Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on August 23, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »
Little strata experiments with warp shaders. Though I prefer making strata like features manually, with the fractal shader, it feels more natural(at least to me).
Terragen Support / Re: Terragen Exports Bad Geometry
« Last post by digitalguru on August 23, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »
Thanks ghoyos, good to hear.

Now that Terragen 4 can export a 32bit render, the quality of displacement maps (scalar or vector) will improve enormously, though I've yet to test it, it's on my to do list  :)

Edit: Just grabbed the free version to test 32bit output but it doesn't output exrs! Oh well, I'm going to upgrade my system so TGD 4 will have to wait for a bit.
Terragen Support / Re: Terragen Exports Bad Geometry
« Last post by ghoyos on August 23, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »
Thanks dune, digitalguru, and cpyhr.

I definitely will try the vector displacement map next time I export and bring it into Zbrush. Sounds like a way better solution than exporting a crazy amount of data.

Thanks for making that youtube tutorial. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Maybe change the name of the title or description/tags so people can find it when they are having trouble exporting. In my case as a newbie to Terragen, I didn't even know you could export a displacement map, so maybe you could tag it as "how to export clean geometry from terragen" or something like that. Whoever owns Terragen should make that an official video on their website documentation.
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on August 23, 2017, 03:22:32 PM »
Well, the strata shader helped with the spikes, but it's still not what I wanted to achieve.I'll experiment with the warp shader instead.
Also- time to revisit the pre-Cambrian era.
Image Sharing / Re: Rocktest
« Last post by Kadri on August 23, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »

Interesting :)
Image Sharing / Re: Rocktest
« Last post by Dune on August 23, 2017, 02:05:17 PM »
Clouds are moved such that they don't throw a shadow over the front part, if that's what you mean. And they're V3 clouds (lighter anyway). But I used another trick as well to get them a bit lighter; added another sun underground, lighting only atmo. So, I guess you're very observative  ;)
Image Sharing / Re: Bad...but not bad enough to be deleted.
« Last post by Kadri on August 23, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »
:)
Image Sharing / Re: Orgostia surreal experiment
« Last post by Kadri on August 23, 2017, 01:50:04 PM »

Looks nice.
Image Sharing / Re: Yup, we're in Wizard Country for sure now
« Last post by luvsmuzik on August 23, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »
Great setup!
 I have been waiting to comment to see if you solved the memory issue. Doing a great job with this, understanding having to disable things sometimes to preview and then, oops....did I go back and enable that again? You always do such a great job with lighting.
Image Sharing / Re: Mars Dying
« Last post by bobbystahr on August 23, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »
Agree
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10