Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Image Sharing / Re: Bad...but not bad enough to be deleted.
« Last post by Kadri on August 22, 2017, 03:56:01 PM »

The middle Saturn image looks really good. Too bad you stopped working on it.

Indeed, thought I'd said as much as well but must have just thought it...

Couldn't find the image i saw, but it was too much similar to my taste.
Nearly same composition with water reflection of the planet and rings etc.
Otherwise i would have finished it.
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 22, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »
That's it! The fixed distribution shader.

Wow, that's right up there with René's stuff for massive and beautiful...well done.
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 22, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »

The middle Saturn image looks really good. Too bad you stopped working on it.

Indeed, thought I'd said as much as well but must have just thought it...
« Last post by Kadri on August 22, 2017, 02:19:00 PM »

Nice ones.

Some others:
After working with a scene on Win 7 earlier today I have to say that Win 7 suffers from the same problem, disabling the 3d preview didn't help, unfortunately. These short freezes where never a problem with older TG versions.
Image Sharing / Re: Rock study
« Last post by Kadri on August 22, 2017, 11:50:56 AM »
Kadri, try using the displacement to scalar after some displacements and strata, then warp and rotate mixes..... and use to displace.

Thanks Ulco. I had not much luck in that way. Worth another go later.

But what i used doesn't involve any strata node (some scenes before had strata nodes but that was different) and in general it is very easy.
A basic setup at least.
Hard part is to make it look nice.
Testing since 1 month with nearly the same nodes (It is amazing how many different looks you can get with so few nodes).
I am right now sick of those many tests.

I am just rendering two different scenes of the basic setup.
It looks more suited for far away stuff at first, but i will share it and see what you all can add to this.

« Last post by AP on August 22, 2017, 11:42:04 AM »
This is another unfinished project.
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on August 22, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
That's it! The fixed distribution shader.
Image Sharing / Re: Nebulae
« Last post by Denis Sirenko on August 22, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
If you like to render your own stars in3DsMax, I could send you my Max-File. It is made in 3dsMax 2009. If you have the program, you could use my setup to render your own stars in a big resolution and excellent quality. This would provide you also the Alpha Channel, so you will be ready for masking. Just mail me, I can send you my file if you like... :-)

It would be wonderful, I would have studied more carefully. I'm not sure that I will need the alpha channel, since I put the stars through the ADD, but still I can see.

Just lay the stars layer over your rendered space scene (nebula) and apply the negative multiply blending method for your star layer.

I understood. In the picture I saw that you have it called Negativ Multiplizieren. The fact is that in my English-language version of Photoshop this mode is called Screen. But I still usually use Add blending mode.

So I'm able to fade over between the milky way and the constellations and their main stars only. I underline them with my favorite music just for viewing and relaxation.

Unexpected application :)

(Attachment Link)

I like the overall composition and nice colors. And in the upper part there are more small details. It is perfectly.

I have been wondering how one would assign such masks in Terragen to a population of a single star object. There seems to be no way at the moment to assign a single value for each star dot in the mask. (Meaning you might get a cluster instead of a single star)
Rendering your clouds then layering post render would certainly be faster and leaves you with many more options for sure.

I generally did not find a way to make a large number of stars in TG. More precisely, I found one way, and he gave me a pretty good starfield. Here is the result:

75523-0

But unfortunately, nothing more can be done in this scene. I can only put these stars on my nebula in Photoshop.

(Attachment Link)

Oh, this is the new life of my nebula! Thank you)

And I saw Orion and other nebulae, its good! Have not you tried adding dark nebulae yet?
Terragen Discussion / Re: Помогите най
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 22, 2017, 07:51:07 AM »
spam
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]