Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Image Sharing / Re: Old Barn Scene W I P
« Last post by bobbystahr on July 17, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
nice idea. I like it.
Since it looks very abandoned I would put lots of different veggies in that area. Like long grass..etc The tractor is missing shaders? Like it looks just gray to me. Like the tyres should be black-is and the body red or blue (I think these are the usual tractor colors). Then the wood piece it missing at the connection of the fence? Right side.

In a close up you'd see rusty chrome from hannes and a rust blend by me on most body parts. It is a dead tractor covered in ivy after all in a dead yard where nothing but ivy seems to grow...a cursed place in short...That's what I see anyway.
Image Sharing / Re: Twin Peaks ~ impressionistic
« Last post by KlausK on July 17, 2018, 12:48:17 PM »
hey, thank you all very much!
As lighting, mood , and compositional study it is probably done, or is it?
As I mentioned before, I am a little bit out of ideas for this for now...

Anyways, I attached two pics which show the Atmosphere and Background nodes and settings.

The terrains  actually only cover a area of about 100x100m. The rest of the planet is flat.
That is why the sense of scale of the peaks is completely gone when changing the camera position.
But this and the procedural sky lead to very moderate render times - only about 8 minutes with 0.6/6.
CHeers, Klaus
Image Sharing / Re: Further on the Statue on the Pool
« Last post by bobbystahr on July 17, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
Thanks y'all I love it when a plan comes together....
Image Sharing / Re: Dune's 2DFlame Card
« Last post by luvsmuzik on July 17, 2018, 12:05:24 PM »
Thanks everyone. I agree on all points.
The logs are the woodpile Sketchfab scan that comes on a curved base, so I am fighting trying to cover that curve as it takes the image texture. I am combining it with Hannes's burning wood tgc now and it is looking better already. The coals definitely need some variation, similar to WASasquatch's ember pile, so I will play around with that too.

barn lamp is one of those metal goose neck, bell type, a little hard to get the brightness right at the edge, but I will keep at it. Rotation to tip the bell isn't working as i want.
Image Sharing / Re: Just a few steps ... to procedural craters ...
« Last post by luvsmuzik on July 17, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »
This is a great addition to Terragen. Is there anyway to randomize the diameter, number, and scattering of craters?

Rob P
Just guessing Rob P, but inside the 2craters tgc, are the variables ......try changing the seed for scattering. You should already have two constant scalar on the voronoi noise blue nodes which should control the number. I am sure there is a detailed explanation, but that is where I would start experimenting making small changes in those numbers rather than extreme.
Image Sharing / Re: Further on the Statue on the Pool
« Last post by luvsmuzik on July 17, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »
ditto mhaze

Wonderful improvements!
« Last post by luvsmuzik on July 17, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »
So much potential here, a must complete:)
Image Sharing / Re: Another example of Daniil's excellent erosion plugin
« Last post by luvsmuzik on July 17, 2018, 11:38:41 AM »
I wondered when you made your Estuary image if this plugin would have been useful. For those of us who do not do blue nodes easily, these maps come in very handy when using the plugin. Great representation and application!
Image Sharing / Re: Twin Peaks ~ impressionistic
« Last post by mhaze on July 17, 2018, 11:36:41 AM »
Oooo, very,very nice.
« Last post by mhaze on July 17, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »
Good start. Edges of the barn need some veg growing around them.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything