File Sharing / Re: moss model
« Last post by archonforest on September 19, 2017, 05:53:21 AM »
Great tku!
Image Sharing / Two Moons Sunset
« Last post by AP on September 19, 2017, 03:18:29 AM »
Two Moons Sunset
Image Sharing / Re: Croc Overhang
« Last post by fleetwood on September 18, 2017, 10:08:51 PM »
Good one. Now, you can break into "Crocodile Rock" in your music set.
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on September 18, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »
Yes, I am only referring to the final appearance of the material not the shader language. It just looks more plastic than metallic to me at those settings. Probably there's a way to make it still look metallic even with fuzzy highlights, I just don't know how in TG. I am interested to see how the 8K version turns out.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of plastic-or rather any highlights. It's often overdone in moves etc. But after experimenting it looked like a rough reflection is the only way to bring back the details that are missing due to the way terragen renders objects. I was disappointed how much of the original detail is just gone on the TG render. The first few renders looked like a piece of wood, or rock instead of a detailed spaceship. So it was just an "artistic choice". Now I'm rendering a 18 million poly building ,with the AO map used as a reflection image in TG. We'll see.
« Last post by agent_unawares on September 18, 2017, 08:13:18 PM »
Yes, I am only referring to the final appearance of the material not the shader language. It just looks more plastic than metallic to me at those settings. Probably there's a way to make it still look metallic even with fuzzy highlights, I just don't know how in TG. I am interested to see how the 8K version turns out.
« Last post by Martin on September 18, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »
Roughness on 0.22 is too high for a metallic I think in the TG shader. Look here for some examples of how the roughness varies with specular. Even 0.1 looks still too high for me. The matte version honestly doesn't look all that bad either though, it has kind of the look of old peeling paint and rust.

I really like the way the colors look on your original base texture. It's too bad about the export size. A lot of the fine detail in ZBrush is just gone in the TG render.
I know how it works in TG. But metallic is usually a different type of shader, it can be rough, or shiny , doesn't matter.
I'm experimenting with a 8k texture map , with a stronger burnt AO texture-.
« Last post by agent_unawares on September 18, 2017, 07:09:48 PM »
Roughness on 0.22 is too high for a metallic I think in the TG shader. Look here for some examples of how the roughness varies with specular. Even 0.1 looks still too high for me. The matte version honestly doesn't look all that bad either though, it has kind of the look of old peeling paint and rust.

I really like the way the colors look on your original base texture. It's too bad about the export size. A lot of the fine detail in ZBrush is just gone in the TG render.
« Last post by Martin on September 18, 2017, 05:38:51 PM »
Also The zbrush render
File Sharing / Re: moss model
« Last post by Lady of the Lake on September 18, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »
Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything