Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Cratered VII
« Last post by Dune on Today at 07:44:51 AM »
Wondrous! Very nice lighting.
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion in use
« Last post by Dune on Today at 07:42:35 AM »
Thanks all. The masking of the sand (rock debris) is done with Daniil's erosion shader.

2 versions of the newer guys, but same sky. To get the light like this I used 2 suns, one for lighting the clouds at 3 and one for lighting the ground at 12. Fake, but well....
Mostly XFrog Prehistoric, but for the front stuff and some ordinary grasses. Rendered in 27 mins at 0.6 and AA6, soft shadows on, so surprisingly fast despite the V3 clouds.
Open Discussion / Re: A Thousand Roads
« Last post by Dune on Today at 07:19:25 AM »
Impressive!
Image Sharing / Re: Not Terragen Rock
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 06:19:26 AM »
This is very interesting!  I did see a post somewhere on this awesome forum from either Matt or Oshyan about the possibility/plans of eventually supporting Substances. 

If that happened I'd buy Substance in a New York second.
Open Discussion / A Thousand Roads
« Last post by Ariel DK on Today at 05:07:23 AM »
This is probably the most beautiful that I've seen this week. feature film that show the life of 4 contemporary american natives.
Realistic, GREAT MUSIC, really hipnotic, a lot of beautiful landscapes, and mind-opening stories...

https://youtu.be/52Nw19KhMuo

Hope some people of here can enjoy this...
« Last post by AP on Today at 02:33:25 AM »
Those are some good looking rocks.
« Last post by D.A. Bentley on Today at 12:57:22 AM »
This is very interesting!  I did see a post somewhere on this awesome forum from either Matt or Oshyan about the possibility/plans of eventually supporting Substances. 

The way substances work in 3D applications & 3D Game Engines that support the .sbsar file type (3DS Max, Modo, Unity, Unreal etc...) is they are built/baked at render time at the specified resolution, so really the user could specify whatever resolution they need for the rendered image to look good.  This would be awesome from a materials/surfaces standpoint, because you wouldn't have to bake out your substances into bitmaps if Terragen supported the .sbsar file type in some way. 

I am not a programmer, but I would imagine that like some of the other File Loader nodes in Terragen, there could be a Substance Loader node, which could be used like a bitmap, but have a panel of variables that could be changed through the use of sliders like many TG nodes.  These variables would slightly alter the material similarly to how you can in Substance Painter.

If something like this were to happen, you would be in "Node Heaven" using TG and Substance Designer in combination.  Dreams would be born, and other dreams would come true. ;)

Oh, and I finally can spell Oshyan without looking at a reference.  :)
Terragen Discussion / Re: Peachy Clouds - Seeking General Guidance
« Last post by bobbystahr on November 18, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »
Thanks guys!  I have followed your advice, and am achieving the results I was going for now.  I'm doing some renderings to post, and will include my exact settings here soon.

Derek

Ain't this just the best forum eh!
Terragen Animation / TG4 Creative sunset
« Last post by luvsmuzik on November 18, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
animation tests

Sunrise https://youtu.be/2Yb2VXqEpFo
Terragen Discussion / Re: Peachy Clouds - Seeking General Guidance
« Last post by D.A. Bentley on November 18, 2017, 10:36:45 PM »
Thanks guys!  I have followed your advice, and am achieving the results I was going for now.  I'm doing some renderings to post, and will include my exact settings here soon.

Derek
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything