Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Open Discussion / testing iclone 7
« Last post by Nacer Eddine on October 13, 2017, 10:56:52 PM »
Image Sharing / Re: Prometheus
« Last post by fleetwood on October 13, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »
Impressive render  :)
Image Sharing / Re: Jellomountain
« Last post by Danny on October 13, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
The reflectivity is distracting obviously, however the mountain is well shaped, very nature looking. I hope you continue with this one
Terragen Animation / Re: Prometheus
« Last post by Danny on October 13, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »
Nice work hannes
Open Discussion / Re: Hurricane Harvey
« Last post by PabloMack on October 13, 2017, 12:24:00 PM »
So you say this is a chemical haze Upon Infinity? Not just moisture? Wow...

It is not a "chemical haze" in the sense of being the product of man's activities. It is from all of the forest fires in the West as I talked about in my first post.
Terragen Discussion / Re: question about mask
« Last post by Matt on October 13, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »
In Terragen the displacement pipeline and the colour/shading pipeline are processed at different times. First, all of the shaders are used to displace the surface of the object so that the final displacement is known. Then all of the shaders are used to calculate colour and shading according to the final displacement. In your setup the Distribution Shader won't see any displacement because it's applied to an object that has no displacement (intentionally, I assume). It doesn't matter that its input can generate displacement, because displacement isn't automatically calculated when a shader is used as a mask; the mask shader only generates colour.

A different method is needed, and this is where Dune's method is useful. The terrain needs to be converted to a value using "Displacement to Scalar" node. This node requests displacement from its input during the colour/shading pipeline and converts it to a value that can be used as a scalar or a greyscale colour. This then can be used as a mask, but you'll want to remap the values to a range between 0 and 1 using a Colour Adjust Shader, or Smooth Step Scalar, or something like that.

Another thing to remember: Although data usually seems to flow from top to bottom (from a shader's output to the input port of another node), things are really calculated in reverse. An object or shader requests data from its input(s). Therefore the values generated by a shader depend on the context in which they are requested.

Matt
« Last post by J_Con on October 13, 2017, 02:23:16 AM »
Nice work...and a lot of it. I noticed the lights on the first pass and thought ,jese a lot of work. well done
« Last post by Hannes on October 13, 2017, 01:42:55 AM »
Thanks to you and the other twenty millions!  ;D ;D ;D
I used a localised cloud with low density and no density shader for the shadows.
« Last post by masonspappy on October 13, 2017, 01:17:40 AM »
Hannes that is quite impressive!
« Last post by KlausK on October 13, 2017, 01:07:09 AM »
dropbox is not responding atm. I`ll have to try tomorrow.
Cheers, Klaus
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything