Recent posts

Terragen Discussion / Re: GAEA 2.0
Last post by Stormlord - Today at 10:25:11 AM
Quote from: Nala1977 on April 06, 2024, 06:50:42 AMi have the early acces and im using it, most of the nodes are disabled because they are being worked on.
The engine and the speed is incredible, light and day compared to gaea 1, there are some nodes that are crazy on what they can achieve like the sandstone and stratify.
When they will iron out all the issues and bug its going to be an amazing software.

What i can tell you so far is the speed is really fast, all erosion process takes very few and you can work basically at 2k resolution in viewport, 4k if you have a good machine. Its really spectacular

Spectacular sounds great!
Hope that they will release the final version soon...

STORMLORD

Image Sharing / Re: Flying Machines
Last post by Doug - Today at 08:44:55 AM
new siding colors

and working on a roof
Image Sharing / Meriterran Pictures 2024
Last post by Uwe Kronemann - April 14, 2024, 12:08:10 PM
Meriterran pictures with Terragen4. (2024)
Highfields Terragen, fotogrammmetries, OBJ Models.
(OBJ models Scale and Textures with Poser11)
Last post by Doug - April 13, 2024, 09:04:51 AM
thanks for the comments

new building siding

adding more stuff like tractors
Terragen Support / Re: Can't get OCIO to show up ...
Last post by digitalguru - April 12, 2024, 12:55:59 PM
In case anyone has the same issue:
I had a situation with Substance Painter where setting OCIO in WIndows Enviroment didn't run the way I wanted to.
Used Advanced Run  (free from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/advanced_run.html) to startup TG with the OCIO env variable
(would be nice to set that in inside TG rather than globally for Windows)
Terragen Discussion / Re: GAEA 2.0
Last post by digitalguru - April 12, 2024, 12:43:06 PM
I can wait for Gaea 2.0, v1 was inconsistent at times and it seemed like they backtracked on a few things.
Rather have a version that hits the ground running, even if that means next year :)
Terragen Discussion / Re: Pixel gaps in rendering
Last post by pokoy - April 12, 2024, 06:22:50 AM
Quote from: sboerner on April 11, 2024, 10:02:11 AMUpdate.

I removed the population that I thought was causing the issue and left the filter set to Narrow Cubic. Everything worked fine for several days and then, bingo, another artifact. But this time I had enabled all of the render passes. I was curious to see which ones any artifacts would appear on. Answer is attached.

The main file (beauty pass) is saved out as a 16-bit tiff. Passes are all 32-bit exr. The artifact is a box with a tiny dot in the center. It appears in the beauty pass and tgRgb passes. It does not appear in the tgSurfRgb pass. Then, strangely, only the tiny dot in the center appears in the tgSurfIndirect, tgSurfIndirectDiff, and tgSurfIndirectDiffRefl passes. All other passes are clean. What this all means is beyond me, but there it is.

I've set the filter to Cubic BSpline (even though I prefer Narrow Cubic) and will use that until another artifact pops up.

Interesting, it's probably the GI/indirect element, not reflection as I suggested. Whether it's a NaN that's not handled well by the filter or something else, at this stage only TG support can help out.
Last post by Maggie89 - April 11, 2024, 01:59:00 PM
Unfortunately, I'm unable to assist with this matter; I haven't encountered these issues before, and I wouldn't know what might be at fault. My suspicion is that it could be a problem inherent to the renderer, rather than any specific setting. On a brighter note, those trees in the background look quite lovely.
Last post by sboerner - April 11, 2024, 10:02:11 AM
Update.

I removed the population that I thought was causing the issue and left the filter set to Narrow Cubic. Everything worked fine for several days and then, bingo, another artifact. But this time I had enabled all of the render passes. I was curious to see which ones any artifacts would appear on. Answer is attached.

The main file (beauty pass) is saved out as a 16-bit tiff. Passes are all 32-bit exr. The artifact is a box with a tiny dot in the center. It appears in the beauty pass and tgRgb passes. It does not appear in the tgSurfRgb pass. Then, strangely, only the tiny dot in the center appears in the tgSurfIndirect, tgSurfIndirectDiff, and tgSurfIndirectDiffRefl passes. All other passes are clean. What this all means is beyond me, but there it is.

I've set the filter to Cubic BSpline (even though I prefer Narrow Cubic) and will use that until another artifact pops up.

Last post by sboerner - April 11, 2024, 09:48:04 AM
Hangar and ground surface look terrific.

See what happens if you lower the sun closer to the horizon. It should bring out more texture in the asphalt and corrugated iron of the buildings.

Planes could use a little weathering!