Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Image Sharing / Steampunk Project
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 06:24:54 AM »
It's time for me to open my own steampunk thread, because the topic is now bigger than expected :)

It all started when I had recently reviewed my old Blender work and found these gauges.

I am fascinated by old things such as motors, measuring devices that still have real pointers or rusty materials, it may well be due to the influences of my work as a machinist and later as a technical draftsman in mechanical engineering.
I've always liked the smell of coolant and oil on the machines and the pounding and vibrating. There were almost no CNC or NC machines and I still did my training on old lathes, milling machines and planing benches without electronics.
Image Sharing / Re: Dune's 2DFlame Card
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 06:09:06 AM »
great stuff! :)
File Sharing / Re: Simple planet setup... needs work!
« Last post by Dune on Today at 06:07:33 AM »
It was quickly done, so don't hold it against me 8)
Terragen Discussion / Re: Procedural Semi-Transparency Colours
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 03:37:24 AM »
Is there a way to obtain semi-transparency with procedural colours? A image map can obtain this, but I can't seem to do it with PFs. The colour always picks up a certain brightness and is solid from there straight down to the pixel level. Glass doesn't work with shadows as it creates a solid shadow layer.

I'd like to do some procedural shadows based on water, but this doesn't seem possible in any aesthetically pleasing way.

Here is a rough draft with a image map and hidden card at water level for caustic shadows.

You can get a cool effect by applying that caustic map as a luminosity only function to a Child Surface layer of your ground/sea floor with good control of the intensity
archon, I take it to mean that - as with other "members" who have joined in the past - he will now be selling some of his resources, scenes, assets, etc. through NWDA. That's a great win for the Terragen community as I'm sure we could all learn a lot from some of the unique things he is doing. :)

- Oshyan

hence my anxious query heh heh
« Last post by WASasquatch on Today at 01:21:36 AM »
I noticed it could be used as embers too. Actually  doesn't look half bad. If the luminosity is upped it'll "bloom" more and soften the edges probably.
archon, I take it to mean that - as with other "members" who have joined in the past - he will now be selling some of his resources, scenes, assets, etc. through NWDA. That's a great win for the Terragen community as I'm sure we could all learn a lot from some of the unique things he is doing. :)

- Oshyan
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 12:05:48 AM »
a little starburst
Image Sharing / Re: Twin Peaks ~ impressionistic
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 12:03:06 AM »
And what does a kugelkopf image resemble? Used in world background..... :)
Terragen Discussion / Procedural Semi-Transparency Colours
« Last post by WASasquatch on July 18, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »
Is there a way to obtain semi-transparency with procedural colours? A image map can obtain this, but I can't seem to do it with PFs. The colour always picks up a certain brightness and is solid from there straight down to the pixel level. Glass doesn't work with shadows as it creates a solid shadow layer.

I'd like to do some procedural shadows based on water, but this doesn't seem possible in any aesthetically pleasing way.

Here is a rough draft with a image map and hidden card at water level for caustic shadows.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything