Island Scene in Terragen 2

Started by Tetarchus, November 11, 2011, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetarchus

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to Terragen, but after watching a few tutorials and reading a bit on the wiki, I can create some half decent, mostly random terrain and apply some basic shaders and trees etc.

However, the main reason I was interested in Terragen was to create a fantasy island with a mountainous region, as well as some flatter areas with an area suitable for a small port. I'm also wanting a plateau about half way down the mountain. Other than those few (albeit rather major) requirements, the shape and actual layout of the island can be anything.

I was wondering if there was a tutorial or if someone could go through how to create something like this as the random route the majority of the tutorials take leaves the terrain looking rocky and mountainous almost all over, with few hilly or flat regions.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Matt

Dune

Welcome to the forum. A quick setup might be this, although there are numerous ways. Just hit generate terrain and erode after that. Check out the terrain, or try some different seeds, or simple shape or warper PF adjustments. I'll put it on file sharing as well.

Good luck and be sure to post your progress.

bobbystahr

Nice looking island mate..think I'll have a play with that  as well....thanks for sharing .  ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist