Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: reflecting background with image shader in lake object?
« Last post by kmac on October 18, 2017, 09:09:28 PM »
ok, so looks like a luminosity issue..
sorted - it was just too dark  ::)
Image Sharing / Re: Arctic Sunset with Radar Station
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 18, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »
Well still imho less than satisfactory. Seems the terrain was contributing somehow to the atmo as I've changed nothing in it. C&C most welcome..Lost all the fake stones I scattered and textured, another mystery....didn't notice till I awoke today as TG was still chugging along on the sky when I crashed.
Terragen Discussion / DSM, DTM, DEM's
« Last post by dorianvan on October 18, 2017, 07:19:31 PM »
Can Terragen utilize DSM and DTM's or just DEM? If not, is there another way for DSM/DTM?
Terragen Discussion / Re: reflecting background with image shader in lake object?
« Last post by kmac on October 18, 2017, 07:06:16 PM »
basically i want a spherical map on my "background" object to reflect into the water..
Terragen Discussion / Looking for stories of using Terragen 4 in Production
« Last post by eapilot on October 18, 2017, 04:45:59 PM »
Hi,
I currently work in the games industry and I am also teaching a Matte Painting class. From what I have tried out in the beta and trial versions of Terragen 4, I see the potential of using it for procedural sky generation and I would love to evetnually incorporate it into the Matte Painting curriculum and use it in production. However, I haven't heard of very many people actually using it with any regularity in production.  Can anyone provide any first hand experience using it in Visual Effects or Games Industry?  And if so, the pros and cons?
Terragen Discussion / Re: Smoothing filter?
« Last post by Dune on October 18, 2017, 03:37:58 PM »
Nope, I've asked that as well, and Matt gave me the idea to merge two lines with a slope/height restricted mask. Haven't tried that yet, though.
Image Sharing / Re: Jack O'
« Last post by luvsmuzik on October 18, 2017, 03:21:57 PM »
.....Never too late.....

xoio scans (be creative :) ) WIP

Drac's cape, cloth by Blender
Image Sharing / Re: Nebulae
« Last post by Denis Sirenko on October 18, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »
Further the stars must be in a surrounding, where you are able to mask them properly. Hard to find such...

Yes, it is not easy to find an independent large individual star in good quality, without surrounding small stars. In addition, the Hubble stars are different from the others, they have four rays and typical just for him glare.

It is interesting that the place where the middle large star is located, and in front of it is a dark dust cloud. If there are such large rays, then there must be a bright glow, which obscures the dark cloud. That is, I think, if this star is put on top - it will become more realistic.
Terragen Discussion / Smoothing filter?
« Last post by René on October 18, 2017, 08:49:10 AM »
Is there a way to confine the new smoothing filter to slope or height? I have tried everything I could think of but it doesn't seem possible. :-[
« Last post by Hannes on October 18, 2017, 07:16:22 AM »
Indeed, I'm not quite sure as well what you tried to achieve.
However I did a test with the internal card object, assigned an image map shader to it and placed it above a water surface. It reflects.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10