Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Terragen Discussion / Re: reflecting background with image shader in lake object?
« Last post by Dune on October 18, 2017, 06:20:51 AM »
Can you post a tgd or a screendump of what you're doing, and tell us what you're after?
Image Sharing / Re: Arctic Sunset with Radar Station
« Last post by Dune on October 18, 2017, 06:18:39 AM »
I would advice you to build scenes from scratch, and not stack tgc's (unless very small simple ones). Some stacks just don't go well together. Better learning experience too!
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 18, 2017, 04:42:48 AM »
Well I'm 6 hours into a new render and the oddest thing happened, just trading out a terrain and shader stack I'd saved as a .tgc of a previous arctic scene changed the sky...odd. The 6 hrs is 1/2 way so some time tomorrow as it's near midnite here and I was up early.
Image Sharing / Cloudsunami
« Last post by jlsarnicola on October 18, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
Odd banding godrays but it came out nice for a work in progress :o
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 17, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »
I have to agree with Ulco. The sky is beautiful, and so is the lighting, but the terrain looks kind of weird. Keep on, Bobby!!!

Thanks hannes, I'm having a clean up the loose crap in my yard today day as they're forecasting 90 kph winds tomorrow...glad I have a new roof....so maybe tomorrow I climb back on that horse.
« Last post by Hannes on October 17, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »
I have to agree with Ulco. The sky is beautiful, and so is the lighting, but the terrain looks kind of weird. Keep on, Bobby!!!
Terragen Discussion / reflecting background with image shader in lake object?
« Last post by kmac on October 17, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
This seems to not reflect in the water object?
a simple shader with a constant colour does reflect - but the image shader does not - also tried a default shader with the image piped in and that doesn't seem to reflect either?

terragen 4.0.04
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 17, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »
To be honest; I don't think this is working. The sky and light are nice, but I would change the terrain; rougher with smooth patches of snow (displacement intersection). Forget about these large stones, but sprinkle small stones.

I fear you are correct....will take another run at an arctic scene soon...I was mainly testing hannes' snow and ice preset and any arctic scene I've seen has way more flat in it to be honest. Thanks for the input.
« Last post by Dune on October 17, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »
To be honest; I don't think this is working. The sky and light are nice, but I would change the terrain; rougher with smooth patches of snow (displacement intersection). Forget about these large stones, but sprinkle small stones.
Image Sharing / Re: Arctic Sunset with Radar Station_UPDATE
« Last post by bobbystahr on October 17, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
messed around with the FakeStones, high AA and mpDetail and added sun effects...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything