Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Mars Again
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 01:32:34 PM »
I think it looks convincing for a Mars render (though I wasn't there in the last weeks… :) )

ha ha ha ha ha
wondering also what can record those amount of frames? If each frame is only 1 kbyte then the drive that records have to be able to write with
9313 Gbyte per second. This means the 25 frames record is 232825 Gbyte. What kind of ssd they have?
Image Sharing / Re: Untouched Land
« Last post by archonforest on Today at 12:04:01 PM »
Very nice mood here! 8)
File Sharing / Re: Directional Slope Masks
« Last post by René on Today at 12:01:45 PM »
Wow! Thank you very much. This will be very useful for some scenes I had to discontinue.
Image Sharing / Re: Path tracing an old scene Fields
« Last post by Hetzen on Today at 11:01:04 AM »
Thanks guys.

Last render on this one, I switched up the Ray Detail modifier to 1 as Oshyan suggested, which made a big difference....
Image Sharing / Re: Untouched Land
« Last post by sjefen on Today at 10:07:05 AM »
Nice color scheme and scene as a whole. I like it very much.

Mr. Lamppost has released grasses a long time ago, Walli has too, and I have some (free) at NWDA. Searching the forum may help you find them.

I find Ulco's (Dune) single grasses to be incredibly versatile, but due take awhile to populate. His clumps are very nice as well.

The grass you have in this project looks rather nice, very soft and "rolling". The ground texture in the right with the grass particularly draws my attention. It's nice.

The problem with this grass clump, is that it consist of maybe 3 single grass strands.
I have to make billions of instances  :'(

- Terje
Image Sharing / Re: More Columnar
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 09:44:07 AM »
In fact a bit high saturation and the high cirrus clouds look a bit strange and stretched. But all in all a nice scene.
Image Sharing / Re: Mars Again
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 09:40:08 AM »
I think it looks convincing for a Mars render (though I wasn't there in the last weeks… :) )
Image Sharing / Re: New series of river works
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 09:32:14 AM »
uups… :)
Thanks for the explanation.
I thought it could be a salt crust due to a few sharp edges I thought I have seen.
Image Sharing / Re: Path tracing an old scene Fields
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 09:29:41 AM »
I like the last version most, too  :)

I'm not sure yet what to think about PT from what I have seen in the forum.
Seems that I am a fan of softer and a bit more washed-out images. PT seems to increase contrasts.
Especially in the first render I am missing the surface details of the standard version.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10