Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Open Discussion / E-ON Software is Down?
« Last post by Danny on January 16, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
I have noticed that EON's main site has been down for at least a month that I know of. That's a lot of $ being thrown out the window. Could it be that the Evil Empire has fallen? Perhaps their new Daddy Mr Bentley doesn't see any value in Vue. They made a huge deal with their 2016 Path Tracing capabilities, however I haven't seen any 2017 release of their software? What is the deal with??

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/
NWDA Cliffs Contest / Re: AndyWelder WIP's
« Last post by AndyWelder on January 16, 2018, 06:24:29 PM »
Not feeling up to par these days but managed to cure the exploded PF problem.
78340-0
Image Sharing / Re: I'm not yer Mom y know....
« Last post by luvsmuzik on January 16, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
Yeah I think a grayscale bump does like opacity alpha in my opinion, I forgot you do that double thing for your glass though. That balloon technique was quite the trip too  :)
Image Sharing / Re: Exr terrain as water
« Last post by luvsmuzik on January 16, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
You are absolutely right cyphyr.  I was trying to isolate at too small a scale here. There is an Atlantic ocean tgc  available in the library I think....I was just doodling. :)

yeah, made by Mr Lamppost way back IIRC but great hints from cyphyr...following the progress of this with excitement!

Thank you!
« Last post by luvsmuzik on January 16, 2018, 04:06:16 PM »
I know you all probably think I am so slow...but I really try a lot in between posts...not all of me is scatterbrained.

I reread Hanne's  water animation posts yesterday for some more insight:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21618.0.html

So here now we have a distance shader to cut some of the whitecaps. Low res crop...I am trying to adjust the amount of foam and slope on the foam layer, etc, etc,.....

I put links in so perhaps you can see something you never saw, who knows?

ATM, I am flipping between erosion project, camera projected image with displacement, and this, and some snow stuff...and and and.... :)
« Last post by bobbystahr on January 16, 2018, 02:57:51 PM »
You are absolutely right cyphyr.  I was trying to isolate at too small a scale here. There is an Atlantic ocean tgc  available in the library I think....I was just doodling. :)

yeah, made by Mr Lamppost way back IIRC but great hints from cyphyr...following the progress of this with excitement!
Image Sharing / Re: I'm not yer Mom y know....
« Last post by bobbystahr on January 16, 2018, 02:42:33 PM »
Way hip  ;D

Like the translucency on yer stained glass. Does that type of image shader take a bump map? I would love to see a definition in that lead work around the glass. Maybe this new stuff we are seeing will give us a clue. :)

I could separate the came from the glass but at present the st glass is a single plane but I'd add a 2nd plane for the came and it would be alpha mapped.I guess it could be bumped buy it would still be semi-transparent. With a 2nd plane with an alpha channel in place of glass you can cast shadows from the came as you may have seen in some previous glass renders I posted here.
« Last post by luvsmuzik on January 16, 2018, 01:14:35 PM »
Image Sharing / Re: Martin's landscapes
« Last post by Martin on January 16, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »
Strikingly beautiful and eerie and the same time. Fourth image shader most impressive!
Thank you! I should really model a modular moon base thingy, and an astronaut, it would be a nice focus point in these desolate landscapes.
Open Discussion / Re: 2018 VFX trend predictions from Foundary
« Last post by luvsmuzik on January 16, 2018, 01:03:13 PM »
In the meantime, I am waiting three weeks for a plumber due to weather conditions and lack of skilled people in my area. My situation is not an emergency, but still.

A five year old could tell me how to send a tweet or whatever it is they do now. (and it is probably down to age three now) :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything