Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Terragen Animation / Re: Animated clouds to Maya
« Last post by 3D Lunatic on Today at 01:36:38 AM »
Thanks for your reply, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the pipeline. I suppose you can import cameras, so that I can match the camera movement in Terragen to be exactly the same as in Maya, including all the camera attributes (FoV, focal distance etc.) - I'm pretty sure you can do that.

My question is, if I'm trying to render an animation in which a small airplane is playfully flying around and through clouds, big puffy clouds that resemble a landscape, how can I create the flight path of the airplane in Maya if I cannot see the clouds? I want the plane to fly around the clouds in a way that shows that the pilot is aware of the shape of the clouds. How can I do that if I cannot see the clouds in Maya?

Thanks for your help!
Image Sharing / Re: Two Moons Sunset
« Last post by Kadri on September 19, 2017, 11:32:11 PM »

Nice.
Terragen Discussion / Re: Rock Won't Displace
« Last post by Oshyan on September 19, 2017, 11:09:34 PM »
Literally all you need to do is enable Subdivide Mesh. That will give you basic displacement with the Mesh Displacement input, but it will be faceted with default of subdivision level 3. Try 6 for a smoother look. The number of rock faces doesn't need to be changed to get good displacement, it will just determine how many faces the displacement is based on, but the subdivision is what determines how smooth it is.

- Oshyan
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Oshyan on September 19, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
These last few ones are very Alien-like. ;) But I like it, very cool shapes and detail.

- Oshyan
User-contributed Tutorials / Re: Export Terragen terrains as vector displacement map
« Last post by Oshyan on September 19, 2017, 11:03:43 PM »
There is no texture export. The best you can do is a top-down orthographic render to use a texture map.

- Oshyan
Image Sharing / Re: Two Moons Sunset
« Last post by Oshyan on September 19, 2017, 11:01:21 PM »
This is quite lovely.

- Oshyan
Terragen Animation / Re: Animated clouds to Maya
« Last post by Oshyan on September 19, 2017, 10:49:53 PM »
Hi and welcome. You can't export Terragen's clouds to Maya and even if you could they would not render as well because we have specially developed volumetric cloud shading in Terragen. What you can do, and what many VFX companies do, is render the clouds in Terragen, with alpha channel, depth pass, and other render elements, and then simply composite those with your elements from other software like Maya, in your compositing app of choice (e.g. Nuke). Terragen 4 supports a pretty good set of render elements useful for compositing: http://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Render_Layers_and_Render_Elements

You can also import and export camera and lighting data in FBX (or Nuke .CHAN) format to match lighting and camera moves.

- Oshyan
Terragen Discussion / Re: TG4 crashes when importing an object
« Last post by Oshyan on September 19, 2017, 10:45:35 PM »
Ah, well Mac may also update without his permission. ;) The operating system updates often include graphics driver updates as well, but they are not explicitly mentioned.

- Oshyan
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on September 19, 2017, 10:04:46 PM »
And as a population. Getting pretty Alien like...
Terragen Discussion / NWDA Community Store 2017
« Last post by Danny on September 19, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »
I am sure many Terragen users remember the original NWDA Community Store which was basically a separate section of the main store dedicated to community members for them to sell or share their Terragen assets. This is something that has kind of fell by the wayside after NWDA servers were unfortunately forced offline around 3 years ago. Currently we do not have a separate section, however I would like to keep this open merchant platform Frank B started back in 2009. So if you are interested in selling or sharing your models (Any kind), presets, complete project files or tutorials please use the Contact Us form on our website and we can get you started. Thanks for your time

http://www.nwdastore.com/contact-us/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10