Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Stuck in Town wishing...
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 04:44:26 AM »
It's a beautiful sunset. But can't you easily (even more easily) adjust height of water with a Lake object?

- Oshyan
Thanks and yeah but I find a plane or cube (because it's easy to rotate in all it's axis) easier to work with often.
Also if you drop a cube in the center of the area you want the lake and scale up the X and Z axis larger than the area and lastly scale the Y till the level is sufficient and divide that number by 2 and you have a true depth fro the water.
Image Sharing / Re: Guardians below Old Man Pass
« Last post by zaxxon on Today at 03:44:10 AM »
Oshyan, I had some earlier variations with more lighting and more color in the background, but it brought that area too 'close' to the foreground and sort of flattened the image while simultaneously creating a problem of too much color value and detail competing with the already pretty jammed detail level of the front. I also felt that the 'simpler' dark mass provided a better backdrop for the bright foliage of the aspens and birches. I didn't like the tests I made with higher haze settings, so any additional colors which might have worked in a 'heavier' atmosphere were tossed. I agree with your artistic sensibilities though, I always like to get that extra bit of punch out of the image. "understated realism", I like that.
« Last post by Oshyan on Today at 03:10:29 AM »
Foreground looks great, and I also love the subtle, minimalist clouds. Very realistic. The background texturing seems a bit simplistic and monochromatic though. Not unrealistic in nature, necessarily, but since you have total control of this "nature", it might be nice to see a bit more variation. ;) Still it has your signature understated realism, which I always enjoy.

- Oshyan
Image Sharing / Re: Stuck in Town wishing...
« Last post by Oshyan on Today at 03:08:57 AM »
It's a beautiful sunset. But can't you easily (even more easily) adjust height of water with a Lake object?

- Oshyan
Image Sharing / Re: The rain has disappeared...
« Last post by Oshyan on Today at 03:08:16 AM »
It's our anti-spam registration system seeing that you're using a disposable IP address. They are blocked in many cases because they are often used for spam registrations.

- Oshyan
Terragen Support / Re: Help with 4 reinstall on new machine
« Last post by Oshyan on Today at 03:07:20 AM »
Do you have access to the original license key email you were sent? Perhaps, for example, in online email, e.g. Gmail, Outlook, etc? If not, you can email customer service registrations AT planetside.co.uk and we can send you a new key.

- Oshyan
Announcements / Re: Sneak Peek: Terragen 4.1 Change Log
« Last post by Oshyan on Today at 03:05:50 AM »
Yes, we are experimenting with VDB support. No ETA yet. Are you interested in import or export?

- Oshyan
« Last post by zaxxon on Today at 02:03:07 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments!

Mick: the rocks are from Megascans, but there are some fake rocks in the midground. The fallen wood objects are also from Megascans, otherwise the trees and shrubs were made in Speedtree. And thanks for mentioning the "narrative", because there kinda/sorta is one, depending on what the viewer puts there.   ;)

Ulco: The cloud was a whole lot less "subtle" in prior versions. I think a lot of us have a love/hate fascination with the so-called "Easy Cloud". I truly am amazed at the rendered product, but constantly dismayed at the render times. For me it's the quality increase with large voxel amounts; to my eye the difference justifies the higher settings, but the time hit is painful. TG 4 with the RTP is a perfect companion to the V3 clouds and my favorite duo of added features. Still, improvements seem to be on the horizon!  :) I attached a prior test image showing a fuller cloud set. The time difference was almost two hours with my initial set up of 500 million voxels per cloud, the one posted below has a reduced voxel count of 350 million each (there are two separate clouds here) and the render time difference dropped to about an hour and a half. The final version contains just the single cloud and is set to 350 million voxels.

Terragen Discussion / Re: Terraman script update
« Last post by digitalguru on July 22, 2017, 11:33:38 PM »
it's been a while  :)
Terragen Discussion / Re: Terraman script update
« Last post by zaxxon on July 22, 2017, 10:29:55 PM »
Damn... makes me wish I was a Maya user (3DSMax here).  Good to see you here again Digitalguru!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything