Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Terragen Animation / Re: More Mixamo fun
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 12:36:21 AM »
Here is something completely meaningless. I found a funny model (Cadnav, as far as I remember), reworked the shaders, put it into Mixamo, created a twenty frames object sequence and put it into TG.
Tried some more things: footprints masked by an animated SSS, one animated cloudlayer per print for the dust puffs etc.

very good as a proof of concept piece on the stuff you were working on..it all worked well including the torch in the desert hee hee hee, 'coals to newcastle' that is....
Terragen Animation / Re: TG4 Creative sunset
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 12:06:24 AM »
Import sequence success!
Tiny file just for trial ...to be continued...saved this in a different format, as my tablet won't load animations from here unless on YouTube....this is still an mp4 so I don't know.....
Image Sharing / Re: More Columnar
« Last post by luvsmuzik on December 10, 2017, 11:52:42 PM »
Today's effort, still the overhang strata from Dune's file share
Announcements / Re: Terragen 4 Holiday Sale: 20% off new and upgrade purchases!
« Last post by KlausK on December 10, 2017, 11:48:42 PM »
Hi to everyone at planetside!

It`s been almost a year now since the "Holiday Sale 2016" got me into buying TG4 Professional back then.
I remember reading about the new pricing model planetside introduced with the release of TG4 but I am not sure anymore how that works...

Would you be so kind to repeat this one more time here, please?

I think I remember there will be no upgrade path anymore once you let go of maintanence.
Am I correct?

Cheers, Klaus
Open Discussion / Re: Ouch! I wonder whats going on with Autodesk?
« Last post by Ethrieltd on December 10, 2017, 11:29:41 PM »
I hardly think Autodesk is going out of business, it's hard to imagine a municipal engineering department or any construction company not using their products. They maintain a major presence in the Game and Film industries. The Company's profits are up and the size of their workforce.....

I dunno, the wayside is littered with companies and products whose usage was positively indispensable once...
Terragen Animation / Re: Another Mixamo orgy...
« Last post by bobbystahr on December 10, 2017, 09:55:06 PM »
Actually that awesome should be here. Full marks on your patience hannes....seeing it for the first time it seemed quite like a bunch o dude at some show. I might have had a guy hanging a moon over the railing somewhere in the middle but that's just my twisted mind.
Terragen Animation / Re: Another Mixamo orgy...
« Last post by bobbystahr on December 10, 2017, 09:37:12 PM »
TG imports whatever OBJ sequence you have as long there is no "frame" missing and you're using "%04d" instead of "Character_0000.obj. The number depends on how many digits your sequence uses.
You can start and end your sequence at any point in the sequence tab of your object's properties. If you uncheck "Loop" the pose will rest in the state of the last object until the end of the animation.
I don't know if it makes sense to add some reverse partial. To get some variation you can offset the looping framewise in every population or single object. And you can use ping pong instead of loop.
Unfortunately it's not (yet!!!!) possible to randomly offset every instance individually in a population.

I have 90 frame sequence of obj and mtl for my obj. Is this the correct manner to use the %04d     
.......\1Exported Objects\santa5seqenceexport\santa5sequenceexport_%04d.obj

UPDATE: It worked!!!  :) :) :)

awesome
File Sharing / Re: Rendering on AWS
« Last post by bobbystahr on December 10, 2017, 09:30:13 PM »
Thankyou very much for this.
It's something that I have been wondering about for a while.
Reading through the notes I realise I have much to learn. I understood almost none of it! hehe.

a bit more than me then heh heh
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on December 10, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »
The new renders are not finished yet, but here's some from two days ago with the old model.

Very cool stuff....you may also be interested in cyphyr's experiments with Ring Worlds...a bit of a different approach but wild as well it's Reply#4 in this thread;
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,13517.msg133229.html#msg133229
Ah ringworld with the internal terragen nodenetwork. Interesting.Might be a good idea to think about making a proper Arthur C. Clark type of ringworld with fields and forests.

I've been
 experimenting with different main stars and compositions.
Terragen Discussion / Re: What do you think of a weekly Terragen Twitch stream?
« Last post by Seth on December 10, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/
It is a kind of Youtube.

just for fun : http://bfy.tw/FUYY
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10