange lightsources to get some sort of glow where the fire is. Plus another cloud layer with some special settings for the sparks.
For the smoke I used another plane with an image map shader. When I first tried to render everything together I had some strange dark and flat areas where the smoke plane is. I tried a lot of things and eventually came up with the solution of creating a GI cache file WITHOUT the smoke plane, and then rendered the scene WITH the smoke plane using the previously created GI cache file, which worked perfectly.
« Last post by KlausK on July 19, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »
The flames look very good to me.
With such a bonfire the faces of the people around the fireplace should be glowing red by now ;)
Are the sparks and little pieces on a plane? They look a little bit regular distributed and rectangular in the air.
Maybe some sort of irregular mask shape on the plane? If they are on a plane, that is.
CHeers, Klaus
Image Sharing / Re: Steampunk Project
« Last post by KlausK on July 19, 2018, 05:03:29 PM »
That is a interesting thread.
As I wrote in the "New Life Terragen training Event" thread I would be really interested in some pointers to modeling for Terragen.
Anything one has to take care of before exporting from the 3D app. Like polycount, size, doesanddont`s and texturing.
The instruments you did here are very nice. Mine so far look rather lowres even after exporting my hires model as *.obj.
If you ever find the time to get a little bit more into detail overthose things, I`d very much appreciate it.
CHeers, Klaus
Image Sharing / Re: Twin Peaks ~ impressionistic
« Last post by KlausK on July 19, 2018, 04:51:53 PM »
Thank you both!
CHeers, Klaus
Terragen Discussion / Re: Procedural Semi-Transparency Colours
« Last post by WASasquatch on July 19, 2018, 03:49:55 PM »
Yeah I have already done that but unfortunately it has more problems than shadows. No scale in terrain drops, and no light directions. Makes you water appear pretty flat
« Last post by luvsmuzik on July 19, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »
And Dad said, "Okay If you have to build a bonfire, do it out by that tree stump by the well house. I don't know why you want to stay out all night taking pictures of the sky. It happens every year, last year, the year before that, the year before that.....and I'm sure it's gonna happen next year."

Notilucent sky by nethskie from the cloud library shares.
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,3691.msg112298.html#msg112298

Bloom 0.1 and Gamma 2.4 plus exposure correct out of TG.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything