Recent posts

Terragen Discussion / Re: New external drive Tg4 can...
Last post by james adamson - March 11, 2024, 12:42:42 PM
Hi. Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately I dont know Python and the project file is massive.
Any other ideas?
Thanks.
James.
Terragen Discussion / Re: New external drive Tg4 can...
Last post by Kevin Kipper - March 11, 2024, 12:17:57 PM
Hi James,

I'm not aware of a specific tool in Terragen to search and replace/update file paths for image maps loaded into a project.

I suspect that if the image maps existed in the Terragen Library, the library would also need to be refreshed, otherwise they would point to the older location.

One approach might be to write a Python script that would use the Terragen RPC feature to read through the image maps in the project, and replace existing paths with another path that you would specify.  Another alternative would be to text edit the project file, replacing the old path with the new path via a copy/paste operation.
Terragen Discussion / New external drive Tg4 cant lo...
Last post by james adamson - March 11, 2024, 11:49:34 AM
Is there a quick way to search an locate image maps etc as the file path has changed?
Image Sharing / Re: The Rough-Hewn Shore
Last post by Tangled-Universe - March 11, 2024, 09:07:34 AM
That looks interesting. The lighting is kind of overcast, but also not really.
The rocks look good and I also like the patch of fog. I think it could be a bit denser/less transparent for a bit more drama.
How long did it take to render? I feel a bit of an itch to up the AA. Like detail 0.6 with AA8 or AA10 and deferred (think this is deferred already though)?
Image Sharing / Re: Some renders, some WIP
Last post by Tangled-Universe - March 11, 2024, 09:04:15 AM
Quote from: pclavett on March 10, 2024, 07:53:30 PMAll nice shots, was recently at the Antelope Canyon sites in Northern Arizona..... your renders are very realistic ! As for the rocks.....you really have to concentrate to see the flaws..... they look quite perfect.

Thanks, I appreciate that :) I have to confess something; this is probably the first time I looked repeatedly at some pictures as how this should kinda look. Usually my work is with the mind's eye only.

Quote from: schmeerlap on March 11, 2024, 05:09:26 AMInteresting atmospherics in Glacial_Valley with the sun overhead yet a dark sky. Makes for a scene of great drama.

Thank you too. To be honest this one is quite heavily post-processed. I have to revisit the scene after my current (bigger) project, as it was very hard to achieve these rays AND keeping colours vivid in the scene.
The issue is the focal length, which is extremely long, thus you look through a lot of atmosphere. In turn, this makes godrays less easy to be visible, but there are tricks for that. Changing the focal length changes the perspective quite a bit and foremostly it makes the reflections look small, which was one of the key aspects I wanted to create in this image. I got a bit bored by fighting with it and got distracted by making some of these renders above.
Last post by schmeerlap - March 11, 2024, 05:09:26 AM
Interesting atmospherics in Glacial_Valley with the sun overhead yet a dark sky. Makes for a scene of great drama.
Last post by Dune - March 11, 2024, 02:21:53 AM
As said on discord, excellent stuff!
Image Sharing / Re: The Rough-Hewn Shore
Last post by pclavett - March 10, 2024, 07:54:30 PM
Nice rocks indeed  !
Last post by pclavett - March 10, 2024, 07:53:30 PM
All nice shots, was recently at the Antelope Canyon sites in Northern Arizona..... your renders are very realistic ! As for the rocks.....you really have to concentrate to see the flaws..... they look quite perfect.
Image Sharing / Re: Serenity
Last post by pclavett - March 10, 2024, 07:50:32 PM
Thanks Ulco for the suggestions, have been working on the snow this week and decreased the  Voronoi displacement that caused the cracks, was a bit too much. Have now redone the snow completely with 3 different layers at different levels of slope and warped lines of altitude. Should make the snow better. Also working on closeup view of the chalet with the mountains in the back, organized veggies on the chalet lot, a brick wall with bedded flowers. More to come ! Appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Might take a bit of time, one of my PCs is down as the last render blew the AIO Liquid Cooler pump and will get the pieces for the repair only later this week. The think was only 2 year old and now going with something designed not far from you... a Noctua Air Cooler this time, will take a while for me to get over this experience. Hope this does better ! Have a great weekend !