Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Desert Road
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 23, 2018, 08:10:58 PM »
That's a good point it is kinda soft. To that point there are some good ideas to learn from here for a gravel bank to the road, or some ideas for the asphalt: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24637.0.html
Image Sharing / Re: Long Valley well Harvested
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 23, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »
Very cool perspective indeed, reminds me of alien landscapes you'd see in movies.

I thought that as well but have no alien foliage...this is the trade-off.
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 23, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
I really like this POV bobby. Nice. The trees on the right side have some funny green color. Kind of bright for me. Perhaps a little tweaking?

Well you do recall I'm colourblind in the green/brown areas so I can't see it. Feel free to tweak in your graphics app...
Terragen Discussion / Re: Classic Erosion Shader
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 23, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »
I have a question about Daniil Kamperov's Classic Erosion shader /plug-in.   I've tested the free version and was able to get a pretty good result after a few iterations of both thermal and fluvial erosions. By registering, what enhancements will be available?

When you register a copy of DK Classic Erosion from Danill, you'll have access to the following features (I hope I don't forget any)

• A broader range of heightmap resolutions, up to 16384
  • Export heightmaps in *.ERD format (Drastically reduce workflow time being able to load a pre-eroded heightmap.)
  • Export heightmap maps in *.PNG format; Deposition Map, Flow Map, Wear Map, Streamline Map, Water Depth Map (I believe one or two more maps related to the River Mode)

Maps are super useful for exporting rivers depth maps, as well as post-processing on other map files to use within TG.

I picked this up because it was the only thing TG related that I could afford, and it is a really fun shader. I'm actually working on a scene with it right now.
Terragen Support / Re: problem with CPU % usage
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 23, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »
While you're waiting for a reply, refer to this topic that was just had recently here in support: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,25708.0.html
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 23, 2018, 07:30:03 PM »
Very cool perspective indeed, reminds me of alien landscapes you'd see in movies.
« Last post by archonforest on October 23, 2018, 07:04:58 PM »
I really like this POV bobby. Nice. The trees on the right side have some funny green color. Kind of bright for me. Perhaps a little tweaking?
Terragen Discussion / Edited Shadows in Shadows
« Last post by WASasquatch on October 23, 2018, 06:45:09 PM »
I noticed something strange in my Cliffside scene that was rendered in high resolution by Danny for NWDA (Thank you).

For some strange reason, Dune's grass, which has shadows set to 0.9 and use the colour to also shed some grass colour into shadows, is lightening terrain shadows. Maybe a little strong, not sure. But I noticed that the shadows LIGHTEN shadows that it's already part of.

I imagine Soft Shadows are still active. It's just odd that shadows are being casted as "light" basically in shadows due to the opacity being at 0.9, and being coloured, accentuates the "light" effect.

I'm also not entirely sure what grass the shadows are coming from xD No grass was rendered but there are shadows. I'm assuming the cliff edges where the shadows come from.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Learning about nodes
« Last post by archonforest on October 23, 2018, 06:41:59 PM »
Thank you Oshyan, I'll give a look
edit: books!!!! I'm so happy.. you talk about three books in that topic, which one should I begin with, according to you?

Archonforest, I'm quite good at math (not like your friend!), and I'm familiar with nodes in Maya and Nuke, there are many similarities, my problem now is that I don't see how they can apply to terragen, terrains and so on, but I hope I will improve myself with practice and advice. Thank you :)

Great news. Hope u succeed with the blue bastards lol  :D
Image Sharing / Long Valley well Harvested
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 23, 2018, 06:40:38 PM »
Made with a SSshader and fractal warp and populated mainly by this forum masonpappy's? Ornamental Grass Mature, Dune's free grass7, and his Cyprus along with one of Walli's pine bush collection and a .lwo pine tree I found elsewhere. C&C welcome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything