Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: New In The Shop: Cliffside by WASasquatch
« Last post by Hannes on October 23, 2018, 06:40:35 PM »
Oh yes, looks brillant! Thanks, Jordan.
Image Sharing / Re: Desert Road
« Last post by Hannes on October 23, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »
Agreed. Looks fantastic. In my opinion the transition between the road and the area next to it could be a little less smooth. Maybe some gravel?
Terragen Discussion / Re: New In The Shop: Cliffside by WASasquatch
« Last post by archonforest on October 23, 2018, 06:38:06 PM »
Wow thanx a bunch Jordan!
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 23, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
Awesome mood as mhaze stated. Love the sunset feel and the winding road. Perhaps some more texture/reflection variation on the road.
Image Sharing / Re: Nebulae
« Last post by Oshyan on October 23, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »
The improved adaptive sampling is available already in Frontier builds. If you have current maintenance you have access to them (4.3.09.frontier at the moment). The options are in the Edit Sampling dialog, "New adaptation curve" and "Robust adaptive sampler". They are still being worked on though, and should get better still. I do think it may help with the twinkling stars...

- Oshyan
Terragen Discussion / Classic Erosion Shader
« Last post by Rich2 on October 23, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »
I have a question about Daniil Kamperov's Classic Erosion shader /plug-in.   I've tested the free version and was able to get a pretty good result after a few iterations of both thermal and fluvial erosions. By registering, what enhancements will be available?
Terragen Support / problem with CPU % usage
« Last post by Frank_Art on October 23, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »
Hi, sometimes TG is not able to use all the CPU core, when it start is like 95% then it drop to like 16% CPU usage and it go up and to 35% and it keep float up and down at those level of usage until it finish to render the image.
I'm rendering mostly clouds with a 1950x (threadripper 16/32) and I also have 2x 1080ti SLI (i know they are useless for TG but maybe there is some driver conflict)
On advanced setting I leve 256x256 Max bucket size, check "Allow auto reduction" and put 32 Maximum threads.
Some idea why this is happening? there is any way to let G use 100%CPU constantly?
Thanks
« Last post by mhaze on October 23, 2018, 03:11:04 PM »
Great stuff! excellent mood. I love the mist and the blown sand.
Image Sharing / Desert Road
« Last post by Rumburak on October 23, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »
Finally I found some time to create another landscape. And due to the fact that I started motorcycling again a few weeks ago (after approx. 20 years...), I thought a road would be nice.
I was also curious about pathtracing, so I gave it a try.

Special thanks to Ulco for his Mountain Road Setup. That setup really helped a lot!
Special thanks also to Luc Bianco for his desert sunset that gave me a lot of ideas how to create the look I wanted.

Hope you like it!
C&C is always welcome.
Terragen Discussion / New In The Shop: Cliffside by WASasquatch
« Last post by Danny on October 23, 2018, 02:06:50 PM »
Cliffside Columnar Scene by WASasquatch (Jordan Thompson)

This scene demonstrates custom stratification and lateral columnar displacement. It also demonstrates applying populations to the cliff using Grass 9 by Ulco Glimmerveen. Dunes Grass-> http://www.store.nwdastore.com/dunes-base-grass

This package includes on TGO Object, 3 Terragen Clip Files, and the Cliffside TGD project file.

http://www.store.nwdastore.com/cliffside-scene-by-wasasquatch
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10