Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: Rotating Alpines
« Last post by cyphyr on Today at 03:41:03 PM »
Hmm works for me ... not sure why you're getting different results.

If you want to rotate the whole planet you could try inputting the lat and long you want to end up at the polls into the planet node (lat long at apex)
Image Sharing / Re: Just some grass.
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 03:10:02 PM »
Coming back to this I realized I forgot to ask if the grass models were going to be in File Sharing here. They look to be stellar additions if they do.
Open Discussion / Re: Bad news for AMD
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 02:50:21 PM »
Not that this isn't true, but either nobody set the date correctly or this article is three years old....
Just uploaded an update: v3.3.10

if using non-standard world scales (other than 1:100) and terrain multipliers, projection planes will export at a correct scale for Terragen and sculpting in programs such as Mudbox.

See there has been quite a few downloads since this release - would be great to get some feedback - is the workflow easy to follow? any suggestions? any nice renders?
« Last post by Dune on Today at 12:16:51 PM »
It's just the way this thing is being calculated, different than a 'normal' PF.
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 11:47:42 AM »

If there is a slightly obvious look, stretch like in the alpine node,
you will see the same stretching with the other fractals too when you rotate them.
You can't see it in their default look because they have kinda the same noise in all axis's.

I am curious if i am right because this was how i saw it since years :)
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 11:39:42 AM »

Matt or Oshyan can explain it better and i might be wrong too maybe.
But like Richard said above this is normal i think. At least how Terragen works in general.

When you rotate the alpine globally there will be parts that look normal and parts that will look kinda stretched with rotating.
The nodes are acting kind of symetrically on the planet. When you rotate a part in the X axis there will be parts that look like they are rotate in the Y axis for example. Have a look and play with the example file below.

If you want to get the look you want globally you have to restrict some parts and use different rotation,transform etc. there probably.
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 07:37:51 AM »
Are you expecting something different?
If you want to rotate about a vertical axis then use the Y input.
hope this helps :)

I hope you paid attention to the screenshots. Rotating any axis, or all three, produces this effect. That's why I'm posting. The more you "rotate" the more it "transforms" and stretches. You cannot rotate them via the Transform shader it seems.

This same transform, on either rotation setting, or axis, will effect a PF correctly.

Basically I went to rotate a whole "continental" setup, and all was well, except the alpines, which turned into lines.
« Last post by cyphyr on Today at 06:18:08 AM »
Are you expecting something different?
If you want to rotate about a vertical axis then use the Y input.
hope this helps :)
Open Discussion / Re: Bad news for AMD
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 12:01:07 AM »
Yeah this doesn't hurt AMD too much, and shows the interest in the market to create bootlegs. Intel has had the same issues in the past, same with Microsoft and other giants. "Genuine" windows machines in Asia are primarily, not, Genuine. There was a millions of fake XP copies being sold in China before stiffer regulations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10