Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Discussion / Where is Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster with Starman?
« Last post by AP on Today at 07:23:35 AM »
To give anyone an idea how far from the Earth Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster with Starman is, I used Terragen to plot the camera at the near exact location of the Roadster as it moves away from the Earth. This is a basic idea of what it could look like minus the lack of the visible background. The sun is not visible as it is somewhat more behind the camera's point of view.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Dune's cliff
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:11:07 AM »
Other version.
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Cliff WIP
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:04:48 AM »
perhaps I will play this close to the vest until 04/10
You wouldn't be the only one. I think I've seen maybe 7 out of 25 potential entrants posting something. So far....
Image Sharing / Re: Visit to Cloud Library
« Last post by Danny on February 22, 2018, 11:53:50 PM »
The crackling clouds remind me of TG Classic. There were some guys years ago that had that crackle really down working in full scenes. Keep on this
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: Cliff WIP
« Last post by Danny on February 22, 2018, 11:46:36 PM »
Clouds, veg and a high res render....

You mean finish the render Mick  ;) Lacking time right now. I hope to get something more finalized, Or perhaps I will play this close to the vest until 04/10
Out of curiosity, why do you want to point your spherical camera up?  Normally when rendering Spherical, you only want to rotate your camera around the Y axis (leaving the Y value at 0 in other words).  If you tilt up or down you get distortion or wavy lines.

Although those results do look strange.  Not the typical wavy distortion I'm used to seeing...
I have been rendering a lot of 360 cloud scenes (SkyBox) as 32-bit EXR with an extra output Alpha image as EXR as well, and am going to be using Natron for compositing. 

I already figured out how to turn off atmosphere to get a good alpha mask render, but I am still wondering about tone mapping settings.  I assume I need to alter those to comply with a linear workflow.

For example, do I put the gamma slider to 1.0 (default seems to be 2.2)?  What about the "Contrast" option, and "Soft clip effect"?

Is there anything else I need to know for linear workflow out of Terragen?

Also, if it's ok for me to ask here, does anyone know how to set up a Terragen rendered Alpha (32-bit EXR) into a workable Mask in Natron?  Somehow I need to combine the RGB channels of my alpha render and shove the result into the A.Color channel to be able to use in as a mask in the Merge Node. 

Thanks for any help,

-Derek
Image Sharing / Re: Orakum
« Last post by luvsmuzik on February 22, 2018, 09:38:59 PM »
Verrrry good. So realistic I could not get my arrow to navigate closer in image 2.  That point of view really draws the eye for sure! Excellent terrain!
Open Discussion / Re: Trunk sketching
« Last post by Upon Infinity on February 22, 2018, 09:17:19 PM »
3D Coat.  It's pretty good, but the UI is a little hard to get the hang of.
Open Discussion / Re: Trunk sketching
« Last post by mhaze on February 22, 2018, 09:03:06 PM »
What program are you using?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10