Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hmmm, not saying we need this in TG.... but we need this in TG :D
Joking aside, this is nice and shows how machine learning can speed up rendering. It may take a few years until we're there but it looks promising.

Link with video:
https://www.disneyresearch.com/publication/deep-scattering/
File Sharing / Re: free megascans
« Last post by Danny on Today at 04:38:58 PM »
Hey thanks René!  I went to download the free stuff and noticed I had been given 50 free points too!  :)  Maybe because I had purchased Quixel Suite in the past.  Now the hard part is choosing how to spend my points.

Buy 4K 3d objects, the surfacing doesn't render well in TG .. yet  .. I hope :)
Image Sharing / Re: Crystal Lake
« Last post by fleetwood on Today at 04:28:38 PM »
Very nice mysterious atmosphere.
« Last post by D.A. Bentley on Today at 04:19:43 PM »
Hey thanks René!  I went to download the free stuff and noticed I had been given 50 free points too!  :)  Maybe because I had purchased Quixel Suite in the past.  Now the hard part is choosing how to spend my points. 
Terragen Discussion / Re: importing vdb?
« Last post by cedmen on Today at 03:35:09 PM »
ok thanks, that would be great because your renderer is awesome.
Image Sharing / Crystal Lake
« Last post by Ethrieltd on Today at 02:53:46 PM »
More back lighting work.

Not entirely happy with the water...
Open Discussion / Re: Beautiful realism.
« Last post by Dune on Today at 02:13:00 PM »
I was wondering that too, after I wrote it down. But I think it's too clean somehow, unless these people have been heavily made up  ;) And in some strands of hair, you can see they're on one plane.
« Last post by zaxxon on Today at 01:49:34 PM »
There are some new free scans available since the initial releases, and it looks there are some 8k map versions up as well. The 8k versions have exr displacement maps as well as the jpeg displacement maps. The problem with the debris models is that Terragen doesn't (as of yet) have a "scatter" option in the Distribution Shader to load multiple meshes into the tool. That would be a nice feature to add.  :)
Image Sharing / Re: Nebulae
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 01:14:36 PM »
I picked 70 years because before that we relied on earth's telescopes mostly for astronomical observation. Man reached further for the stars and got there. All technology, especially photography, has enlightened us with color and scale. Now we can imitate, in many media forms, with reasonable accuracy what the dreamers imagined. I have lived long enough to see most of this occur, so with comparison of historical theory and now fact, it is truly amazing!
Image Sharing / Re: New Terragen User what do you think so far?
« Last post by Danny on Today at 12:36:29 PM »
Nice start indeed
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything