Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Fakestonetest
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 02:39:16 PM »
I am working on an object for my Fakestone landscape in Terragen

TG and Blender
Image Sharing / Re: Fakestonetest
« Last post by Dragonfire on Today at 02:38:30 PM »
Hey Dragonfire, I tend to find your work somewhat Avant-garde and find myself staring at it from time to time. Mission accomplished. :)

Great thanks and have a nice Weekend!
Image Sharing / Re: My first project
« Last post by Artice-3d on Today at 02:34:30 PM »
These are excellent!
What is the secret of your sharp angles?
Vector displacement perhaps but from what source?
Great work!

Nope.. I thought about vector displacement, but for now i didn't find a good solution yet to use as i need!!!
« Last post by Artice-3d on Today at 02:28:41 PM »
I will think about to share something later, i want to explore more to know the limits of quality i can get !!!  8) :o ;D  Thanks guys for your support !! ;)
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 02:17:22 PM »
Hear! Hear! please share...those are stunningly sharp
« Last post by Dune on Today at 12:35:04 PM »
That looks good indeed. Care to share your technique?
« Last post by cyphyr on Today at 11:50:33 AM »
These are excellent!
What is the secret of your sharp angles?
Vector displacement perhaps but from what source?
Great work!
« Last post by Artice-3d on Today at 10:50:42 AM »
Hello guys, as i promised, my new technic !!  8) ;D I'm still experementing and results are really good as for me !!  ;)
Image Sharing / Re: Fully procedural planet
« Last post by Denis Sirenko on Today at 10:27:03 AM »
Hi, Ariel!

I've working in my own similar project of a planet in terragen, you can see my thread here: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,19476.0.html
Well, is the earth indeed, but many similar concepts are applicable here. for example: for my oceans I used the solution that Dune suggested you, and works.

Yes, I saw the post. Indeed, many solutions work well for me. Therefore, in truth, I have not tried to apply Dune's proposal in practice, because right now I'm completely focused on creating procedural nebulae (http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23403.90.html). So I'll be back to developing the planet after a while. Maybe in a few months.

I used a global DEM for continents, and another for bathymetry, which made things much easier than all procedural displacement.

Yes, it's easier. And I would do it if I had to create an image of the Earth. But I have another task. I need to get a magic button that would generate a planet, but with a unique pattern of continents, oceans, clouds, etc. And I need planets not only of terrestrial type, but also, for example, desert, arid, volcanic and so on... This is a completely different task, but there are mutual problems.

my work was mostly focused in clouds, but the yours is much more, well... procedural maybe? :P

Yes, they procedurally look, thank you for the remark. But I'm satisfied with this quality so far. Then we'll see. Maybe I can spend time improving them.

I attached a pic of a volumetric gas planet. just very warped clouds, but its a similar technique than your continents i think.

Yes, it looks like this. In my continents there is nothing special, just setting up warpers and power fractals.

another thing, is that you can also add icy poles to your planet easily, with large values of max/min altitude contraist to mask that zones. like also auroras.

Yes, this is a true observation. I will do this when I return to the planet. The pole should add great to realism. By the time of the auroras - I'm not sure that I will do this.

dont doubt to send me a PM for any ask, and please, can you explain me again the general process of your planet?

Ok, thank you!
I have already explained the process here. Specifically, what exactly interests?

Pd: the english isnt my lenguage, and the russian is translated much better to the spanish than to english, so russian its ok. ;)

Ok, in PM I can write in Russian.
Image Sharing / Re: Erosion in use
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 08:21:30 AM »
Colour me impressed...great scene Ulco.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything