Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Open Discussion / SpeedTree License
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 22, 2018, 05:02:22 AM »
So, eval was pretty quick (and limited to speedtree, couldn't test in TG) and didn't get much done but have an opportunity to use Speedtree over remote desktop, however we both can't seem to determine from the license if that means I could sell the objects or distribute them? It doesn't seem to make any mention of mutliple parties like other licenses do for education and firms. Can anyone shed any light?

Since the license is his, under his name, and I would be selling them under my own, we're wondering if the "made on legit copy" clause actually carries over.
User-contributed Tutorials / Re: My way to get stars! (short version)
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 22, 2018, 04:43:57 AM »
I'm glad it worked! That file should work through 5.0 to CC. Unfortunately the noise created in this earlier version has some issues with high resolution, but the levels seem to mask out the anomalies.
Image Sharing / Re: Untouched Land
« Last post by sjefen on October 21, 2018, 10:04:06 PM »
I've reworked the scene a little.

Changed the lighting, changed distribution on some of the vegetation and added some more.
Hope you like it.

- Terje
Image Sharing / Re: New series of river works
« Last post by Oshyan on October 21, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »
With PT you currently control base reflection softness with the Min Highlight Spread (in Water Shader's Reflections tab). It uses very small values. 0 will give you the perfectly sharp reflections you want.

- Oshyan
wondering also what can record those amount of frames? If each frame is only 1 kbyte then the drive that records have to be able to write with
9313 Gbyte per second. This means the 25 frames record is 232825 Gbyte. What kind of ssd they have?

I was wondering the same thing. Their explanation was not satisfactory. Lol I'm still trying to also grasp exactly how any cell is capturing faster than light if nothing can can "move" or "perceive" faster than light???

They explain that past streak cameras were more of a spoof, and I am wondering if that's not the case here to some degree as well, just not explained.
Image Sharing / Re: Path tracing an old scene Fields
« Last post by Hetzen on October 21, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »
Thank you.

Yes there's translucency on the leaves, but I think the main idea with the lighting was to get the hole in the wall to let light through, and get some dappled light on the tree bark. The golden hour version is all very nice, but this version is what I wanted to make, you're on a Sunday walk with the dogs in Gloucestershire. I even prefer the v2 clouds.

Hey WAS, forgot to comment earlier on the cobble function. Yes, I've enjoyed seeing you use it. You're right, it is two lanes of half sine waves offset. You'd have to sample the function several times to get the cobbles to overlap those. What you could do is use a Voronoi cell function to determine each grids grout thickness which will intern shrink the stone randomly, but I'm not sure that's a real solution.
File Sharing / Re: Grass and Bush Packs by Mr. Lampost
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 21, 2018, 07:54:24 PM »
Thanks for resurrecting these awesome models for future artists. :D
Terragen Discussion / Re: Exposed Main Input for Containers
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 21, 2018, 07:52:12 PM »
While these are great ideas, my original plan was a super simple addition to the Internal Network window which would help with packaging nodes in whatever has a main input and output.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Exposed Main Input for Containers
« Last post by digitalguru on October 21, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »
Right-click -> convert to container node

That could come under the banner of "convert nodes to macro" - any group of nodes could be encapsulated this way
User-contributed Tutorials / Re: My way to get stars! (short version)
« Last post by Rich2 on October 21, 2018, 06:47:57 PM »
It took me a little bit of finagling but I got it to work - thanks for your help!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything