Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Terragen Support / Re: Fake Stones color
« Last post by luvsmuzik on December 15, 2017, 03:20:36 PM »
An easy answer would be to use the Distribution shader on each stone, then you could even mask coverage of that distribution with a power fractal mask. Your merge shaders also have options for mixing.

Examine some files from File Sharing that are usually derived from images posted in Image Sharing. People are great about explaining as a project is developed the "how to" :) If you see a stone network you like in a tgd, you can make a clip file of that and insert it in your own project, be aware the terrain seed and fractal may not give you the same result, but that can usually be adjusted to unique terrain. Take note of the parent of the stones, ie, are they on a layer, a simple shape, masked terrain....
Image Sharing / Re: Spot on! Light objects - my go at visible lights
« Last post by KlausK on December 15, 2017, 02:52:00 PM »
No problem for me as such.
The problem is that your findings are now burried in this thread.
Maybe you should open a new thread like "God rays with multiple sun lights and put also a link to this thread in there?
That would surely help to let people notice your technique more directly. On the other hand I named my thread rather unspecific.
So if someone tries to find information about "visible lights" this thread surely will show up.
Hm, whatever...hehehe
CHeers, Klaus
Terragen Support / Re: Fake Stones color
« Last post by Fabien Sokal on December 15, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »
Excuse me, so what is the right way? how to restrict the stones spawning over the terrain by slope or altitude without breaking the color or surface shader from them?

A general rule is that fake stones are used as a child of a surface layer. The color of that layer is not used or selected for terrain color.  The settings of altitude and slope are shared by the surface layer and child layer.  If you want to restrict your stone color to equal hues, uncheck vary color RGB.

You can add several stones to the same layer with the merge shader and mix option.

Don't be afraid of using many layers for different effect, occasionally you might need to add an extra compute terrain at the end of your shader string before piping it to Planet.

Thx, i got that. But as an example, if you have 4 stone shaders merged to child input of that layer and you want to use different restrictions on them?
« Last post by N-drju on December 15, 2017, 12:24:59 PM »
I don't remember the numbers actually, but each sun adds about 50% to the render time unfortunately. :-\ This sucks, I know. But I still think I will use it for finals. As a point in case, consult the image below. My last one (for now) as far as this discussion is concerned and not half bad if I may say so myself:

77779-0

Atmo samples = 256 (!)
Sunlights = 2 (1.8 each)

Detail = 0.55
AA = 3
Defer atmo = on

GI cache det. = 2.75
GI sample q. = 2.75
+ supersample prepass

@ KlausK - Klaus, sorry for hijacking your thread like this, but I find your solution very insightful (as you can obviously see.) The look of your light beams is really nice to look at, so it just gives a nice, good kick to pursue for the same in sunlight objects.
Terragen Discussion / Re: What do you think of a weekly Terragen Twitch stream?
« Last post by N-drju on December 15, 2017, 11:45:15 AM »
Hahaha, I knew it cyphyr. ;D But on the other hand, if you use them then I guess you know how to achieve certain effects better than I do. :) Or are you just using clip files to do blue-related things?

@ agent_unawares - I guess DAZ Studio as such bit me. I know what I saw - this text is somewhere near the very beginning, when you start to download the software. ::) "Own what you make, royalty free" - rings a bell? Maybe DAZ itself does not communicate its policy clearly with associated content providers and that produces the overwhelming mess and DAZ legal team scratching their heads each time I ask them questions. ::) While content providers themselves rarely answer any questions at all...

Enough with the rant. Back to TG Twitch stream if you don't mind?
Open Discussion / Terracoin
« Last post by N-drju on December 15, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »
Wouldn't it be great if we could mine our own cryptocurrency (TerraCoin - XTC) by the power of the rendering process on our CPU? ;D All of you nerds and geeks out there, I want proposals. ;D
Terragen Support / Re: Terragen 4.1.8 doesn't supports dual Xeon
« Last post by ADL on December 15, 2017, 08:02:35 AM »
Hi Oshyan and Matt,
thank you we have make a cover with Terragen on our printed magazine some times ago (2009, image attached),
yeah I'm returned to work with Terragen and if possible I would ask you a full version as time ago as CGI teacher (now to this 2 CGI schools
in Rome and Milan http://www.rainbowacademy.it/corsi/digital-architecture-master-architettura-3d/ and https://scuola.mohole.it/scuola-3d/
you can found my name as TD on this last url) and tester and to make tutorials on TG 4.1 on our magazines 3D Artist Italia too (www.imaginaction.com and https://www.facebook.com/3DArtistItalia/).

With override Terragen say on splash screen, after restart, that it have recognize all the 72 cores on 2699v3 (we have a 2699v4 with 88 cores too boith with 128 Gb) but this is not true on rendering as you can se on the other image attached under Win10 :)

Ciao,
Antonio De Lorenzo
Imago Edizioni

« Last post by Dune on December 15, 2017, 06:32:39 AM »
Ah; I meant having 2 or 4 suns instead of one. But it's not important, so never mind.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Planet-making options
« Last post by Dune on December 15, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
If you use voronoi billows (or a blue node setup, I think, from my head, adding 2 3D perlins)) you can make white circles/dots. Mask into patches if needed. Displace those by the height of the tree needed and color it a greenish mix, and that's the basics. You can add a compute normal and some smaller displacements to mimic sidebranches full of leaves if needed. That's a lot of 'if needed'  ::)
Open Discussion / Re: Curves for modeling
« Last post by N-drju on December 15, 2017, 06:17:15 AM »
Hehe, most of it look familiar indeed. :) It's funny, and sad at the same time, that many small pieces of art are now reinvented and instantly marketed as the "inventive" property of Apple or some other company or developer while it's nothing more than patterns and creations of people who lived dozens of years ago.

This is a great resource you found. :) I have an affinity towards all sorts of oldies, so I'll definitely have a deeper look at it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10